British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Dudley 2013

Ashley Morris is an excellent signing for you. A very shrewd decision in a very difficult position. It was never going to be possible to keep both Ash and Tom due to their averages. Your current signings look very promising.

Edited by roguetrader

Can we now run a MDL team as The Huns as we need to get youngsters of our own? Did this at Dudley Wood way back on a Wednesday night and got a fair few riders out of it, most of note......Dave Perks!

Stick a Heathens head race jacket on them or the 2013 NL team and BLISS!!!!!

Edited by berniev123

I have been surprised by the choices the management have made so far. I would have done the opposite, as far as Tom and Darryl are concerned, but you can see the logic of both decisions. I certainly won't be going on Facebook to have a moan though! Its a hard enough task without a few 'experts' having an ill mannered 'go'.

It was always the same at Cradley when Pratty had to do this year on year.

Whatever team we put out will still be our team and the management are clearly going to pack the middle order with lads who have the potential to improve their averages and, at the end of the day, isn't that what this League is all about?

I thoroughly expect Tom to return and do a Bobby Schwartz (and ya know wot that means doh ya!)and best of luck to him wherever he ends up next year.

• Like 2

Whoops, I forgot that not everyone out there is a Cradley fan!!

We were 0.02 over the points limit and released Bobby before the 1980 season started and he came back to score a brilliant 21 point maximum with Reading beating Mr Penhall & Co along the way. The only away rider to ever score a maximum that was greeted with a standing ovation at Dudley Wood (not that there was ever much of an option to sit down there).

According to tonight's local rag Byron won't be back either, we have only kept Ash & Dan from the League Leaders 2012 side!

Now that is some rebuild to do in time for 2013..........at least we have added Max who is an excellent prospect.

According to tonight's local rag Byron won't be back either, we have only kept Ash & Dan from the League Leaders 2012 side!

Now that is some rebuild to do in time for 2013..........at least we have added Max who is an excellent prospect.

Well if thats true 123, it will be one heck of a clearout, and I would expect possibly an Experienced rider to be in there, possibly an ex Heathen, backed up by some progressive young uns, as to who they may be, time alone will tell, but i await with eager anticipation.

Edited by greyhoundp

Hi Greyhoundp,

If, and I did say, if you can get your hands on the local Dudley News (28th November 2012) on the back page it has an article that says that Tom had to leave due to his 9.88 average and what a nightmare Nigel has had since last Thursday!

Adam, Tom, Darryl, Byron & Jamie were shown the exit door due to rebuilding for NL 2013 rebuilding BUT when the time is right Tom & Ash could be back in the PL............hopefully this time next year!

We should have 5, yes I did say 5, new signings for 2013, so who are the missing 4??????????????????

The 3 we have got so far, Ash, Dan & Max seem to be happy bunnies due to their comments!

Regards,

Bernie

It's been strongly rumoured that Lewis Blackbird is off to Dudley as the 2nd heat leader.

I`d prefer to keep Byron

Me too Martin!! He was in great form before his injury and was improving all the time, would be a shame to see him miss out.

It's been strongly rumoured that Lewis Blackbird is off to Dudley as the 2nd heat leader.

Can we Have JJ or SN instead plz, i dont fancy another double upper.

I know the riders concerned and their respective clubs obviously have the ultimate decision, but I'd sooner have JJ. Personally I think he's a far better rider.

Byron & Nigel have confirmed on twitter that Bekker wont be a Heathens rider for 2013!!

@bekker33: Looking for a club still as it looks like I can't fit into the heathens for 2013. Gutted but made a lot of good friends and met great people

@nigelpearson: @bekker33 you did us proud mate and were a delight to deal with. Welcome back anytime. Good luck with the recovery.

I am trying to get a green Dudley Heathens Hoodie for a friend of mine as a present where can I get one please Dudley fans?