British Speedway Forum

Hopefully Douglas won't be having visa difficulties. If he isn't available to ride, then who would be available to replace him?

This is just my view on things but Ryan was signed pre AGM so he knew where he was working in 2014 prior to his '13 visa expiring. I would tend to believe Rob's view in that everything was sorted before he went back home. This year, many riders did not know they had a place until post AGM which meant their visa's ran out before they re-applied & went home. A similar situation to Masters & i think the other was going to ride for Glasgow last year.

This is just my view on things but Ryan was signed pre AGM so he knew where he was working in 2014 prior to his '13 visa expiring. I would tend to believe Rob's view in that everything was sorted before he went back home. This year, many riders did not know they had a place until post AGM which meant their visa's ran out before they re-applied & went home. A similar situation to Masters & i think the other was going to ride for Glasgow last year.

Didnt Len Silver say something very similar about Nelson?

Thought all the paperwork was in place before Nelson left only to find out it had all gone pear shaped after all.

FWIW Id like to see it sorted and all the visas issued but unfotunately doesnt look likely.

In the speedway star today it says the Ryan's visa has been refused. Devastating news!

that simply isnt true...i know that for a fact.... total sh y te....

Didnt Len Silver say something very similar about Nelson?

Thought all the paperwork was in place before Nelson left only to find out it had all gone pear shaped after all.

FWIW Id like to see it sorted and all the visas issued but unfotunately doesnt look likely.

Nelsons refusal is totally different to Ryan Douglas....and the rest struggling to get clearance... Edited by montie

that simply isnt true...i know that for a fact.... total sh y te....

Nelsons refusal is totally different to Ryan Douglas....and the rest struggling to get clearance...

I wish I shared your bullishness. Everyone seems confident that they have their visa until they're told that they haven't got it !

Rob's comment's reassure to some extent and tbh with a deal tied up so early I can't honestly believe that the all essential visa has been over-looked? In fact I'm certain that Moorwell has already "tweeted" a while back, bemoaning the filling of work permit applications? So visa's have definitely been top of the agenda at some point? If it does though turn out that we've been caught slacking on this then apart from seeming very un-Moorwell-like? It's also a real game changer for us. There's no doubt 2014 Aussie U21 runner-up Ryan is a genuine gilt-edged prospect and his points scoring potential is darn near irreplaceable in the new Scorps septet. It would be a massive blow to miss out not only for Ryan but also the for club and supporters all eagerly anticipating the new season and witnessing the next stage of Ryan exciting speedway development. If the necessary visa is in place then club need to promptly make an official statement to such effect. Should it turn out that the visa issue is real then unfortunately I little faith in achieving a favorable outcome from the UK Border Office and basically that's the season screwed for us all. :mad:

Rob's comment's reassure to some extent and tbh with a deal tied up so early I can't honestly believe that the all essential visa has been over-looked? In fact I'm certain that Moorwell has already "tweeted" a while back, bemoaning the filling of work permit applications? So visa's have definitely been top of the agenda at some point? If it does though turn out that we've been caught slacking on this then apart from seeming very un-Moorwell-like? It's also a real game changer for us. There's no doubt 2014 Aussie U21 runner-up Ryan is a genuine gilt-edged prospect and his points scoring potential is darn near irreplaceable in the new Scorps septet. It would be a massive blow to miss out not only for Ryan but also the for club and supporters all eagerly anticipating the new season and witnessing the next stage of Ryan exciting speedway development. If the necessary visa is in place then club need to promptly make an official statement to such effect. Should it turn out that the visa issue is real then unfortunately I little faith in achieving a favorable outcome from the UK Border Office and basically that's the season screwed for us all. :mad:

mmmmm

I wish I shared your bullishness. Everyone seems confident that they have their visa until they're told that they haven't got it !

Maybe so i was just confirming that the information the Ryan had been refused is not true,nor is it fair to blame the riders i dont think as most have gone down the same route as before with Tiers 2 visas

When Ryan left for Aussie back in the Autumn he had all the correct paper work etc need[as i believe did the others] it is the wording of a certain paragraph on the requirements that has caught them out,Ryan inculded,but as of now Ryan hasnt actually been refused

• Like 1

Rob's comment's reassure to some extent and tbh with a deal tied up so early I can't honestly believe that the all essential visa has been over-looked? In fact I'm certain that Moorwell has already "tweeted" a while back, bemoaning the filling of work permit applications? So visa's have definitely been top of the agenda at some point? If it does though turn out that we've been caught slacking on this then apart from seeming very un-Moorwell-like? It's also a real game changer for us. There's no doubt 2014 Aussie U21 runner-up Ryan is a genuine gilt-edged prospect and his points scoring potential is darn near irreplaceable in the new Scorps septet. It would be a massive blow to miss out not only for Ryan but also the for club and supporters all eagerly anticipating the new season and witnessing the next stage of Ryan exciting speedway development. If the necessary visa is in place then club need to promptly make an official statement to such effect. Should it turn out that the visa issue is real then unfortunately I little faith in achieving a favorable outcome from the UK Border Office and basically that's the season screwed for us all.

The season screwed is probably going a bit OTT, but it certainly 'takes away' an element that many would be relishing if Ryan is denied a return. I cannot possibly see a situation where Rob would have let this slip under the radar. I see a quote on twitter from 'Scunthorpe Speedway' suggesting it was someone in 'the comic'. Its a concern that the 'someone' happens to be Alex Harkness Chair of the BSPA and he's quite definite about who is involved and how 'everyone' was warned to make sure that visa's were sorted. Personally I am remaining 'optimistic' that sense will prevail but where did the Border Agency ever demonstrate common sense?. If Ryan is left stranded its a shame we lost Lewis Blackbird and even MPT (who would still be a great asset at reserve) has linked up with EL Belle Vue or could he simply double up. But we have to hope all's well that ends Moor-well or something like that.

From Scunthorpe twitter,

'Great news. Speedway star said different!" you mean someone in the comic said different!!;-)'

Sounds like all is good but I can't understand how Alex Harkness can get it wrong.

Reading the Star this week; it does seem that Ryan is one of the riders with a visa problem; and Rob seems to be relying on the wheels of the BSPA to move into action. Judging by the 'better news' coming out that Jason Doyle may get in on a tier 5 visa there is reason to be optimistic for Ryan.

Rob seems to have stepped back from his stance that including Ryan as one of 'the 5' visa less rider was 'just someone in the comic'. So all things being equal; Ryan hopefully gets in; like Doyley on a tier 5 visa, that only allows him to ride for his 'sponsor club' Scunthorpe. So no doubling up, no guest meetings, and no individual meetings. That might not be a bad thing in end, as he will putting everything 100% into Scunny, reducing wear and tear on man and machine. Heres hoping for some definite confirmation soon.

I posted what I thought was an approvable post on the Aussie Visa situation and how it affects Ryan. Why every time I try to post on here do I need to get 1 more approved post before I can post. Never said anything inappropriate nor would I so moderator if you could approve this know why its harder to post on here than break into Fort Knox; it would be appreciated. Up the Scorps !

if you read the bit you agree to when you sign up (!!) it states your initial posts will be subject to mod approval. There is no guarantee someone will be able to approve your post right away!

unfortunately this was made necessary by the forum being abused by a minority signing up with multiple identities to cause trouble or on occassion spammers trying to post ads for their 'services' (in fact there was one of those last week). They seldom come back if their initial post or posts aren't cleared and it allows Phil to delete spammers or multiple IDs without them being able to show and perhaps offend. its not fail safe but it has made a massive difference and although it affects the majority of decent folks who sign up it is unfortunately a necessary evil.

looking at your stats you arent on mod approval anymore now so you should have started to notice a difference

hope that explains it

• Like 1