British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bolly

Plymouth V Rye House Friday 5th July

Shadders, he does sort of ride under an alias but int he UK - his name is Mikkel Beck Jensen but like yon Rye House geezer and a few Danes he amends it for his riding to Mikkel Beck ;)

He rides in Poland as well and on his Polish teams website there is a wee interview with him that indicates he hurt himself training. Rough translation (very rough!):-

On Wednesday, I had an accident during training and now have pain in my back and neck. On Friday I tried just a few laps to see how my body feels before Sunday's meeting (in Poland). On the track, I felt good, but it was difficult to ride as if I was completely healthy - he told us Mikkel B. Jensen

Its dated 7th July

Ahhh, well found Lioness, thank you. That explains it now. I presume medical clearance came through, otherwise we'd have heard something by now. As far as I can see he didn't race in Poland on Sunday either.

ps... the Rye House rider is Kasper Lykke Nielsen, but as in MIkkel B's case, he drops the last part and is just known as Kasper Lykke. I'm not sure why they do that. Something in the back of my mind tells me the latter name is from the maternal side, but they don't use it when over here.

Edited by Shadders