British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

Yes, along with everybody else I'm also very happy with the signings made so far. Let's just hope the last one is the right one. For the reserves, I wish Mick had signed Greenwood as an asset and he'd be my first choice from the storm team with either Sargent or Jacobs but i'm in the dark as to how the allocation of reserves will work anyhow. The sensible way would be for teams to nominate a qualifying asset (Eg Lakeside, Ellis) as their 1st draft pick with the other spots filled like a US draft with Leicester having the first pick followed by Coventry and Poole the last. But of course this is speedway. For the last rider in the top five I'd prefer someone foreign with potential, Rosen or Mikkelsen if we could get them or (and I say this for the umpteenth time) Vaclav Milik before someone else signs him!! Or even one the Latvians (no work permit issues) any one of Bogdanovs, Podzouks or Lebedev. Well done to Mick Horton on the team as it stands.

Edited by tiberon
  • Like 1

Race night is Friday, 7.30pm

Any timescales on when these reserve riders will be announced?

Any timescales on when these reserve riders will be announced?

Early December is our target

Early December is our target

Cheers Neil, I was expecting longer to be honest.

Looking good at the moment Neil any news on reserves Jacobs & Branford maybe

After watching Rob since he's been home he has improved a lot and if had some good equipment and someone to help his gating he could do well.

Junior

• Like 1

..... and someone to help his gating he could do well.

Tell him to contact Chris Harris when he gets back. :lol:

• Like 2

Tell him to contact Chris Harris when he gets back. :lol:

Naughty Gem but very funny :rofl:

Impressed with the Team building so far, reckon the 5th signing will hold the key to the season, if we can find the right rider, then we look like we are in for a good season in 2014.

Santa's wish list from me is as follows:-

Ditch Bruce Forsyth, sorry Peter York as presenter, so damned annoying!

Improve the Public Address system, so we can hear the announcements (or if we keep Yorkie, leave it as it is)!!

Maintain the great improvements in 2013 to the Track preparation.

Free transport to Poole for supporters, so that we can see our Team Manager at his favourite track enjoying his Testimonial (sorry for me this does not work well at all, no rapport with the supporters)

A nice dry day for the Christmas Meeting.

Finally best wishes to Scott for next season, always felt he gave it is best shot in a poor season this year!

• Like 7

Impressed with the Team building so far, reckon the 5th signing will hold the key to the season, if we can find the right rider, then we look like we are in for a good season in 2014.

Santa's wish list from me is as follows:-

Ditch Bruce Forsyth, sorry Peter York as presenter, so damned annoying!

Improve the Public Address system, so we can hear the announcements (or if we keep Yorkie, leave it as it is)!!

Maintain the great improvements in 2013 to the

Track preparation.

Free transport to Poole for supporters, so that we can see our Team Manager at his favourite track enjoying his Testimonial (sorry for me this does not work well at all, no rapport with the supporters)

A nice dry day for the Christmas Meeting.

Finally best wishes to Scott for next season, always felt he gave it is best shot in a poor season this year!

Who would be the best rider/s that would fit into the 5th spot ?

riders that fit

*Kozza Smith

*Kevin Wolbert

*Aaron Summers

*Adam Roynon

*Mikkel Michelsen (can't see it happening)

*Simon Gustafsson

Allen, Robbo and Szczepaniak all fit although not sure would be a good choice

riders that fit

*Kozza Smith

*Kevin Wolbert

*Aaron Summers

*Adam Roynon

*Mikkel Michelsen (can't see it happening)

*Simon Gustafsson [/size]

Allen, Robbo and Szczepaniak all fit although not sure would be a good choice

My view is that one of the Bees assets is most likely, followed by Summers (albeit I think I read somewhere that he tweeted he wasn't being offered a place at the Bees for 2014). Wolbert is a good shout as he has had some very good meetings at Brandon. Gustafsson could be a possibility, especially if a loan swap deal done with Kennett. Can't see any way that Michelsen would move away from Eastbourne though ...

The 5th rider could well make or break the Bees 2014 chances though ...

Edited by beesknees

I would have Aaron back. Still think we`ve not seen the best of him, and if he was surrounded by a team of riders who can help him out and give him some encouragement I`m sure he would improve, I think he has a good attitude and comes over as a friendly chap and willing to learn. With Hans on board now I`m expecting a bit more team spirit which has been lacking in the pits for a few seasons now. All that remains to be said is that I`m Pumped and Stoked for the new season...