British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TwoMinuteWarning

Monster Energy World Speedway Invitational !

Just watched the full replay and a couple (or three) of observations:

1)

I was very impressed with the quality of the internet broadcast. This was a full multi-camera production and ran absolutely fine through my laptop connected to my tv through a HDMI lead. Even though my internet connection is not particularly quick (less than 4 MB/s) the picture quality was good and there was no jerking, buffering or sync problems. For anyone who was able to watch the internet feed of the ELRC from Swindon, this was a far superior offering. It was just like watching the tv.

2)

The meeting itself was interesting and I enjoyed it. Out of the European riders, Lindback, Nicholls and Kennett showed up well and the 'top level' Americans (all of whom I expect are very familiar with the Industry Raceway) provided stiff opposition. Andersen was solid, if unspectacular. The only issue for me was there was a big gulf between the semi-finalists and the rest of the field (with the exception of Andersen). The Polish riders were disappointing and Lindgren also (though a heavy fall in an early ride may have affected his performance). A good amount of heats were spaced out with riders straightening up in the turns as they struggled to turn the bike as sharply as they needed to or picked up grip. Perhaps race-rustiness came into it.

3)

The internet feed had no commentator as such simply because the track announcer is more of an 'MC'. He simply talked from the beginning to the end of the meeting, stopping only for rider interviews which were carried out after many races by another announcer with a radio mike. Both announcers were clearly passionate about their speedway.

Going back to the internet feed, I certainly think, should a UK broadcaster not pick up the rights for the SGP, that this is the way for BSI to go as a temporary measure. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the broadcast.

A big well done to all at Industry Speedway.

In Defence of Freddie Lindgren. He was taken off pretty hard and knocked unconcious for about a minute .He was a bit dizzy after the incident and we were lucky that he was able to continue.He was absolutely flying around the place in practice and we felt we had a good chance of atleast making it to the semis.Freddie is a great rider with a great personallity. Loved working with him.Wolves fans are lucky to have a rider like him on your Team.

We hope Freddie will return to the Monster Invitational in 2013.

Edited by TMGracing

There was a superb 'speedway' edition of the very popular American website Bike Week Radio Show ahead of this meeting http://www.bikeweekradioshow.com/sounds/BWRSwk28.mp3 There was great praise for the sport of speedway from the presenters. Greg Hancock and Billy Hamill were excellent to listen to. The latter is doing great things for the future of speedway with his training academy.