British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

That's a fair point, and one the constant snipers of Mick Horton would be wise to remember. They should be careful what they wish for.

Of course we have no idea if, should Mick decide enough is enough, another buyer for Coventry could be found.

However, all I can say on the matter is that if I had the money I for one would not invest it in speedway. The sport in this country is on its backside and an absolute shambles at the moment. That's not just at Elite League level either.

If Mick did walk away I would not be surprised if there was no other knight in shining armour available to take his place.

• Like 2

Harris, Zengotta, Sundstrom, Barker, Larsen, Hansen, (Whats Left) ...... solid, especially around Brandon and also not the most expensive line up ever, and you have riders who give 100% and also have Hansen starting at reserve, which will give you a super start to the season, and always a strong reserve for the rest of the season.

• Like 3

Well last official average was 5.83 I think, but hasn't rode in the UK for a while, so COULD get reassessed, throw a bit of money at right people, and he will be dropped to a 5.00 average I'd say, even a 5.50, its a bargain, especially for the start to the season you'll get.

Harris, Zengotta, Sundstrom, Barker, Larsen, Hansen, (Whats Left) ...... solid, especially around Brandon and also not the most expensive line up ever, and you have riders who give 100% and also have Hansen starting at reserve, which will give you a super start to the season, and always a strong reserve for the rest of the season.

dont want Harris back or Barker Harris has lowered his average in the last two seasons can't see him getting any better I personally would like Batchelor to sign

wouldnt want Barker back. unreliable and Ego too big

Would love Harris back. he had alot of health worries last year which affected his season. watching him in the play offs and then in the Brandonapolis it reminded me of how much I have missed the excitement of watching him ride.

Would love Harris, Zengota and Hansen. All exciting riders who can blast round the outside.

Wouldnt mind Hans at number 1 if he decides he doesnt want to ride for Swindon or Peterborough next year

• Like 1

wouldnt want Barker back. unreliable and Ego too big

Would love Harris back. he had alot of health worries last year which affected his season. watching him in the play offs and then in the Brandonapolis it reminded me of how much I have missed the excitement of watching him ride.

Would love Harris, Zengota and Hansen. All exciting riders who can blast round the outside.

Wouldnt mind Hans at number 1 if he decides he doesnt want to ride for Swindon or Peterborough next year

Harris ok as second string he's not an heat leader now IMO I wouldn't mind Batch as number one

Harris ok as second string he's not an heat leader now IMO I wouldn't mind Batch as number one

harris has been top notch at the showground this season , put him on a proper racetrack and he'll be as good as anybody
  • Like 1

If we`re having a Swindon cast off I would prefer Hans even though he`s a little past it. don`t care for Batch av gone off him....quite like Doyle think he has come on a lot this year and always looks as though he wants to win..

• Like 1

Batch and Harris are both pretty similar, back up or 3rd heat leader.

If we`re having a Swindon cast off I would prefer Hans even though he`s a little past it. don`t care for Batch av gone off him....quite like Doyle think he has come on a lot this year and always looks as though he wants to win..

I think you'll find the first two are Peterborough cast offs :wink:

If we`re having Peterborough cast offs I would prefer Hans even though he`s a little past it. don`t care for Batch av gone off him... quite like Doyle think he has come on a lot this year and always looks as though he wants to win....

• Like 1

Probably because he has an opinion and this is a discussion forum? :rolleyes:

I think you'll find most clubs have financial issues so there isn't any moral high ground!

I can roll eyes too, look... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not surprised you came along to sneer at Coventry. At least our riders aren't in the press telling everyone they've not been paid and didn't care they didn't sore points. Deary me!

http://www.swindonad...rbulent_season/

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 2

I can roll eyes too, look... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not surprised you came along to sneer at Coventry. At least our riders aren't in the press telling everyone they've not been paid and didn't care they didn't sore points. Deary me!

http://www.swindonad...rbulent_season/

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sneer at Coventry? I'm pretty sure I didn't. You appeared to take the moral high ground (and continue to do so) that because Brummies have well documented money problems that a Brummies supporter shouldn't quip about Coventry's financial stability! And now because I pointed this out, you then raise something similar about Swindon! If anyone is sneering it's you I think.

Watch you don't get dizzy rolling your eyes :wink:

Edited by Steve0