British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Scunthorpe Sat 6th April 7.30pm Plus Track & Toilet Debates

Was not there but updates seemed to indicate no passing. Is that right Lions fans ?

Great stadium but i've been there twice and hardly seen a proper race.

Thats what certain posters would have you believe even in last nights meeting, as they must have conveniently shut their eyes when the racing got to all the passes on Bends 3 and 4 in Heats 4, 5, 12 and 15 for example.

Bends 1 and 2 could still produce more, but I fail to see how anyone cannot acknowledge the much improved racing in the 2 home meetings this season on Bends 3 and 4...............oh I forgot, that would not fit with the 'agenda' some people have.

I've been to 4 meetings so far this season 2 Leicester, 1 Scunthorpe and 1 Coventry and factually there were more passes last night than in any of the other 3 meetings I've been to, with last Saturdays meeting at Leicester and the Scunthorpe meeting being about the same and Coventry having the least.

What do you expect for nothing ?

I'd say its a matter of individual choice, but personally I'd rather get a programme like Sheffield's or Scunthorpe's than pay £3 for Leicester's, a quarter of which is adverts.

While what you say is true, its all virtually for nothing if the racing is poor. Wrap a dog turd in a shiny wrapper and its still a dog turd.

Can you name me another 32 page programme in any sport that only has 19.54% Ads to 80.46% Editorial content?

I would be interested to hear that example, because I know there are many that have a much greater Ad content.

As regards racing.....you quite clearly were NOT there last night, or had your back turned to the racing. :blink:

• Like 1

Too cold for my kids so missed the second half junior meeting. Interesting to see ex Newport promoter Nick Mallett riding. Just wondered whether he managed to set the stadium on fire with his performance or not?

He got a couple of third places, one of which was upgraded to second due to an issue with Martin Knuckey's bike. Knuckey looked to have improved since I saw him last season and James Shanes also rode well for the Mercia-Vikings.

Went last night after hearing how the winter track changes will make for better racing, unfortunately it was the usual fare. As others have said, if the one pass by Bjerre on MPT is the greatest race ever, that just about sums it up. It is a shame because the rest of the stadium is spot on, and I always have a sociable chat with the home supporters who I my experience all always friendly.

I do think £3 is to much for a programme, with the internet freely available to most people will look up anything they are interested in, so its the Scunny/Sheffield programme for me.

Lastly, if you think that was cold you should try Scunthorpe.

Sorry to get to the almost always ignored subject on here of the Teams performance.......but well done Lions, looking well set for the season......with the competition created by Roynon's potential return only benefiting us as 5 Riders compete for the Top 4 spots :lol:

Can you name me another 32 page programme in any sport that only has 19.54% Ads to 80.46% Editorial content?

19.54% and 80.46%?. Are you sure, I've just checked that and at best i can only come up with 20.82% ads to 79.18% content. How do you work it out.

anyways, good to see you back. I actually missed your input during the Dave Darcy debate. I guess you were busy.

Mick.

Went last night after hearing how the winter track changes will make for better racing, unfortunately it was the usual fare. As others have said, if the one pass by Bjerre on MPT is the greatest race ever, that just about sums it up. It is a shame because the rest of the stadium is spot on, and I always have a sociable chat with the home supporters who I my experience all always friendly.

I do think £3 is to much for a programme, with the internet freely available to most people will look up anything they are interested in, so its the Scunny/Sheffield programme for me.

Lastly, if you think that was cold you should try Scunthorpe.

More passes than when Leicester visited Scunthorpe on Good Friday though :lol:

19.54% and 80.46%?. Are you sure, I've just checked that and at best i can only come up with 20.82% ads to 79.18% content. How do you work it out.

anyways, good to see you back. I actually missed your input during the Dave Darcy debate. I guess you were busy.

Mick.

25.75/32 x 100 = 80.46% Content...................6.25/32 x 100 = 19.54%

plus , I think Thursday's radio appearance could have gone a 'little better'

Thats what certain posters would have you believe even in last nights meeting, as they must have conveniently shut their eyes when the racing got to all the passes on Bends 3 and 4 in Heats 4, 5, 12 and 15 for example.

What utter rubbish,two passes really all night...Howe on MK and Bjerre on MPT

I saw the tractor more than I saw bikes.........,

"That the Dave Darcy stand everyone!!"---I couldn't give a rats ass what it is

"MK is on some borrowed bike"......yes you dick you have told us 99 times

"And now we have an interval".... Fecking hell is there any need??

Such as shame as the stadium is great and the viewing as good as anyway is speedway

• Like 1

Bends 1 and 2 could still produce more, but I fail to see how anyone cannot acknowledge the much improved racing in the 2 home meetings this season on Bends 3 and 4...............oh I forgot, that would not fit with the 'agenda' some people have.

I've acknowledged last nights improvement but equally i fail to see how the best you can come up with is that bend 1 & 2 could still produce more. Or for that matter the first home meeting was anything but dreadful. Surely that's an 'agenda'. My 'agenda' is the following. I want to see decent racing and to feel the £1100 i've spent is money well spent, unlike last year, when i was mugged out of my money. Would you not agree with that?

Edited by volty

Mick.

Really??? Is this what we are reduced to now. !!!!!!!!!

This will be what you call an indepth debate!!!!!! away fans must come just to see if we have 2 heads and 6 fingers :rofl:

Really??? Is this what we are reduced to now. !!!!!!!!!

This will be what you call an indepth debate!!!!!! away fans must come just to see if we have 2 heads and 6 fingers :rofl:

It was a joke Tina. Irony and all that. much as the same way, to be brutally honest, i wasn't really interested how Nick Mallett got on

Such as shame as the stadium is great and the viewing as good as anyway is speedway

'the cult of personality' Montie. In Leicester's case it's the 'cult of personalities'. I fear they cannot see the irritation it causes to anyone not in the 'cliquey club'.

as i put earlier. A question for Methanol fans, I do wonder what Popple is doing back out presenting. He appears to have changed nothing about his style whatsoever and i did wonder if he was giving all his and Darcy's detractors another one of his 'up yours' tonight by reverting right back to cartchphrase type and also mentioning the 'Dave Darcy' stand to death. I think he'd be far wiser to realise the opinion most people have on both and to adjust his pitch to suit.

you only have to look at the way they try and control fans views on the LSSC Facebook site to understand where they come from.

It's something that unfortunately apprears to pervade our club for some reason.

Mick.

Edited by volty

Well at least they didn't count any of your riders out of contention :wink:

• Like 1

It was a joke Tina. Irony and all that. much as the same way, to be brutally honest, i wasn't really interested how Nick Mallett got on

'the cult of personality' Montie. In Leicester's case it's the 'cult of personalities'. I fear they cannot see the irritation it causes to anyone not in the 'cliquey club'.

as i put earlier. A question for Methanol fans, I do wonder what Popple is doing back out presenting. He appears to have changed nothing about his style whatsoever and i did wonder if he was giving all his and Darcy's detractors another one of his 'up yours' tonight by reverting right back to cartchphrase type and also mentioning the 'Dave Darcy' stand to death. I think he'd be far wiser to realise the opinion most people have on both and to adjust his pitch to suit.

you only have to look at the way they try and control fans views on the LSSC Facebook site to understand where they come from.

It's something that unfortunately apprears to pervade our club for some reason.

Mick.

Nobody seems to comment on this good point ?

Really sad the idiots couldnt run straight through the main match and got straight on with the second half and done all the chit chat to those who wanted to listen to it after the second half, I and many others go for the speedway and on such another very cold night I and many others left and missed races we wanted to see because we were so cold waiting around

Edited by robert72

Sheffield may have a free race card, but, parking is £2.

Racing has improved slighty at Leicester turns 3 & 4 are starting to develope more lines. Having said that I find the track far to slick and they grade it to much.

Well at least they didn't count any of your riders out of contention :wink:

Cos there was no need to!!

• Like 1

How could you have seen the free programme at Sheffield if you have not been since 1983?

No disrespect to you "Spin King", but have you ever heard of Programme Collectors? It's just my preference that I enjoy a programme with plenty of reading content. Each to his/her own I suppose.

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway