British Speedway Forum
Brough Diamond

Teams Looking For New Riders! - From Where Exactly?

If averages are true that Dyer will go into the Redcar 1-5 maybe they are looking to get rid of Carl Wilkinson when he drops to reserve. Seems funny that Redcar have flown Simon Nielsen in to ride for Redcar in the Julie Lewis meeting tonight

So i wonder if it is to see how he goes with the view to signing him.

Dont think Redcar have flown Nielsen in. More he's putting himself in the shop window. Wilko had shown a slight improvement recently, and will slot well into a reserve place.

Nielsen has flown in specially for tonight at the cost of Redcar i was told

Dont think Redcar have flown Nielsen in. More he's putting himself in the shop window. Wilko had shown a slight improvement recently, and will slot well into a reserve place.

just how much does it cost a team to have a foreign rider? The air fares in peak holiday times will be high. I often wonder how much of a teams income goes to the airlines and also in mileage expenses for a southern based rider to travel up to the north Redcar, Newcastle, Workington, Berwick and Scotland. I know that there are not enough British riders of PL quality around but if the foreign riders are so expensive maybe the league needs to employ more NL standard riders, would we notice if heat two was contested by 4 NL standard riders? I think not. Its all very well listing a load of foreign riders as available. Lubos Tomicek and Claes Nedermark appeal to me as worthy of a team place, but what about British NL riders? We (Newcastle)gambled on an English NL rider Lewis Kerr who must be a cheaper option than a foreigner and he has settled with Newcastle in the PL and is doing great. Berwick have NL Paul Starke also doing quite well. Not counting Aussies and NZ'ers do we really need to fork out a fortune on foreign riders who can score Just a few more points in the PL than NL lads?

Edited by dantodan

If Redcar management had anything about them, they would be doing everything in their powers to keep Dyer at reserve for as long as possible.

Linus Eklof would be a decent addition for a PL side looking to strengthen up.

• Like 1

Leicester don't pay riders airfares . At Leicester if you sign for X amount of money per point its upto the rider to get in & out the country if they decide to live abroad.

This was the problem we had with Linus Eklof he costs an absolute fortune then sometimes doesn't give 100%

Linus Eklof would be a decent addition for a PL side looking to strengthen up.

Does anybody know what Jari Makinens average would be now ? Would he fit in at Leicester if they keep Roynon and Karlsson .

• Like 1

Lubos tomicek worthy of a place?! Oh please

• Like 1

If Redcar management had anything about them, they would be doing everything in their powers to keep Dyer at reserve for as long as possible.

Too late! Wilko drops to reserve on the new Green Sheets, and I don't think it would make sence dropping anyone (and I haven't done the maths either, to see if it's possible) to get Dyer back down to reserve.

just how much does it cost a team to have a foreign rider? The air fares in peak holiday times will be high. I often wonder how much of a teams income goes to the airlines and also in mileage expenses for a southern based rider to travel up to the north Redcar, Newcastle, Workington, Berwick and Scotland. I know that there are not enough British riders of PL quality around but if the foreign riders are so expensive maybe the league needs to employ more NL standard riders, would we notice if heat two was contested by 4 NL standard riders? I think not. Its all very well listing a load of foreign riders as available. Lubos Tomicek and Claes Nedermark appeal to me as worthy of a team place, but what about British NL riders? We (Newcastle)gambled on an English NL rider Lewis Kerr who must be a cheaper option than a foreigner and he has settled with Newcastle in the PL and is doing great. Berwick have NL Paul Starke also doing quite well. Not counting Aussies and NZ'ers do we really need to fork out a fortune on foreign riders who can score Just a few more points in the PL than NL lads?

1) It depends entirely on who that foreign rider is. Some cost a fortune (and find getting a team place difficult) and some don't, and find a team place nearly every season because of it.

2) Teams aren't looking for 3 pointers in the main, though. It's more middle order/top end riders that teams are looking at.

3) No, we probably wouldn't notice if heat 2 was "an NL race," but we would notice if those riders weren't PL ready when it came to, say, heat 4 when the two number 7's came up against two number 5's.

See Kings Lynn are hoping to announce a rider in the next 48hours to cover for Mads.

Here are some of the riders that are available:

Taylor Poole

Dakota North (for a PL place)

Jesper B Monberg

Matt Tresarrieu

Claes Nerdermark

Magnus Karlsson/Adam Roynon

Ryan Fisher (for a PL place)

Josef Franc

Emiliano Sanchez

Some good riders that would score some good points for some of the teams looking to make a change.

Unfortunately the rolling averages seem to have pushed a number of riders out of the Premier League , but your list ought to include:

Jordan Frampton, Lee Complin, Gino Manzares, Hynek Stichauer, James Holder, Richard Sweetman, Andre Compton....

and for the same reason as your Karlsson / Roynon post - Ricky Ashworth / Eddie(ward) Kennett.

Edited by Dave aka TheRealDL

Part of the problem for us armchair team managers s that we dont have the true averages of those available to hand.

All those mentioned that rode last year will now have a different average to that at the end of last year despite not riding due to the number of meeting included in the calculation being reduced.

Six meetings have fallen off the sample six which could make for a significant swing - up or down.

Unfortunately the rolling averages seem to have pushed a number of riders out of the Premier League , but your list ought to include:

Jordan Frampton, Lee Complin, Gino Manzares, Hynek Stichauer, James Holder, Richard Sweetman, Andre Compton....

and for the same reason as your Karlsson / Roynon post - Ricky Ashworth / Eddie(ward) Kennett.

Jordan Frampton has retired ... I bought his kit towards the end of last season

Jordan Frampton and Lee Complin have retired