British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skodaman

Lions V Rebels 22.06.2013

From what i am told the riders are traveling to Edinburgh on friday . But if DH turns up then the riders will revolt.

They accept that DH has to be there for home meetings but the riders want as little to do with him as possible.

No more pre match talks from DH or wife Yulia

No more promotional work to promote the club

No more help towards the club or its running

Basically the riders are taking no notice of DH they will simply turn up & ride then go home.

With all that expect changes to the team very soon because DH won't apologise & he will get rid of anyone who stood upto him.

Believe me if it wasn't for the fantastic fans & the backing they have from Glyn Taylor there would be no riders at Leicester anymore.

doesnt matter if DH turns up or not,when you say Revolt,what do you mean?? refuse to ride and get a 28 day ban??? yes sure they will

End of day,love him or loath him,the chap pays there wages and all riders need to remember that

Maybe there are ways to give employee`s a bollocking and he went about it the wrong way,but if i was in his position,with a fine team like he has,and chucked away a 12 point lead at home,with the rebels best reserve out of the meeting,id be fairly pished off to

• Like 1

Strange that people can post defending the promoter's dummies out the pram toddler tantrum of Saturday night. He DEFINITELY went about it the wrong way. But then again, he always does.

Whether he pays wages or not, behaviour like that is unacceptable in any walk of life and only serves to create hostility. It certainly doesn't make the people on the receiving end listen to whatever point he's trying to make. These are grown men doing a dangerous job and they aren't ever going to take kindly to being ranted at by someone behaving like a spoilt child who only ever raced a push bike. As usual it was not thought through, extremely babyish and sadly, true to form. When will he ever learn that respect has to be earned? You don't get it simply because you pay wages.

No doubt the riders will continue to ride for the Lions (for now) but when faced with that kind of childish rubbish they had no choice but to make a stand, otherwise he gets away with it and will do it again whenever he can't control himself because of a score line that he doesn't like. It's sport. Sometimes you lose and he needs to get over it, not throw his weight around like some playground bully. Well done to them.

Wasn't the racing meant to be great on Saturday? A shame that's getting overlooked somewhat purely because the promoter has scored yet another spectacular own goal.

doesnt matter if DH turns up or not,when you say Revolt,what do you mean?? refuse to ride and get a 28 day ban??? yes sure they will

End of day,love him or loath him,the chap pays there wages and all riders need to remember that

Maybe there are ways to give employee`s a bollocking and he went about it the wrong way,but if i was in his position,with a fine team like he has,and chucked away a 12 point lead at home,with the rebels best reserve out of the meeting,id be fairly pished off to

Doesnt give him the right to talk to the riders like s--t , and not everyone is prepared to just take it because there obliged too.

Some shows some balls.

As for the best reserve, sounds like he took everyone out , and then only himself thankfully.

Cheers Junior

Junior

Lets clear this point up,its the fans who pay the riders wages.

Who is the team manager of the lions, Glyn,DH or the wife now ?

Should they really just accept it and get on with it? A behind the closed door roasting is one thing but in public it is an entirely different thing. Any boss who dresses down an employee in front of clients is a workplace bully in my mind and their actions say a lot about them as a person. Does this kind of thing improve chances of a good performance in future? Such action will alienate current riders and will I am sure make alternative riders this year and in the future, think twice.

How do you sell the club to future riders on the basis that a defeat will lead to a public flogging?

Lions fans were all disappointed and he has every right to be annoyed at the sacrifice but on a day when there was a plus to be gained out of the quality of racing with some well chosen magnanimous words whilst at the same time expressing his displeasure during a closed door team meeting then fine but his actions have undermined the trust, loyality and faith in the whole set up. Publicly he has this season, criticized supporters and riders as well as apparently publicly falling out with sponsors.

Is there anyone who really believes that these actions are to the benefit of Leicester Speedway?

• Like 6

Is there anyone who really believes that these actions are to the benefit of Leicester Speedway?

Yes .. Mrcts

Interesting times at the home of the Leicester Lions.

Funnily enough I do see DH point. Being 12 points up and still losing isn’t good. And to be fair, if I was in his position, I think I wouldn’t be very happy either. But, it does show us one thing. The Lions heat leaders aren’t good enough I’m afraid.

Bjerre is to inconsistent , Nieminen isn’t a true No 1 and Karlsson is hit and miss. The loss of Roynon has buggered us up big style.

Top six I suspect and then when the big boys come calling…………Oh well.

Are you a complete buffoon or do you imagine things.........Where did I say that I agree with what Hemsley did!.... For the record I think the bloke is an egotistical control freak and I have never posted anything saying what a great guy he is!

Tempted to say, "told you so" but that would be smug... :lol:

Seriously though. A very accurate description and happy to agree with you for once.

Interesting times at the home of the Leicester Lions.

Funnily enough I do see DH point. Being 12 points up and still losing isn’t good. And to be fair, if I was in his position, I think I wouldn’t be very happy either. But, it does show us one thing. The Lions heat leaders aren’t good enough I’m afraid.

Bjerre is to inconsistent , Nieminen isn’t a true No 1 and Karlsson is hit and miss. The loss of Roynon has buggered us up big style.

Top six I suspect and then when the big boys come calling…………Oh well.

I'm tempted to agree with you. I think although I didn't witness any of whats been talked about so I don't comment unless I have. As I, like many others 'heard' about it in the bar. I'd say whats playing on his mind is the play off's. We aren't picking up any points away and if we drop points at home Leicesters season will finish in august and that unfortunatley doesn't make a great deal of business sense if you ask me. Yes there are ways of doing things but DH i'f, what has been said is true is no different to any other promoter when up against the ropes. I've heard Terry Russell publically humiliate his teams on SKY how more public can you get?. It's not unheard of but as I say doesn't make it right. but then I have worked for Micheal O'Leary so if you are talking about public dressing downs.............

I'm tempted to agree with you. I think although I didn't witness any of whats been talked about so I don't comment unless I have. As I, like many others 'heard' about it in the bar. I'd say whats playing on his mind is the play off's. We aren't picking up any points away and if we drop points at home Leicesters season will finish in august and that unfortunatley doesn't make a great deal of business sense if you ask me. Yes there are ways of doing things but DH i'f, what has been said is true is no different to any other promoter when up against the ropes. I've heard Terry Russell publically humiliate his teams on SKY how more public can you get?. It's not unheard of but as I say doesn't make it right. but then I have worked for Micheal O'Leary so if you are talking about public dressing downs.............

so we didn't get any away points at plymouth,glasgow or sheffield then?and there was me thinking we did.

Are you a complete buffoon or do you imagine things.........Where did I say that I agree with what Hemsley did!.... For the record I think the bloke is an egotistical control freak and I have never posted anything saying what a great guy he is!

Strangely enough I have never heard you say anything of any substance or that requires a modicum of original thought , you're more of a try to find fault with others original thinking and personal attacks type of poster , but it takes all sorts and you are definitely one of a sort . have you in the course of your work ever met Krusty ?

The only thing D H did wrong on Sat night was deliver the B********g in front of other people instead of behind closed doors .Having said this the pits area is supposed to be for riders/mechanics and officials only so there was obviously some one in there only to happy to spread gossip about what basically was nothing to do with them or anybody else.When you are 12 pts up on your own track the team as a whole should be able to see out the win especially if you are pushing for the title as the Lions are.Talk about riders revolting at E/burgh on Friday night shouldnt be on here as public knowledge because this shows the current squad do not deserve to be employed by anyone let alone DH .Before some of you jump down my throat I am neither a DH or Lions fan I,m just someone who has been a fan of a tremendous sport (since 65) and worked trackside as a trackman for 20yrs .There seems to be a certain undercurrent of fans that have and never will accept DH as the owner of their team you could get your wish soon which will be a sad day for genuine Lions fans as in the curent climate of expense and cost there aren,t many people willing to risk money resulting in closure of B/P

• Like 4

so we didn't get any away points at plymouth,glasgow or sheffield then?and there was me thinking we did.

Yes !!!!!!! points that the rest of the league are going to pick up aswell. If we pick points up at Edinburgh, Ipswich and Workington I will stand corrected. I'm not that bothered if we make the play off's or not just enjoying my meetings while we have them but then my bank balance doesn't depend on whether we make the play off's or not!!!! Unlike the riders and the promoter.

Should they really just accept it and get on with it? A behind the closed door roasting is one thing but in public it is an entirely different thing. Any boss who dresses down an employee in front of clients is a workplace bully in my mind and their actions say a lot about them as a person..

oh come on,you never had a bollocking infront of folk before,it happens,i no i have,[i did arrive at an exhibition with a bottle of Glenmorangie and handcuffed to a hooker mind]

Still,im sure grown men can take it and will all forgot about by Friday

OT I have read your post again and you indeed do not mention the word lucky, however you do have a rather alarming knack of always finding something wrong with good Rebels results,not something me or others make a habit of doing.On the subject of the tactical,I`m bored with going on about it again,but if it is one of the reasons you will not bring people to speedway,I suggest you read some of the posts on this thread at how GOOD the meeting was last night,and hardly anyone running it down because of a tactical.I know you enjoy your speedway and attend the OTA far more times than I am able to.Try to lighten up a bit , enjoy the victories and the hard work that goes into it. Regardless of the tactical , it was a pretty impressive performance by the lads last night,from 12 down to come back and win it at the death,I`m sure there will be occasions when the boot will be on the other foot.

Cliffeboy, of course you are right. I find as you get older I get more and more like Victor Meldrew, it's just that such a good sport is spoilt by so many stupid rules.