British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Dudley 2013

Max Clegg, 1st signing for 2013, Bostin signing, I know 21st will be a happy Chappie.

I'm a little disappointed that Daryl wont be in the team for 2013, i thought he would have been one of the first names on the teamsheet after two pretty good seasons!!

Yeah, seems Darryl Ritchings and Tom Perry have been told they can speak to other teams, wouldnt have been my choice, but hard decisions have to be made, and i respect the management for making them early.

A shame there will be no Perry, as a neutral that goes to occasional Heathens matches at Monmore, hes one the reasons I go. The fun usually is when Tom misses the gate, he knows that track so well that it takes him no time in reeling in opposition riders then to pass them, alot of the time on the last bend. He's box office, and a shame if he's leaving.

I am pretty disgusted by some 'fans' reactions to Ash being made skipper. What kind of supporters are so doubt the captain before the season is CLOSE to starting. All Ashley has done for the last 3 years is give his all to the team and this is all the thanks he gets.

It's a shame to see Tom go, but let's see what Ash can do before we question whether he's suited to the job. I have every faith in him.

• Like 3

I'm pretty gutted we will not see Tom and Darryl next season but I can see the reason for both decisions. What we all want is to develop young talent. Patch and Rosco feel a year, at least, on a bigger track will help Darryl as a rider. Tom's average is too high for whatever plan A is. For the benefit of a better balanced team he has to be sacrificed. It's not the way I'd have gone, but I can understand the reasoning.

I'm also pretty disgusted by some of the comments that have been made by a few. Some have spent so much time moaning about who has not signed that they've not done enough to welcome those that have signed.

A big welcome back to Ash and Dan. It's great to have the two of them back next season. I feel both can improve significantly. Also, a big welcome along to Max. Great comment by him about being told the Heathens were in for him when he came back from school. It just reminds how young some of these lads are. Ok, some are released but we have three good riders on board and a very solid looking start to our team building. Happy so far. :t:

• Like 2

I am pretty disgusted by some 'fans' reactions to Ash being made skipper. What kind of supporters are so doubt the captain before the season is CLOSE to starting. All Ashley has done for the last 3 years is give his all to the team and this is all the thanks he gets.

It's a shame to see Tom go, but let's see what Ash can do before we question whether he's suited to the job. I have every faith in him.

Is that reaction on facebook(don`t go there anymore)what`s being said?..I`m glad we kept Ash as well,but I would have liked to have kept Tom and Darryl as well

Yes, there were some very unsavoury comments indeed. One particular person was most at fault, but I'm not so sure that person was actually a Heathens fan. A new account with little to identify a person on FB should really have a Troll as a profile picture. :lol:

The general tone from many was one of moaning about not having Darryl and Tom rather than welcoming the others and getting behind them for the coming season. I'm sure it will settle down. I just don't think some people engage their brain before their fingers. The fact that there is something of a Heathens cull is starting to hit home I think.

Perhaps the ones who are complaining about having to let Tom & Daryll go do not fully, no disrespect at all folks, understand the C21st rules, etc........even so we have had to break up teams far, far stronger than the NL 2012 side, remember the 80's when that started or before under rider control when we started to finish 13th or above in the BL of 20 teams!

Who ever rides in 2013 they will give their utmost for the Heathens as all have done in the past since 1947!!!!!!!

Edited by berniev123

.......even so we have had to break up teams far, far stronger than the NL 2012 side, remember the 80's when that started or before under rider control when we started to finish 13th or above in the BL of 20 teams!

Remember it very well,doesn`t get any easier with age though does it :D

Remember it very well,doesn`t get any easier with age though does it :D

No, but at least we have had a Heathens team to follow again since 2010 in the NL and hopefully for the future, however long that is :party:

As soon as Ash is introduced at the first meeting next year I'm sure he'll receive a huge Heathens welcome.

It is after all, the minority of Heathens fans who comment on Facebook, it's not an accurate indication of the overwhelming support the team receives week in week out, and I don't see that changing next season.

• Like 1