British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ChubbyChesgire

Have Stoke Gone Bump ?

The Stoke website has been suspended since Friday, and there have been no explanations on Facebook or Twitter (although neither DT nor Mal go on there, there are a few club officials who do, so could pass on a message) - a bit concerning :cry:

The Stoke website has been suspended since Friday, and there have been no explanations on Facebook or Twitter (although neither DT nor Mal go on there, there are a few club officials who do, so could pass on a message) - a bit concerning :cry:

Any fears in regard to spectator attendance at meetings? How do they compare with those of the other motorsport tenants at the stadium?

Any fears in regard to spectator attendance at meetings? How do they compare with those of the other motorsport tenants at the stadium?

Numbers have been low this year - the poor performances earlier in the year not helping and no doubt last years bad weather and on/off performances, may have led to some supporters finding other things to do.

I've only been to the stox once, right at the start back in 2011, the crowd was quite big, much bigger than the speedway, don't know if they maintained that.

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

I doubt Stoke have gone bump, Tatum basically runs the Stadium, i really feel maybe Stoke is not a sleeping giant, but could and indeed should be doing better, a bit of money spent on tarting the place up a bit, improving the presentation, and making the spectators feel wanted could help make Stoke Speedway a better place to visit. It hasnt helped with the Team doing so badly on Track, they really cant go any lower, after all they are now bottom of the NL. It really will only take a Coat of paint, brightening up the Bar area, asking the staff to have a smile on there face when serving, getting spectators involved via the centre green presenter, and YES get a competitive Team on Track, Im sure many of the lost fans would return.

I couldnt see Stoke having this bad a season prior to the season starting, and obviously we can all be wise after the event, the gamble with Smartie returning as No1 didnt come off, No one could forsee Ben Reade getting a long term injury, The decision not to resign Liam Carr was a mystery to almost everyone, a couple of plus points were the improvement from Lee Payne, the signing of Steve Worral, and the improvement from Luke Chessell prior to his latest injury, they are plusses in what has been a bad, bad season for The Potters Team. It wont take to a drastic change to get this team up the League table, its the OFF Track decisions that need to be worked on. Speedway without Stoke will be a poorer place.

• Like 2

It really will only take a Coat of paint, brightening up the Bar area, asking the staff to have a smile on there face when serving,

Oh yes, I don't think the decor has been touched since it opened 40 years ago ! A smile....I think we're hoping a bit much there !

getting spectators involved via the centre green presenter

Of course we had DJ Bart for the start of last year and that was really good - sadly due to all the rain offs followed by poor crowds DT decided to stop that. Hopefully we will see Chris back again next year.

and YES get a competitive Team on Track,

The most important thing - a lot pulled out when we dropped to NL, but with the success we had in that first year, the crowd grew, but then the last two years have been painful, losing badly at home on too many occasions does not encourage you to drop everything to watch speedway.

• Like 1