British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

British Gp 2014

Some good comments but the 1985 Odsal-staged World Final was 28 years ago. Money values have moved on a little since then - and riders are paid far more than they were then.

And the £17.50 mentioned for the year 1990 in real terms now is £33.69.

World Final was a one off, not shown live on TV and arguably the sport had bigger stars and following in the 80's. GP's are like a Circus, televised live and perhaps more of a show/event - but for me don't have the same sparkle of a one off Final.

I love the way the tickets are advertised with xx% saving on the previous years price - which had gone up by the same xx% the year before. Who are they trying to fool - saving my ar53!

My beef on prices isn't just the cheapest tickets, sat in the gods, are £29 but that all prices have increased to silly levels. I attended every Cardiff GP from 2002 to 2011 and initially sat lower tier near the starting gate (paying more than £29 a seat!) then moved to middle tier because of price hikes.

BSI have seen fit to increase prices in recent years despite world financial turmoil since 2007 - taking the P? To be fair I have reacted the same way to every other company who have tried to increase their prices in recent years - I shop around, look for better value or alternatives.

World Final was a one off, not shown live on TV and arguably the sport had bigger stars and following in the 80's. GP's are like a Circus, televised live and perhaps more of a show/event - but for me don't have the same sparkle of a one off Final.

I love the way the tickets are advertised with xx% saving on the previous years price - which had gone up by the same xx% the year before. Who are they trying to fool - saving my ar53!

My beef on prices isn't just the cheapest tickets, sat in the gods, are £29 but that all prices have increased to silly levels. I attended every Cardiff GP from 2002 to 2011 and initially sat lower tier near the starting gate (paying more than £29 a seat!) then moved to middle tier because of price hikes.

BSI have seen fit to increase prices in recent years despite world financial turmoil since 2007 - taking the P? To be fair I have reacted the same way to every other company who have tried to increase their prices in recent years - I shop around, look for better value or alternatives.

What do you think the price should be for the British GP ? baring in mind this years line up is the arguably the strongest ever, riding in one of Britains best stadia,with a roof,in a major city.

What do you think the price should be for the British GP ? baring in mind this years line up is the arguably the strongest ever, riding in one of Britains best stadia,with a roof,in a major city.

IMO the cheapest tickets should be £20 to £25 max with proportionate reductions on the higher value tickets. All BSI seem to have done is push fans in to the higher tiers with their price hikes, the result being more spaces at track/middle tier level than ever was the case!

Do BSI use the British GP to subsidise other GP events? Just a thought!

Do BSI use the British GP to subsidise other GP events?

I think BSI only promote the Copenhagen and Gothenburg GPs themselves in addition to the British GP. I think Cardiff is certainly their money spinner, although it would seem unlikely they'd want to subsidise loss-making events on a ongoing basis.

This said, it must be questionable whether Gothenburg makes any money these days.

THEY will also be promoting Stockholm this year and pretty well run the Italian GP as well.

Does 'pretty well run' apply to subsidising the event as well?