British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

So Bees have Harris and Hansen signed up for 2014 but Barker returning could be on the line unless he stays at Ipswich if they move up with Scott Nicholls and Leigh Lanham. Martin Smolinski could return to the club if they don't want to deal with Birmingham although Brummies seem pretty keen to keep the GP Star !! on board along with Josh Auty.

Kenni Larsen could be in contention to return for the Bees as #1 while Aaron Summers may have to decide if he wants to ride in the EL or PL as riders doubling up positions may have restrictions on ability (average) and/or age.

1 - Kenni Larsen

2 - Aaron Summers

3 - Grzegorz Zengota

4 - Kenneth Hansen

5 - Chris Harris

6 - ?

7 - ?

• Like 1

Not sure we will see Summers for the Bees next year I would prefer Roynon, similar average and if he managed an injury free season he could be a 5.5-6 point rider

Roynon is not a 5/6 point rider.

He managed that in 2012.
  • Like 1

Roynon is not a 5/6 point rider.

He would be if he stays innjury free and doesn't have to face the likes of Lindgren, Bjerre, Iversen etc

Would think Adam may well be doubling up again though and wouldn't be suprised if Dudley moved up and included him as one of their heat leaders.

So Bees have Harris and Hansen signed up for 2014 but Barker returning could be on the line unless he stays at Ipswich if they move up with Scott Nicholls and Leigh Lanham. Martin Smolinski could return to the club if they don't want to deal with Birmingham although Brummies seem pretty keen to keep the GP Star !! on board along with Josh Auty.

Kenni Larsen could be in contention to return for the Bees as #1 while Aaron Summers may have to decide if he wants to ride in the EL or PL as riders doubling up positions may have restrictions on ability (average) and/or age.

1 - Kenni Larsen

2 - Aaron Summers

3 - Grzegorz Zengota

4 - Kenneth Hansen

5 - Chris Harris

6 - ?

7 - ?

He managed that in 2012.

I seem to remember he had two serious injuries followed by a further two in 2013, making a total of six serious injuries including two life threatening ones if my memory serves me correct. Cannot believe Horton would seriously consider re-signing Roynon unless league looks more like the Premier League is now. Sorry but it's time to move on.
  • Like 2

I seem to remember he had two serious injuries followed by a further two in 2013, making a total of six serious injuries including two life threatening ones if my memory serves me correct. Cannot believe Horton would seriously consider re-signing Roynon unless league looks more like the Premier League is now. Sorry but it's time to move on.

I can't even count them to be honest. He's a great lad is Adam and undoubtedly talented, but as much as it hurts me to say it. I agree with you. It's got to the stage, that every time he takes to the track, I have my heart in my mouth. I watch updates waiting to see if he's got through a heat unscathed!! That's not how it should be....

There is no room for sentiment though when you are trying to build a competitive team. Obviously we don't know the points limit yet for 2014, but with a heavy heart, Adam wouldn't be a Bee next season, in either of the chosen teams. If not for his own health!! :(

• Like 2

It's got to the stage, that every time he takes to the track, I have my heart in my mouth. I watch updates waiting to see if he's got through a heat unscathed!! That's not how it should be....

It's worse still being there and I can't say I enjoy watching any of the heats that Adam is in as I'm just hoping he finishes the race without mishap. Some riders just seem so accident prone and unfortunately Adam is one of them. :neutral:

As you obviously have me as a HATER....!!!! :rofl: Already said on here, Harris = No brainer and great entertainment, Hansen= = I have no problem with so your mistaken Im not scoffing I gave Horton credit for both signings and asked for some new faces. I've also already said on here I DO NOT get involved with what I believe to be speculation as to who the others would be or who I would like because thats irrelevant as I do not know the points limit, what Hortons budget is, who is available,and who is prepared to ride for someone like Horton given his previous track record. So i'll leave it to you and whoever else to fill these pages with the pie in the sky predictions and wishes. I have better things to do than that and as and when riders are announced I will if I feel inclined pass on what I think, not that I think many people will be too bothered what I think.

It seems to me that any one who does not tow the party line should be taken out and shot. How sad it is that if you say something that is not in the manifesto you are vilified

• Like 1

they said that last season and season before Bomber out of Gp now he will kick on never did?

A least with Scott you get 100%

Shame he didn't give 100% when he rode for Swindon

As you obviously have me as a HATER....!!!! :rofl: Already said on here, Harris = No brainer and great entertainment, Hansen= = I have no problem with so your mistaken Im not scoffing I gave Horton credit for both signings and asked for some new faces. I've also already said on here I DO NOT get involved with what I believe to be speculation as to who the others would be or who I would like because thats irrelevant as I do not know the points limit, what Hortons budget is, who is available,and who is prepared to ride for someone like Horton given his previous track record. So i'll leave it to you and whoever else to fill these pages with the pie in the sky predictions and wishes. I have better things to do than that and as and when riders are announced I will if I feel inclined pass on what I think, not that I think many people will be too bothered what I think.

Have you ever considered it might be quite good fun speculating and creating one's own teams, rather than what you term as 'pie in the sky predictions'.....take a chill pill...

I said id prefer Roynon over Summers but to be honest we should look at the likes of Bellego for next year. If Roynon can have an injury free season next year and do well then he will be a potential signing for 2015.

• Like 1

1 - Kenni Larsen

2 - Aaron Summers

3 - Grzegorz Zengota

4 - Kenneth Hansen

5 - Chris Harris

6 - ?

7 - ?

How about

1.Nicholls...7.19

2.Hansen.....5.83

3.Harris.....6.82

4.Zengota...6.15

5.Korneliussen.. 6.97

6.Smith.....3.76

7 Bellego....3.18

.............................Under the 40 pts limit that's been mentioned . Mads is brilliant around Brandon . This team SHOULD be able to win most of its home meetings !!

Edited by BANANAMAN