British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Redcar 20th April

It's outrageous that supporters should have expectations to see their riders performing for their team. It's disappointing that Bjerre's absence has been ignored in the pre-meeting blurb on the team's website.

Crap track missing the only home rider who has looked like overtaking anyone on it all year. Personally wouldn't blame Bjerre but shows up the issues we have. The Lions policy i'm sure will be to try and make as little as possible of the situation in the hope that as many of our fans as possible will turn up and pay to see the spectacle. As ever, nice that Long Eye and Tsunami see it from both fans, riders and promotions view, erm something like that.... Thankfully, i'm taking Tina's advice and i'm now going to the speedway for the craic rather than the speedway. Lets hope i make some friends. After all, who goes to speedway these days to see motorbikes racing?

Mick.

Edited by volty
  • Like 3

Crap track missing the only home rider who has looked like overtaking anyone on it all year. Personally wouldn't blame Bjerre but shows up the issues we have. The Lions policy i'm sure will be to try and make as little as possible of the situation in the hope that as many of our fans as possible will turn up and pay to see the spectacle. As ever, nice that Long Eye and Tsunami see it from both fans, riders and promotions view, erm something like that.... Thankfully, i'm taking Tina's advice and i'm now going to the speedway for the craic rather than the speedway. Lets hope i make some friends. After all, who goes to speedway these days to see motorbikes racing?

Mick.

I'd have thought watching some racing was essential because with all the love-in cliques that exist at BP you're more likely to be gatecrashing someone else's craic! :lol:

It's outrageous that supporters should have expectations to see their riders performing for their team. It's disappointing that Bjerre's absence has been ignored in the pre-meeting blurb on the team's website.

It's going from bad to worse if that's possible. 3 points would now seem to be unlikely. 2 points is a more realistic result but 0 points is now a distinct possibility. Bjerre's rides may be taken by Karlsson, Doolan, Graversen and a reserve so they will do well to score 6 which is below that expected from Bjerre.

http://leicesterlions.co/

Lions v Bears Saturday 20th April

On Saturday 20th April the Lions meet the Redcar Bears in our first home Premier League fixture of the season. Racing begins at the usual time of 7.30 pm. Gates and ticket office open from 5.30 pm.

The bar in the stadium car park will be open from 5.30 pm on Saturday for anyone who wishes to purchase a ticket for the meeting. Please note that ticket sales in the bar will only be taken by debit or credit card.

If you are dropping people off at the stadium it is advisable to do this within the leisure centre car park to avoid congestion along the access road to the stadium entrance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saying !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the information here TMW , but it falls a little short in some respects . there is no Info on Toilets , How many urinals per head of expected crowd ? and no info regarding the track I.E. track length ,improvements, preparation and the likelihood of viewing some spectacular racing similar to that offered by other such venues , I'm sure it would be appreciated by a few posters on here if you could do a little research into these matters and post it for general information , I have heard there is someone from the northeast who posts on these threads regularly who despite only having visited BP once or twice knows everything there is to know about the place , maybe you could PM that person and relay the information on here for those who are not quite so knowledgable .

• Like 5

The amount of meetings Lasse will miss this season depends on how he progress in the World U21 series I heard last week that he is also missing for the Ipswich home fixture in a couple weeks and possibly more. I wonder if he may be the one to be replaced when Roynon is fit again

It's going from bad to worse if that's possible. 3 points would now seem to be unlikely. 2 points is a more realistic result but 0 points is now a distinct possibility. Bjerre's rides may be taken by Karlsson, Doolan, Graversen and a reserve so they will do well to score 6 which is below that expected from Bjerre.

if thats the case maybe a good move would be to change the riding order put r/r at either 2 or 5.

I hope you know this as fact? because there is a lot of rubbish masqarading as fact on here and people get upset.

The amount of meetings Lasse will miss this season depends on how he progress in the World U21 series I heard last week that he is also missing for the Ipswich home fixture in a couple weeks and possibly more. I wonder if he may be the one to be replaced when Roynon is fit again

I wonder if it's cheaper to have a rider who misses several meetings than one who rides in, and has to be paid for, all of them. Every penny counts at Leicester.

Why would you do that.

Not a lot of point signing him in the first place.

what's the latest on Roynon? Missed the radio show last night so wondered what the news is... any mention on when he's back..

Yes i heard it, I would be surprised if he returns this season or is allowed to return. He says he still has an headache but its getting better,plus when he is travelling in a car as a passenger looking out is abit weird even at 30mph, so it seems the bang on his head is causing vision aswel aswel as headaches,

I think bad head injuries should have a min time off and for leicester saying he will be back very soon is out of order as he needs time to get well.

Nightshift - With regards to why Leicester signed Bjerre I think they took a gamble on him not making the World U21 rounds and finals as for the last two years he had got eliminated very early. From what I can see looks like most of the rounds are on Saturdays so if he qualifies then may have to be looked at again.

I can also see a possible home loss this week really need Kauko and Magnus to step up and improved score from Nielsen

Nightshift - With regards to why Leicester signed Bjerre I think they took a gamble on him not making the World U21 rounds and finals as for the last two years he had got eliminated very early. From what I can see looks like most of the rounds are on Saturdays so if he qualifies then may have to be looked at again.

I can also see a possible home loss this week really need Kauko and Magnus to step up and improved score from Nielsen

I agree re result. I think we will be up against it with Micky Dyer at reserve for Redcar. He looked pretty handy last year at BP and i think he's probably even moved his game up a level since then.

Mick.

Yes i heard it, I would be surprised if he returns this season or is allowed to return. He says he still has an headache but its getting better,plus when he is travelling in a car as a passenger looking out is abit weird even at 30mph, so it seems the bang on his head is causing vision aswel aswel as headaches,

I think bad head injuries should have a min time off and for leicester saying he will be back very soon is out of order as he needs time to get well.

i have not read anywhere that anyone from leicester has said he will be back soon,who has said this?

i have not read anywhere that anyone from leicester has said he will be back soon,who has said this?

I thought i heard a leicester promotor say on the radio adam will be back very soon or was it in a few weeks he said? also didnt he have a dig at mr horton about the coventry boss saying adam could be out for the season?

I thought i heard a leicester promotor say on the radio adam will be back very soon or was it in a few weeks he said? also didnt he have a dig at mr horton about the coventry boss saying adam could be out for the season?

Yes, I heard Mr Darcy assert that because Roynon had been tweeting the day after the crash that he would be back in action very soon. The interviewer pointed out that Horton had said something rather different. Maybe Horton had spoken with Roynon or his people, maybe not, but it didn't sound to me like Mr Darcy had.