British Speedway Forum

Sheffield For Sale

I've got one of my wishes for 2014. No Wells at Owlerton.

Just waiting for confirmation of the Tigers coming back and I'll have the double.

So you're glad to see the back of our best rider last season are you......words fail me.

• Like 1

So you're glad to see the back of our best rider last season are you......words fail me.

Agree, Ricky was the only reason to follow the Tigers on the road last year he single-handedly saved us from total embarrassment on the road. After a rocky first season with the Tigers he was brilliant in 2013.

Good luck to Ricky in 2014, Worky have made a great signing!!!

• Like 1

Agree, Ricky was the only reason to follow the Tigers on the road last year he single-handedly saved us from total embarrassment on the road. After a rocky first season with the Tigers he was brilliant in 2013.

Good luck to Ricky in 2014, Worky have made a great signing!!!

I think that Ricky was the Marmite Kid at Sheffield, fans either loved him or were not keen.

The problem was that most did not see his true value to the team as most of his best performances were away from Owlerton and most fans odn't travel away.

I am personally sorry to see the fella go, and wish him well for the future.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 2

I think that Ricky was the Marmite Kid at Sheffield, fans either loved him or were not keen.

The problem was that most did not see his true value to the team as most of his best performances were away from Owlerton and most fans odn't travel away.

I am personally sorry to see the fella go, and wish him well for the future.

Agreed, Ricky Wells was steady at home and put in a good return most weeks but his real value to team was away from home ! I think a lot of fans were after a scapegoat and Ricky was it, when really it was the other riders actually letting us down plus Injuries hurting us.

Good luck to Ricky Wells at Workington who have a good side signed up.

Hopefully this week we get the news we want so we can crack on signing a team up which will get harder and harder the longer sale goes on.

Edited by AndyK

It's my opinion. If you have a different one, then fair enough.

He scored some points away last year and was much improved, but his first season at Owlerton when he was moping about the pits with a long face in his Wolves kevlars, not looking like he was interested in riding for us, made it difficult for me to be won round. He didn't quite manage it and I'm not all that bothered he has gone to Workington.

It's my opinion. If you have a different one, then fair enough.

He scored some points away last year and was much improved, but his first season at Owlerton when he was moping about the pits with a long face in his Wolves kevlars, not looking like he was interested in riding for us, made it difficult for me to be won round. He didn't quite manage it and I'm not all that bothered he has gone to Workington.

And to be fair there is a lot of Sheffield fans who felt the same way as you did about Ricky.

But unfortunately the chemistry between rider and fans just did not seem to work out for one reason or another.

back on subject

im not a supotor of sheffield but just like all the ones who are i think its about time something was offical

surely there will be speedway there next year as it must have been declared at the agm otherwise there would be a similar atatement to the 1 for the peterborough and also if you look on the bspa website under elite section they have been removed but sheffield are still listed on the prem section someone somewhere knows whats going on

One thing did occur to me : You'd think that Lawson would only turn down Workington if he had somewhere else that was reasonably concrete to go.

Doesn't he live in Chesterfield ?

does he ??? i know andre does but not seen/heard of lawson around

Richie Lawson does live in Chesterfield now, not so sure that he lives with Andre I have a feeling that him and his partner might have a place of their own down there.

AS for Tony Mole taking over, it was stated that early on that he was not interested after the Bradford venture went cold, but it might have been a case of he was looking to see what happened at Birmingham. Not entirely sure how I feel about him coming in as he tends not to stick around too long before putting clubs back up for sale so it would probably not be a long term investment if Tony comes in.

In saying that some speedway is better that no speedway, and if he can come in and stabilize the club and successfully sell the club on then I would be happy with that.

Richie Lawson does live in Chesterfield now, not so sure that he lives with Andre I have a feeling that him and his partner might have a place of their own down there.

AS for Tony Mole taking over, it was stated that early on that he was not interested after the Bradford venture went cold, but it might have been a case of he was looking to see what happened at Birmingham. Not entirely sure how I feel about him coming in as he tends not to stick around too long before putting clubs back up for sale so it would probably not be a long term investment if Tony comes in.

In saying that some speedway is better that no speedway, and if he can come in and stabilize the club and successfully sell the club on then I would be happy with that.

tony mole dosnt like seeing speedway clubs lost to the sport so lets just wait and see what happens