British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

Just to clarify, I've no gripe with Cov and believe they are just cost cutting and cutting their cloth accordingly.

I'd like to thank everyone at Coventry Speedway for all the good times over the last 8 years. Especially Mr Sandhu, Colin Pratt, Jeremy Heaver, Alun Rossiter, Mick Horton, Neil Watson, Blayne Scroggins and Laurence Rogers.

Me and Rich have made a lot of great friends with the Bees and will miss Friday nights there. I've thoroughly enjoyed doing the jingles/music and then the Centre Green this year with the Storm although I'd always fancied doing an Elite League Match but that hasn't happened.

I've so many great memories like winning the league at Belle Vue and I wish the Bees all the best for the future and hope the good times return with a massive buzz.

Overall Sept/Oct have been pretty crappy months for me.

Chris - you were a breath of fresh air at the Storm meetings and any interviews you did were on the money.

Hope somebody sees the light and not too long before you back.

Good luck and all the best

Edited by markyb
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, I've no gripe with Cov and believe they are just cost cutting and cutting their cloth accordingly.

I'd like to thank everyone at Coventry Speedway for all the good times over the last 8 years. Especially Mr Sandhu, Colin Pratt, Jeremy Heaver, Alun Rossiter, Mick Horton, Neil Watson, Blayne Scroggins and Laurence Rogers.

Me and Rich have made a lot of great friends with the Bees and will miss Friday nights there. I've thoroughly enjoyed doing the jingles/music and then the Centre Green this year with the Storm although I'd always fancied doing an Elite League Match but that hasn't happened.

I've so many great memories like winning the league at Belle Vue and I wish the Bees all the best for the future and hope the good times return with a massive buzz.

Obviously we have to accept your explanation Chris. What a shame one of the more up to date and better parts of the presentation is axed. Hmmmmmmm :blink:

• Like 3

I wonder how much more cost cutting Coventry can do? Maybe Horton himself can run the meetings from home via Skype and save petrol ?

To be fair every club will be cost cutting this winter, 100,000 quid less in the coffers next season it seems. Peter York must be work for free! Hoping Horton has something up his sleeve like a link up with a radio station or something like that.

Prior to typing this , the thread isn't even on the first page. We are so irrelevant now even we are not interested in ourselves! Anyway how about Zagar, Harris, Zengota, Fisher, Summers, Milik (fantastic results in FIM events and still possibly on 4.00) and a sub 4.00 pointer at 7 (Eg Garrity). Would like Shamek but unrealistic. Based on lower points limit than present. Team manager Tatum, failing that Morris if available, Loram OR maybe Will Pottinger given how Dudley (and I know it's the third tier) have done or if he can fit it in Jan O. Pedersen.

With what Zagar is rumoured to have been guarenteed at Belle Vue this year..... no thanks.

It has nothing to do with Horton and Co. more to do with the fact he stood up for speedway and spoke out against bspa.

He has a court apperance soon so may also affect him place at Brum also.

I really like Chris and hope things work out well for him. X

Behind the times on this one, what did he say against the BSPA, and is the court appearance related? I am on record as saying they should have been the only presentation used at Brandon, they are by far and away the best at it.

• Like 2

Couldn't have put it better bro. Up the Bees for 2014, it can't be a worse year surely.....

With what Zagar is rumoured to have been guarenteed at Belle Vue this year..... no thanks.

Behind the times on this one, what did he say against the BSPA, and is the court appearance related? I am on record as saying they should have been the only presentation used at Brandon, they are by far and away the best at it.

One step forward, five steps back!

Couldn't have put it better bro. Up the Bees for 2014, it can't be a worse year surely.....

I'm sure what they've been paying you, will now afford us the likes of a Chris Holder... :neutral::D

• Like 2

One step forward, five steps back!

I'm sure what they've been paying you, will now afford us the likes of a Chris Holder... :neutral::D

More likely to get Noddy Holder the way Cov seem to be heading.

Every other side will be cutting back not just Coventry. We just did it a year early!

I think summers could do with a season away which I think would make him a better rider IMO I also hope that the nl team will run they brought some good young riders on.

I can't make my mind up with Aaron, he can be brilliant at Brandon but shocking away, needs a little more consistancy I think.

• Like 1

More likely to get Noddy Holder the way Cov seem to be heading.

Not really sure why a Birmingham fan is making quips about Coventry's financial stability... :neutral:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 5

I wonder how much more cost cutting Coventry can do? Maybe Horton himself can run the meetings from home via Skype and save petrol ?

Why doesn't Horton take one last huge swing and cut himself right out of Coventry speedway, in fact out of speedway full stop....???????

• Like 1

He put on a good meeting tonight.

Good to see Zengota named "bees rider of the year" tonight

Brandon will host the christmas cracker meeting on 29th Dec 2013

• Like 3

He put on a good meeting tonight.

Good to see Zengota named "bees rider of the year" tonight

Brandon will host the christmas cracker meeting on 29th Dec 2013

Fantastic news that is. Looking forward to it already.

Couldn't make it tonight due to work but I hear Hansen was impressive against decent opposition. Worth a place next year? I was hoping we signed him during the season.

• Like 3

Not really sure why a Birmingham fan is making quips about Coventry's financial stability... :neutral:

Probably because he has an opinion and this is a discussion forum? :rolleyes:

I think you'll find most clubs have financial issues so there isn't any moral high ground!

Why doesn't Horton take one last huge swing and cut himself right out of Coventry speedway, in fact out of speedway full stop....???????

Be careful what you write or esle all of Covs problems will be on your shoulders Hortons Disciples will see to that