British Speedway Forum

Polish Play-off Final & 3rd Place On Tv Sunday 22nd September

That's the really sad part of it all, hard earned money spent by people.. I wonder if it will lead to crowd trouble?

See my post 1402. Hope not, but i'd be bloody fuming if i'd handed over my hard-earned zlotys.

How about a ban on club and riders for 2014? . Hit them where it hurts. Totally disgraceful situation.

I can see both sides of the coin here. That Torun should have been allowed to find a replacement for Gollob or R/R and such things.

On the other hand you just can't postpone meetings because one of the teams have several injuries.

This year Smederna have suffered really hard from Injuries and there have been many meetings where we have missed several riders.

For large parts of the season but Smederna kept fighting and eventually made the play offs and semi finals before getting struck by another injury.

Apparently Torun had found a replacement for Gollob. The teams and the team managers wanted to ride but the owners had apparently said no.

Torun will be demoted from Ekstraliga and will be fined 3'000'000 Polish Zloty, which is about £600'000GBP.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I can see both sides of the coin here. That Torun should have been allowed to find a replacement for Gollob or R/R and such things.

On the other hand you just can't postpone meetings because one of the teams have several injuries.

The big scandal is they knew the situation last night and let all the fans travel to the stadium.Speedway is a joke in practically every country it is run.For me it is getting to be time to turn my back on the sport.Maybe i will go to a meeting in future and maybe i won't.And the thing is i could get into most meetings for nothing!!!!That is how bad i feel at the moment about the past year or two

• Like 1

Come on Speedway TV lets at least have a commentary of events. I'm just watching a screen with no sound.

I wonder how many Speedway TV subscribers will be demanding a refund??!! For info, the GoSpeed rep will probably be in attendance at the Abbey Stadium, Blunsdon, Swindon on Monday evening! :P

Edited by Skidder1

in polish league most owners and co owners are shady characters who became rich fast due to collapse on communism type in your search engine name Jacek Debski who was minister of sports in Poland in 90's and read his bio and what happened to him on wikipedia and there are tons of people like that in sports in Poland.

Well guy this season in Poland ended not the way I anticipated well there is still GP left see you then

Thanks for your help today Pawel in keeping us informed. Sorry it had to be this way.

Positive note. The cleanest kevlars ever at a post-meeting presentation. :lol: :t:

• Like 1