British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester Lions V Sheffield Tigers 27/07/13. 7.30 Pm

The weather forecast is horrible.

What do you expect them to do, perhaps you might prefer it to get to 8 heats and abandoned with no refund.

A bit of slack needed here I think.

Edited by nightshift
  • Like 1

Does this mean our 1-7 now comes in to play so Andre can ride?

Looks like a great decision. 7.50pm & rain is bouncing of the pavements & just starting thundering & lightening.

Looks like a great decision. 7.50pm & rain is bouncing of the pavements & just starting thundering & lightening.

i agree right call its proper hammering it down now good job no one takes notice of the likes of volty who is so full of 5h1t and seems so intent on wanting to cause trouble,is that right mick?

I have to say it's looking a ridiculous decision.

just to pre-empt the embarrassment, I admit it was maybe not that ridiculous :oops:

but still stand by the fact that just because the decision ended up being the correct decision, calling off meetings on the chance that it might rain later on does nobody any favours at all.

just to pre-empt the embarrassment, I admit it was maybe not that ridiculous :oops:

but still stand by the fact that just because the decision ended up being the correct decision, calling off meetings on the chance that it might rain later on does nobody any favours at all.

Apart from all those people who didn't end up traveling for a rain off?

i agree right call its proper hammering it down now good job no one takes notice of the likes of volty who is so full of 5h1t and seems so intent on wanting to cause trouble,is that right mick?

A post just made to be liked by Long Eye and Mrcts! beautiful.

your probably right though, most people who agree with my 'trouble causing' views stopped having any interest in Leicester Speedway a long time ago. Just the hardcore left telling everyone that its all ok. I guess you only have to put up with me for another couple of months and then you and the other 600-700 Leicester Lions fans that are left can get on with enjoying your Beaumont Park experience without putting up with my constant ramblings as i join the other 2000 odd Leicester speedway fans who have stopped giving a 5h1t about the sport in just over 2 years.

Apart from all those people who didn't end up traveling for a rain off?

Fair enough comment, i'm not say there are no losers but these things happen sometimes. By the same token, you could say by rearranging the meeting for the next day there will probably be plenty of people who have already made arrangements for that day that they can't get out of at such short notice and who have already paid for the meeting by virtue of having a season ticket. Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by volty

We made the early call to rain off as we have weatherman who in 3 years hasn't got it wrong.

And again he was spot on. It was very hot day and I have to admit at 5.30 I was wondering.but at 6.30 it started and now at 9 it's been bouncing down for the last hour and half. So as bonjovi says keep the faith

A post just made to be liked by Long Eye and Mrcts! beautiful.

your probably right though, most people who agree with my 'trouble causing' views stopped having any interest in Leicester Speedway a long time ago. Just the hardcore left telling everyone that its all ok. I guess you only have to put up with me for another couple of months and then you and the other 600-700 Leicester Lions fans that are left can get on with enjoying your Beaumont Park experience without putting up with my constant ramblings.

Maybe that will see the crowds flock back

Fair enough comment, i'm not say there are no losers but these things happen sometimes. By the same token, you could say by rearranging the meeting for the next day there will probably be plenty of people who have already made arrangements for that day that they can't get out of at such short notice and who have already paid for the meeting by virtue of having a season ticket. Swings and roundabouts.

Whatever the situation with the match there would be people put out/inconvenienced. Also where do you get the idea that there are only 600-700 punters there on average. I can assure you it is a lot higher than that.

We made the early call to rain off as we have weatherman who in 3 years hasn't got it wrong.

And again he was spot on. It was very hot day and I have to admit at 5.30 I was wondering.but at 6.30 it started and now at 9 it's been bouncing down for the last hour and half. So as bonjovi says keep the faith

good call glyn and fair play to you,you have saved a lot of people money and time,just wish others clubs were as much on the ball as you.

• Like 1

Whatever the situation with the match there would be people put out/inconvenienced. Also where do you get the idea that there are only 600-700 punters there on average. I can assure you it is a lot higher than that.

I don't 'get' the idea that there are only 600-700 punters on average. You see, i actually did a bit of 'thinking' and i came to the conclusion that of the 800-1000 punters that currently go, coupled with the level of drop off that has happened since speedway reappeared at Leicester less than 3 years ago, then unless changes are made at so many levels i expect you'll be enjoying your speedway next year with the 600-700 regulars happy with the fare on offer (to tell you the truth if i was actually being negative i'd have said that's my actual belief is that 600-700 would have been the high end of my guesstimate and that is if there is a next year if the current promotion are still in charge).

I don't 'get' the idea that there are only 600-700 punters on average. You see, i actually did a bit of 'thinking' and i came to the conclusion that of the 800-1000 punters that currently go, coupled with the level of drop off that has happened since speedway reappeared at Leicester less than 3 years ago, then unless changes are made at so many levels i expect you'll be enjoying your speedway next year with the 600-700 regulars happy with the fare on offer (to tell you the truth if i was actually being negative i'd have said that's my actual belief is that 600-700 would have been the high end of my guesstimate and that is if there is a next year if the current promotion are still in charge).

600-700 some elite league clubs would be more than happy with that turnout,have you been to some prem tracks this year and seen the support? 200-300 at best.

I tend to agree if the probability of disruptive rain is low, but in this instance every forecast of very heavy rain was correct. Where it's as certain as that, I'd say calling it off early is the only option.