British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Kent Kings V Dudley Heathens 26th Aug **3pm Start**

The big test for Kent Kings. Morale is good - they could upset the Heathens. :shock:

NOTE: Because of the Bank Holiday, this meeting has a 3pm start.

Edited by Guest

The big test for Kent Kings. Morale is good - they could upset the Heathens. :shock:

Yes, its not beyond the realms of possibilities, after all Im thinking every Team will be trying that much harder to gain The scalp of The Heathens, so far unbeaten in the League, i cant really see anyone pushing us at Monmore Wood, but away we still have to ride at KL, Mildenhall, Buxton, Coventry, and Kent, There are some pretty tough meetings in there, beginning on Sunday at Buxton, who will again be looking to lower our colours, as they did in the second leg of the KO Cup, this is followed on Monday by our trip down to Central Park, and looking at the Kings result against Stoke, we need to be at our best when it comes to gating if we are to get anything out of this, If Kent promote this meeting, it should be a good crowd, I was surprised and a little dissapointed to see there was NOT enough interest to book a Coach from Heathen land, but Im pretty sure, there will be a good turnout of Heathens fans, and a fair few neutrals supporting the underdogs, with the prospect of some good racing. Stevie B will be looking to go unbeaten, Benji, Ben and David will be looking for double figure scores, Jack & Connor will both be looking to maintain there recent improvement, and Adam will be trying to rediscover his early season form. For us Heathens Blackie will be trying to justify his promotion to No1, Starkie & Ash will be trying to maintain there averages, hopefully Ishy will be fit, Dan the man, will be all out to show his improved showing against Stoke was not a flash in the pan, and the two young guys down at reserve will be all out to show why some rate them as the best PAIR of young reserves in the League. Max Clegg very much reminds me of a young Jan O Pederson, and his gating is sometimes Jan O style :wink: but he looks so comfortable on a bike, and when he does gate, he is quick. Nathan found his early season gating form at the IOW, and really backed up the big guns when Ash, Ishy and Cleggy were out injured.

Edited by greyhoundp

NOT a 6.30pm start...!

This coming Monday is a Bank Holiday so start time is 3pm.

This has clearly been shown on our website and in the programme from day one!

Can you get this amended gustix (via a Mod if necessary) as the last thing we need is people arriving late to find it's all over!!

NOT a 6.30pm start...!

This coming Monday is a Bank Holiday so start time is 3pm.

This has clearly been shown on our website and in the programme from day one!

Can you get this amended gustix (via a Mod if necessary) as the last thing we need is people arriving late to find it's all over!!

My sincere apologies for giving the incorrect time. I have just contacted a Mod to ask for an amendment to be made.

Who are the Heathebs ? :blink:

Its Yam Yam spelling for Heathens AJ :wink: or perhaps dear old gustix pressed the key next to N :lol: he didnt have his glasses on.

Its Yam Yam spelling for Heathens AJ :wink: or perhaps dear old gustix pressed the key next to N :lol: he didnt have his glasses on.

:t::rofl:

Who are the Heathebs ? :blink:

It's the old Anglo-Saxon spelling!!! :wink:

All very slipshod on my part. All as mentioned reported to a Mod - awaiting the corrections to be made. :oops:

It does look as though some sort of correction has been made - no amendment to Heathebs-come-Heathens and the time seems to have been taken down. I'll go back again to a Mod.

Edited by Guest

No fear Gustix! The Heathens will be there on the track and in the stands! Hope my adopted county cannot stand an Heathens onslaught. 'Ommer 'Um Heathens or as I used to say in my long stay in Maidstone & Gillingham....Hammer the opposition my Heathens! Hope all the riders stay safe and I will be watching from the Black country via the Internet!

NOTE: Because of the Bank Holiday, this meeting has a 3pm start.

All very slipshod on my part. All as mentioned reported to a Mod - awaiting the corrections to be made. :oops:

It does look as though some sort of correction has been made - no amendment to Heathebs-come-Heathens and the time seems to have been taken down. I'll go back again to a Mod.

No fear Gustix! The Heathens will be there on the track and in the stands! Hope my adopted county cannot stand an Heathens onslaught. 'Ommer 'Um Heathens or as I used to say in my long stay in Maidstone & Gillingham....Hammer the opposition my Heathens! Hope all the riders stay safe and I will be watching from the Black country via the Internet!

Just in case the Bank Holiday Monday start time of 3pm does not appear in the main heading to the thread, I have quoted my original Post.

Edited by Guest

Looking forward to some good racing on Monday. The odds must still favour the Heathens but the Kings are no longer the pushovers they were in the early part of the season. They no longer have to rely on enthusiasm alone, they've improved no end. C'mon The Kings!!!

Yes, its not beyond the realms of possibilities, after all Im thinking every Team will be trying that much harder to gain The scalp of The Heathens, so far unbeaten in the League, i cant really see anyone pushing us at Monmore Wood, but away we still have to ride at KL, Mildenhall, Buxton, Coventry, and Kent, There are some pretty tough meetings in there, beginning on Sunday at Buxton, who will again be looking to lower our colours, as they did in the second leg of the KO Cup, this is followed on Monday by our trip down to Central Park, and looking at the Kings result against Stoke, we need to be at our best when it comes to gating if we are to get anything out of this, If Kent promote this meeting, it should be a good crowd, I was surprised and a little dissapointed to see there was NOT enough interest to book a Coach from Heathen land, but Im pretty sure, there will be a good turnout of Heathens fans, and a fair few neutrals supporting the underdogs, with the prospect of some good racing. Stevie B will be looking to go unbeaten, Benji, Ben and David will be looking for double figure scores, Jack & Connor will both be looking to maintain there recent improvement, and Adam will be trying to rediscover his early season form. For us Heathens Blackie will be trying to justify his promotion to No1, Starkie & Ash will be trying to maintain there averages, hopefully Ishy will be fit, Dan the man, will be all out to show his improved showing against Stoke was not a flash in the pan, and the two young guys down at reserve will be all out to show why some rate them as the best PAIR of young reserves in the League. Max Clegg very much reminds me of a young Jan O Pederson, and his gating is sometimes Jan O style :wink: but he looks so comfortable on a bike, and when he does gate, he is quick. Nathan found his early season gating form at the IOW, and really backed up the big guns when Ash, Ishy and Cleggy were out injured.

Think Lewis will be otherwise engaged riding for Scunthorpe.