British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Pride Of The Midlands 21 July

any ideas volty how the team could be re-jigged to fit him back in.

any ideas volty how the team could be re-jigged to fit him back in.

I'm afraid i have no idea at all!!

Maybe if Nieminen is out for a period we could bring him in and the extra point and a half odd could be added to Edbergs average (again if he is out for a period) and we could bring in another middle order rider

say

Bjerre 7.38

Doolan 6.96

Karlsson 6.91

Darkin 6.53

a Boxall/Sanchez/Nedermark or someone similar upto 6.23

Graversen 5.49

Branford/Sergeant 3.00

not sure that would be the answer though!

Edited by volty

I went for my first speedway fix since the Somerset defeat. The racing was poor, with the only passing coming from clear mistakes or faulty machinery. Apart from the final, that is, which saw Hougaard work a pass on Lawson's inside on lap 1 back straight, but his speed and position going into turn three took him so wide Lawson couldn't fail to retake the lead. I estimated the crowd to be about 700. It may have been lower, but either way it must be concerning for Mr Hemsley, whose facial expressions are those of a man with worries.

I thought the track grading was done promptly, but the blue groove seems to be growing. The flow of the meeting was helped by a minimal number of re-runs. No lengthy delays.

I thought the interval singer was ok, a brave attempt to provide some different entertainment, but country rock may not be everyone's taste. I have developed a way of switching off when Popple starts his drivel, so I didn't catch his cock-ups this time.

Oh dear what a night.

A combination of factors that combined to produce a truly dreadful evening.

I'm sure popple said something like the rider in the blue gate helmet & mentioned the midland defense league. Which should have been the midland development league.

Oh boy, I won't even mention the racing.

Edited by nightshift

I did see a guy with a Rye House programme board on the first bend thinking i hope that's not shadders as that's a long way to go to watch this but seems it may well have been him .. unlucky! I was put out and i'd only travelled 2 miles.

Yes mate, that was me, next to the camera stand. Two more visits to Leicester with Rye & Berwick. Hope it's better racing for those, although I'd take another poor meeting in a couple of weeks if we take something away with us

• Like 1

The only way we can silence him is if he resigns.

He is like a bad skid mark on a toilet

You flush & you think its going to go ( we got rid of popple last year)

Then when the water goes away its still there just like Popple

Please can we silence Popple

Crowd was definitely below 500. I was having so much fun watching the racing I did a rough head count and I had it at around 480. I wonder what Sergei Darkin thought. last time he rode here I would say the crowd wouldn't have dipped below 2000 and that was only 2 years ago!

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

to be fair these sort of open meetings are never well supported at any track and with schools on the hols a few folk will know doubt be away as we are coming into peak holiday time.

just for you volty lol i am sure many stopped away because mk was not riding.

• Like 1

Crowd was definitely below 500. I was having so much fun watching the racing I did a rough head count and I had it at around 480. I wonder what Sergei Darkin thought. last time he rode here I would say the crowd wouldn't have dipped below 2000 and that was only 2 years ago!

The crowd was 600 plus. Fact, they were all counted in. Not the best night of speedway, not a good time of year, as Leicester school holidays started as of Friday, Lets be honest, and I do not mean to be disrespectful to any rider who attended, but it was not exactly a top class line up. How many fans from other clubs were really going to travel to support their riders? Especially after the total shambles and expense of the prem fours last weekend!! One idea would maybe turn it in to a competition for prem clubs No1s or at least heat leaders only? Difficult , I guess? But with a bit of thought about the date and timing of the meeting I am sure something could be done? I guess payment to riders may have a big bearing on who would take part though?

! One idea would maybe turn it in to a competition for prem clubs No1s or at least heat leaders only? Difficult , I guess? But with a bit of thought about the date and timing of the meeting I am sure something could be done? I guess payment to riders may have a big bearing on who would take part though?

That would be the PLRC then.

I'm amazed if the crowd was 600 plus. Maybe if you included children (there are probably 100 of those), some staff and pit crew maybe, or maybe counting the season ticket holders who couldn't be bothered (such as the wife; if magnus ain't riding she ain't going was what she told me ;) ).. but no way was I over 120 adults short of what was on the terraces and stands watching the speedway on sunday!!

Edited by volty

How many fans from other clubs were really going to travel to support their riders?

At least two

to be fair these sort of open meetings are never well supported at any track and with schools on the hols a few folk will know doubt be away as we are coming into peak holiday time.

just for you volty lol i am sure many stopped away because mk was not riding.

Surely this meeting would have been better attended if they had run it on one of the 2 weekends we had no speedway( last week in june & 1st week in july) & moved the flat track meeting to last weekend when the holiday season had begun as i don't think there was much interest in that anyway.I wonder if the promotion will consider the future of indiviual meetings like this,there is always lots of withdrawals & last week must have been a nightmare for them as riders kept pulling out.

I went to the Flat track meeting which I enjoyed except for the obligatory track grade after each two races. During one of these breaks I did a rough count. There were only a few people in the stands and the other parts of the stadium seemed very sparsely populated but I counted between 220 and 250 people. Someone said, I think, there was only about 500 for the Somerset match and the stadium was quite well populated with the stands almost full. Numbers can be deceiving in this or any other stadium.

Incidently, There was more passing in the Flat track meeting than we have seen in the speedway all season.