British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

What about Andrew Tully for the Bees 5th rider ?

Someone else suggested him, got good scores when guesting in the EL.

zetterstrom?

No thanks.

Gustafsson at Easbourne?

Would be a good signing on that average but I think he might stay at Eastbourne.

Interesting snippet from a Swindon paper:

The Advertiser understands four riders, Newman (Poole), Kerr (Kings Lynn), Adam Ellis (Lakeside) and Ashley Morris (Wolverhampton) are protected, meaning their parent clubs have first call on their services - but only in the first round of the draft.

Coventry are set to get first pick in round one due to the fact they finished bottom of the league with the Robins going third last behind play-off finalists Birmingham and Poole. The team with the lowest ranked rider at the end of round one will choose first in the second round

Interesting snippet from a Swindon paper:

The Advertiser understands four riders, Newman (Poole), Kerr (Kings Lynn), Adam Ellis (Lakeside) and Ashley Morris (Wolverhampton) are protected, meaning their parent clubs have first call on their services - but only in the first round of the draft.

Coventry are set to get first pick in round one due to the fact they finished bottom of the league with the Robins going third last behind play-off finalists Birmingham and Poole. The team with the lowest ranked rider at the end of round one will choose first in the second round

Bit of a lotto then,why are these four protected I wonder?

The team with the lowest ranked rider at the end of round one will choose first in the second round

Seems perfectly fair to me.

• Like 1

If Cov get first pick of the others it's got to be Garrity no brainer

I agree we should pick Garrity and then see what's left, maybe Sarjeant?

• Like 1

Agreed, it has to be Garrity. Anyone else shows the promotion have no ambition. Garrity averaged 9 in his few PL meeting last season, he could be one of the very few reserves who can beat top 5 riders, he could be having 6 or 7 rides a meeting and averaging 7 or 8 (bearing in mind he'll probably get 6 from 2 in the two protected heats)

I think Leicester should have first pick as newcomers to the league.

Dont think that would go down well, plus its grossly unfair.

• Like 1

Bit of a lotto then,why are these four protected I wonder?

Because they are already assets of their EL teams.

Agreed, it has to be Garrity. Anyone else shows the promotion have no ambition. Garrity averaged 9 in his few PL meeting last season, he could be one of the very few reserves who can beat top 5 riders, he could be having 6 or 7 rides a meeting and averaging 7 or 8 (bearing in mind he'll probably get 6 from 2 in the two protected heats)

He is probably the one rider on the list who I would be confident in taking points consistantly off the 2nd strings. The only downside I see is his injury but it really is an easy decision.

This isn't a dig at Coventry but why reward pi$$ poor teams from last year by letting them pick the best of what's on offer? Downright stupid!! Surely drawing lots is the fairest way of determining who has first pick? :mad:

After all, all teams are building for the new season from scratch and this just stinks of the usual BSPA incapable of finding a fair way of doing things.

Edited by Steve0

Hoping Coventry make the most of first pick and pick Garrity. Capable of beating other reserves & one of the most likely to beat some 2nd strings as well