British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

If this is true about 2 GB NL riders at EL reserve then the idea of 2 Storm riders doubling up for the Bees is very exciting. Did Mick Horton have a crystal ball when he started the Storm? Joe Jacobs for one would be great. The racing between him and Steve Boxall at Sittingbourne was very good.

My prediction. Not commenting on how good it will be, just that this is who I think we'll end up with.

Larsen - 7.26

Sundstrom - 7.22

Harris - 6.82

Hansen - 5.83

Szczepaniak - 4.86

Total 31.99

Branford and Jacobs at reserve.

cant see him paying for a pole?

Larsen over Nicholls is a no-brainer for me. Larsen is still improving. Nicholls is sliding.

So is Harris can't see him paying loan fees Scott could do well in a watered down league. Would rather have Danny King than Larsen

So is Harris can't see him paying loan fees Scott could do well in a watered down league. Would rather have Danny King than Larsen

Looks like we disagree on two points then! Scott might do well in a watered down league but Larsen is simply a better rider now (although he is coming back from a nasty injury so that has associated risks). If Nicholls is to do well in a watered down league, I would argue Larsen should do even better.

King is 0.2 higher than Larsen which means neither Szczepaniak or Auty would fit as the last place in the 1-5 if we signed Danny King.

The loan fee for Larsen would be off-set by a loan fee for Nicholls. Can't believe he wouldn't be snapped up somewhere.

Still it's all good fun speculating. I suspect the actual 1-5 has already been sorted out.

Looks like we disagree on two points then! Scott might do well in a watered down league but Larsen is simply a better rider now (although he is coming back from a nasty injury so that has associated risks). If Nicholls is to do well in a watered down league, I would argue Larsen should do even better.

King is 0.2 higher than Larsen which means neither Szczepaniak or Auty would fit as the last place in the 1-5 if we signed Danny King.

The loan fee for Larsen would be off-set by a loan fee for Nicholls. Can't believe he wouldn't be snapped up somewhere.

Still it's all good fun speculating. I suspect the actual 1-5 has already been sorted out.

Posssibly they have just saw the piece on the Lakeside site says the reserves are going to be allocated ?

Posssibly they have just saw the piece on the Lakeside site says the reserves are going to be allocated ?

Yes. Very strange. Simply cannot see how that is going to work. Especially as Lakeside seem to have 'bagged' top prospect Adam Ellis.

Yes. Very strange. Simply cannot see how that is going to work. Especially as Lakeside seem to have 'bagged' top prospect Adam Ellis.

Just saw a bit about the team finishing bottom gets first pick happy days

Pick Adam Ellis then and see what happens...

• Like 1

Where... Do tell...

Obviously, if this is the case, it was all part of the 2013 grand plan to finish bottom!

Lambert and Kerr please! In all serious why cant sides use there own assets?

• Like 1

There's a suggestion that the reserves will be allocated by the MC!! :neutral:

thats what I have heard as well. if this is the case then very unfair on the teams that form nl teams and support them. we all know which team will be given the strongest ones.

can only see NL riders beating each other and not top riders. what happens when using r/r as well, will make meet ins very one sided.

what will happen to British riders such as Roynon, Robson, borks etc if not able to be at Reserve?