British Speedway Forum
skoobie

Workington 2014

It has been said that Kenny Ingalls is hoping to be fit for next season and is also hoping to ride for the Comets. If he is fit he'd probably be given a go, I think so anyway.

That would be some risk that, Kenny wasn't riding particularly well when he got clattered!! When we get to the tapes in 2014, :D reduced average team etc, carrying potential passengers would not be high on my "to do" list? :o see your point tho. ;)

The alternative to points reduction of course is the restructuring of the leagues that could see us in the top league, bet you would still come then Skoobie! It's all ifs and buts at the moment but it would be surprising to see all the investment into an air fence and then serve up an inferior product

The alternative to points reduction of course is the restructuring of the leagues that could see us in the top league, bet you would still come then Skoobie! It's all ifs and buts at the moment but it would be surprising to see all the investment into an air fence and then serve up an inferior product

Cant understand how a restructuring of the leagues would save money which appears to be the primary reason for all this kerfuffle? If any PL sides were drafted into a reformed Elite Lg, then will those sides need to employ GP riders in order to compete or would the GP riders be excluded from the UK altogether? Who makes the decision on who is in and who isn't, weekend meetings would be a no no as many top riders are in Europe, would crowds be any better midweek, would it cost more to watch to pay for these guys, who knows but whatever is the idea for 2014 its gonna take a bit of sorting out!! :blink:. As for the safety fence issue, I would think that as teams "have" to have one in order to run anyway, quite a few products will be watered down no matter what, nature of this beast!! ;)

I think leagues will only restructure if Sky go, the top earning riders will also go and we will go from there. Just my opinion. And I agree some products will be watered down from those who are struggling to make ends meet but those with decent backing should be able to serve up the same if not better. Worst case scenario, we buy an air fence, Sky pull the money, league restructures and we end up in a lower standard league with fewer coming through the gates and it shuts soon after

I think leagues will only restructure if Sky go, the top earning riders will also go and we will go from there. Just my opinion. And I agree some products will be watered down from those who are struggling to make ends meet but those with decent backing should be able to serve up the same if not better. Worst case scenario, we buy an air fence, Sky pull the money, league restructures and we end up in a lower standard league with fewer coming through the gates and it shuts soon after

Cant argue with the last bit django, an expensive fence required, an expensive white elephant if it all goes wrong!! :cry:. Shares in the Air Fence companies anyone?? ;)

I wonder what would happen if the elite league and premier league became on league and the national league remained the same.how many riders would be out of a job how many Grand Prix riders would have team places..(strange what comes to you in dreams)

I wonder what would happen if the elite league and premier league became on league and the national league remained the same.how many riders would be out of a job how many Grand Prix riders would have team places..(strange what comes to you in dreams)

Probably the same as happened in 1995. Some current PL teams would withdraw (close) as they simply can't afford the one 'star' name (EL rider and therefore number one in the new league) and dropping down to NL as non-economical.

Edited by The Abbott

as i see it.all tracks in the uk (not sure about the nl) have to have an air/poly fence in place for the 2014. season.. .to me , it looks like there will be one big league (EL/PREM) together. the idea of the two leagues having to have the fence thing is because all the gp/elite riders will not race at a track where there is NO air/poly fence in place. maybe the league will be split into two mini leagues when teams have rode a set number of meeting. BUT there will NOT be enough riders of a certain standard to go around.far too many r/r and guests a.t.m.... riders will only be able to ride for one team in the uk.. so looks like the speedway game is on a sticky wicket.

Django, as you say Richard has moved south, so it would be impossible to work with his Dad but I don't see how that would stop him coming to Glasgow. :t::cheers:

as i see it.all tracks in the uk (not sure about the nl) have to have an air/poly fence in place for the 2014. season.. .to me , it looks like there will be one big league (EL/PREM) together. the idea of the two leagues having to have the fence thing is because all the gp/elite riders will not race at a track where there is NO air/poly fence in place. maybe the league will be split into two mini leagues when teams have rode a set number of meeting. BUT there will NOT be enough riders of a certain standard to go around.far too many r/r and guests a.t.m.... riders will only be able to ride for one team in the uk.. so looks like the speedway game is on a sticky wicket.

It's all tracks inc NL for the Air/Poly Fence for 2014.

and the bspa take another big slice of the pie.

I dont really know much but how about

1. Richard Lawson 8.42

2. Mason Campton 4.69

3. Kyle Howarth 6.86

4. Rusty Harrison 6.72

5. Mickey Dyer 7.58

6. Ashley Morris 3.66

7. Charles Wright 4.05

I dont really know much but how about

1. Richard Lawson 8.42

2. Mason Campton 4.69

3. Kyle Howarth 6.86

4. Rusty Harrison 6.72

5. Mickey Dyer 7.58

6. Ashley Morris 3.66

7. Charles Wright 4.05

One Ht Leader, two middle order men and four reserves, hope that's not a portent for next year's team make up? :D

One Ht Leader, two middle order men and four reserves, hope that's not a portent for next year's team make up? :D

4 RESERVES?

Fine then how about

1. Richard Lawson 8.42

2. 5.48

3. Kyle Howarth 6.86

4. Tero Aarnio 5.66

5. Rene Bach 7.96

6. Chris Schramm 3.43

7. Mason Campton 4.69