British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

I note with interest the activities of Gemma Crabtree. Appears to be proactive and switched on. Lets hope the potters are pushing on in an upwards direction on and off the track.

• Like 1

The reserves looked the worry on Saturday, as neither really looked on the pace. Whether that was teething problems with machinery, who knows. As for the top 5, they will win meetings on their own at times. Smarty looked back to his best, while Kyle Hughes looked quick after an off first ride. They could easily be 9+ pointers each. Priest looked up and down, but looked good when passing Atkin in his first race. Reade looked a bit down on power, and Chessell was great for anywhere between 1 and 3 laps. If he could stay on he could put a point on his average easily.

Could be a hit and miss season!

Ben had carb problems in his opening three heats and ended up switching bikes for his final two rides mate.

just hope that Shane is ok after a very heavy fall; seemed to bounce on his head and tumble. Not looked elsewhere but do we know his condition?.

Shane was released from hospital in the early hours of Sunday morning.

• Like 1

Praying the rain doesn't postpone Saturday !

I see no Ben on Saturday - hope that isn't going to be a common problem - although I hope he does well - he deserves a chance at advancement.

According to Twitter Emerson Jones has had a bad reaction to his fall at Buxton , this has prompted his fingers to type out an Ebay advertisement for all his speedway equipment , sorry to see Emerson go but he will probably change his mind again next week and more than likely return to mess another team about . meanwhile we have a new saga about to start with yet another untried MX rider signed on the strength of a couple of MDL wins against piss poor opposition .

But that’s what this league is supposed to be about. Finding new British riders.

Is it really , well I'll just have to disagree with that then , signing untried riders every fortnight only to have them quit or turn out to be useless , while lads who have shown a bit of talent and dedication get shoved on the backburner and get fed up and walk away doesn't seem a very good way of finding new talent to me .

The numbers game is the curse of the tried and tested rider that and not missing out on the next R Worrall. It must be a difficult job

Is it really , well I'll just have to disagree with that then , signing untried riders every fortnight only to have them quit or turn out to be useless , while lads who have shown a bit of talent and dedication get shoved on the backburner and get fed up and walk away doesn't seem a very good way of finding new talent to me .

Craig Cook 2009 unknown & untried Mx rider signs for Buxton ends season as No 1 & National league Riders Champion.

Craig Cook 2009 unknown & untried Mx rider signs for Buxton ends season as No 1 & National league Riders Champion.

Or the next Craig Cook

According to Twitter Emerson Jones has had a bad reaction to his fall at Buxton , this has prompted his fingers to type out an Ebay advertisement for all his speedway equipment , sorry to see Emerson go but he will probably change his mind again next week and more than likely return to mess another team about . meanwhile we have a new saga about to start with yet another untried MX rider signed on the strength of a couple of MDL wins against piss poor opposition .

Now that's a shock !

Can't say I'm surprised , a poor decision to trust him after he had initially quite

Not sure where I stand on this with regard on having Emerson back in the first place or not but it was apparent that it was going to be a long process for Emerson to be upto speed with the rest of the league's reserves never mind the main body of the teams. We do seem ( and by "we" I mean speedway in general) that because there has been success from Moto; that it is the best way to find the next rising star.Different disipline and racing style and although it can be done; and has been done very well by certain racers; it is not the only way into this sport. I do feel sorry for those lads that are dragging their bikes all around the country and not getting the chance their hard work and dedication deserve. Chris Widman must be wondering how his efforts are not being rewarded with a chance at a track somewhere, unfortuately there are quite a few "Chris's" in this speedway world. The lad replacing Emerson looks like with regular racing could be amoungst the riders and not tailed off at the back, and will be interested how he goes on in his first steps in competitive speedway. Hope Emerson's injury heals and he and the Stoke promotion learn from the past few months and not repeat thee mistakes made.

• Like 2

The problem is that what used to be the grass roots(no pun) into speedway, grasstrack racing appears to have dried up.

• Like 1

I'd rather someone with a chip on their shoulder than someone who doesn't believe they have a chance.

This chip was shopped

This chip was shopped

It's a shame, as he was looking better in the Buxton meeting.

Still, it's not a massive surprise. If he was unsure about starting the season, then a couple of meetings in gets wiped out and injured, it's tough to continue.

We move on, it's all that Stoke, as a club, can do!

• Like 1

It appears to me you are a very sad individual are you a disgruntled parent ? As you said not so long back you had finished with the forum for all the reasons you ahave stated on your previous post but it's obvious you ha e no other form of life other than to slag off young lads trying to make a go of something at least they've give it a go obviously your an expert at everything and I'm sure you've been slammed into a fence at 60 miles an hour gping for a non commited race pass, no fault of his own, people are so quick to judge but in my eyes you are a brave man for trying and having a go even if you don't succeed . Maybe you should give it a go Adonis being as your the expert or maybe just get a life. With not one sponsor and a rebuild cost in the hundreds of pounds with very little income and no support what is a young kid to do. We all have a money tree growing in the garden!!!!

• Like 2

Anyone who gives themselves the nick name Adonis has to be highly opinionated. In Greek Mythology Adonis was the God of Love and Desire. I saw little of these qualities in his post hence it seems a total misnomer. He doesn't even tell us what lies behind the array of quotes he has gathered together above perhaps his naming qualities reflect also his expression. His literacy seems to lie in childish emoticons. Emerson Jones was almost totally wiped out at Buxton in a fearsome accident that must have left him financially and mentally destroyed. He is trying to re-group. People like Adonis should leave him alone to sort out his future. Malcolm Vasey

• Like 2