British Speedway Forum
Paul

Kent 2013

Following the new averages, we could be seeing Dave Mason back in the saddle, hopefully he will now be able to get really involved with the younger riders, when and where it matters most. I'm not saying he is going to be the saviour, and the wins will start coming in, but I think the "Feel Good" factor and a bit of confidence in their own ability will come back to some of the younger lads. Anyway, maybe the luck will change, let's see what happens.

Following the new averages, we could be seeing Dave Mason back in the saddle, hopefully he will now be able to get really involved with the younger riders, when and where it matters most. I'm not saying he is going to be the saviour, and the wins will start coming in, but I think the "Feel Good" factor and a bit of confidence in their own ability will come back to some of the younger lads. Anyway, maybe the luck will change, let's see what happens.

I was a strong defender of David Mason when he was dropped from the Kings' scheme-of-thing earlier in the season. His addition to the side could well see a turning point in Kings' fortunes on the track. If his return actually happens but in the end, that of course does and must rest with a final yes or no by the Kings management.

Pleased to announce the return of David Mason - see website for full details.

• Like 1

Good move, will make the team much more competitive - especially at home.

Edited by JC!
  • Like 1

While applauding the return of David Mason on my part, I do wonder now how Sam Woods is going to fit into the Kent Kings' scheme-of-things when he recovers from his unfortunate shoulder injury? It would be interesting to see a comment from the club in regard to this?

While applauding the return of David Mason on my part, I do wonder now how Sam Woods is going to fit into the Kent Kings' scheme-of-things when he recovers from his unfortunate shoulder injury? It would be interesting to see a comment from the club in regard to this?

I suppose the question is will he be the only injury. You can't predict anything in speedway

I suppose the question is will he be the only injury. You can't predict anything in speedway

I do appreciate your reply TMW. However, I wonder how Sam Woods will fit into the scheme of things at Kent Kings when he has recovered and if the present squad all escape track accidents? Or will - as this is speedway - he won't get back in the side BECAUSE HIS AVERAGE IS TOO HIGH although a rider of lesser ability will stay in the team?

Or you could ask what happens to Mark Baldock,who replaced Sam Woods,before Sam Woods replaced Mark Baldock,before Dave Mason replaced Sam Woods,after Benji Compton replaced Dave Mason. :blink::D

Or you could ask what happens to Mark Baldock,who replaced Sam Woods,before Sam Woods replaced Mark Baldock,before Dave Mason replaced Sam Woods,after Benji Compton replaced Dave Mason. :blink::D

Good point. I do indeed add all these eventualities to the saga...What Will Happen When...?

Edited by Guest

I do appreciate your reply TMW. However, I wonder how Sam Woods will fit into the scheme of things at Kent Kings when he has recovered and if the present squad all escape track accidents? Or will - as this is speedway - he won't get back in the side BECAUSE HIS AVERAGE IS TOO HIGH although a rider of lesser ability will stay in the team?

Where on earth do you get this idea from that Sam's average is too high His average is at the statutory minimum of 3.00 (in other words actually lower but set at 3.00) so there can be no issue of it being too high!

A tongue twister!!! Even better you could ask; How can a clam cram in a clean cream can? :lol:

Edited by JC!

Where on earth do you get this idea from that Sam's average is too high His average is at the statutory minimum of 3.00 (in other words actually lower but set at 3.00) so there can be no issue of it being too high!

I am not saying Sam Woods' average is too high...I was just theorising. As usual an excellent reply from you - my thanks. It may well be as you say (although Sam is not included on the website Kent Kings' averages). I just want to know where he will fit in to the Kent Kings' plans when he is fit to resume. No more than that.

Edited by Guest

The unfortunate rider to make way is Sam Woods who suffered tendon damage to his shoulder in a crash at Mildenhall last Sunday, “We would like to wish Sam all

the best and thank him for his efforts both on and off track especially helping promote the club. It is unfortunate that someone has to make way, it’s a numbers

game and Sam will get a chance somewhere in the future. We would also like to wish Sam a speedy recovery from his shoulder injury” said Kings Team manager

John Sampford. Would this be the answer your'e seeking . it is hidden in all it's glory on the front page of the Kent website , maybe I can help with a little explanation .... Sam Is not coming Back !!! for those of you who have difficulty reading the clubs website .Sam will get a chance somewhere in the future

Pleased to announce the return of David Mason - see website for full details.

Nikko, surely your footnote now requires an update or have too many names been included in the squad with us being only half-way through the year?

David should never have been dropped after only two meetings as the team was bottom ended, Benji has not really made any great significance over and above that of David. Sometimes leave well alone is worth remembering especially as track and team had not even bedded in.