British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

In your haste to write yet more trash talk gavan, I see you have found it convenient to have a selective memory when you think it serves your purpose because you overlooked my post (below) and starman hasn't commented!

Cue yet more of " the usual pathetic response".... backtracking and trying to explain yourself yet again.

In Topic: Pirates 2014

17 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

"I'm very disappointed to hear this news.

If Darcy is found guilty of this then he should be looking at a ban from professional speedway which should to be determined by the appropriate authorities.

Regardless of any mitigating circumstances - it is important that no spin comes from any level of management at Poole Speedway. Instead, let him know how he let us down and set an appalling example to the youngsters who idolise him at Wimborne Rd.

I don't see myself as being over dramatic here, but really Darcy, how many chances do you want ? It's time to stop this thoughtless behaviour and concentrate 100% on speedway which you are brilliant at.

Find a mentor like Jason Crump or Leigh Adams and learn what is like to be a true professorial before it's too late.

I sincerely wish him success in life and speedway."

i take it back apologies

All you seem to do Gavan is to pile into anything that can be made a case against poole, on nearly every post you make.

Just saying.

crap! i comment on a lot of topics on a lot of differen part of the forum.

name me one club that has caused more controversy than Poole in the last 5 years?

name me one rider that has caused more controversy than Ward in the last 3 years?

i comment on the Poole thread because 9 times out of 10 thats where the main debates are.

The fact its a Poole rider in trouble means im going to comment on here, same as if it was Iversen i would be on the Lynn thread

Update:

2011 Torun team manager and organiser of the European Speedway Championship, Sławomir Kryjom has said: "I have been talking to Darcy for a very long time. He is devastated by what has happened. I do not want to justify what he has done but he has been suffering with problems in his personal life. I know what these problems are but I do not feel I can speak about them publicly."

Former Torun manager Jacek Gajewski has said: "Darcy has been stupid. I thought the lawsuit he faced when accused of rape scared him and it occurred to him that he must grow up, but then he was caught in Australia riding a motorbike under the influence of various different drugs. Unfortunately the Australian is very reckless. If the same thing at Daugavpils had happened to say Perowi Jonssonowi or Ryan Sullivan who do not usually drink, you would think they must be suffering with a lot of personal issues, but Darcy Ward? Think about the damage this could of caused if Darcy was scheduled to ride in an important play off match? In 2012 he went to a pub in England and got into a fight only 2 days before the second leg of another match."

"I expect Darcy will be suspended from any competition pending his disciplinary hearing. I do not expect he will be allowed to race in Sweden tonight (or in England on Wednesday)."

"Darcy had also lied about his alcohol levels. He claimed his alcohol levels were 0.01, but that was not the case. Darcy was tested 3 times, the first indication was 0.5, after half an hour of 0.45 and 0.39 on the final test."

Ekstraliga president Wojciech Stępniewski has said: "The ban should not effect his ability to compete i the Ekstraliga (or the British Elite League) as the violation took place in the Grand Prix series and not a league match. We await the ruling of the FIM"

Sources close to the FIM say they expect Darcy Ward may face a ban until the end of the season.

Darcy Ward, who is awaiting the decision of the FIM say's he does not think he deserves a suspension or financial penalty, although he is very apologetic for what has happened. He said he is feeling fit and would like to ride in Sweden tonight and for Poole in the Elite League on Wednesday.

I believe this is an accurate translation. Please forgive me if I have translated any details incorrectly. Translated by myself from a Polish article by Nowosci.com.pl.

So the level of alcohol increased after half an hour and a slight decrease in the final test...?

Update:

2011 Torun team manager and organiser of the European Speedway Championship, Sławomir Kryjom has said: "I have been talking to Darcy for a very long time. He is devastated by what has happened. I do not want to justify what he has done but he has been suffering with problems in his personal life. I know what these problems are but I do not feel I can speak about them publicly."

Former Torun manager Jacek Gajewski has said: "Darcy has been stupid. I thought the lawsuit he faced when accused of rape scared him and it occurred to him that he must grow up, but then he was caught in Australia riding a motorbike under the influence of various different drugs. Unfortunately the Australian is very reckless. If the same thing at Daugavpils had happened to say Perowi Jonssonowi or Ryan Sullivan who do not usually drink, you would think they must be suffering with a lot of personal issues, but Darcy Ward? Think about the damage this could of caused if Darcy was scheduled to ride in an important play off match? In 2012 he went to a pub in England and got into a fight only 2 days before the second leg of another match."

"I expect Darcy will be suspended from any competition pending his disciplinary hearing. I do not expect he will be allowed to race in Sweden tonight (or in England on Wednesday)."

"Darcy had also lied about his alcohol levels. He claimed his alcohol levels were 0.01, but that was not the case. Darcy was tested 3 times, the first indication was 0.5, after half an hour 0.45 and 0.39 on the final test."

Ekstraliga president Wojciech Stępniewski has said: "The ban should not effect his ability to compete i the Ekstraliga (or the British Elite League) as the violation took place in the Grand Prix series and not a league match. We await the ruling of the FIM"

Sources close to the FIM say they expect Darcy Ward may face a ban until the end of the season.

Darcy Ward, who is awaiting the decision of the FIM say's he does not think he deserves a suspension or financial penalty, although he is very apologetic for what has happened. He said he is feeling fit and would like to ride in Sweden tonight and for Poole in the Elite League on Wednesday.

I believe this is an accurate translation. Please forgive me if I have translated any details incorrectly. Translated by myself from a Polish article by Nowosci.com.pl.

So the level of alcohol increased after half an hour and a slight decrease in the final test...?

No? It was 0.5, then 0.45, and finally 0.39.

Edited by Charizard

Lying about your breath test results is not a wise move. I think Darcy will be looking at a 6 month ban.

• Like 1

Lying about your breath test results is not a wise move. I think Darcy will be looking at a 6 month ban.

That's Ok if it's a 'proper' 6 month ban and he misses out on 6 months of speedway riding. Otherwise it's - in reality - just a ban of a few weeks which runs out in February.

I agree with most of what you say scribbler, but please don't ignore, when i clearly stated I do not condone darcys actions. If you dig deep enough, or even scrape a bit off the surface even, you will find most riders are just as guilty as darcy now or have been in the past. But I acknowledge that doesn't mean everyone. I still maintain a stricter testing procedure should be introduced.

Saying "most riders" have ridden over the limit is a ludicrous claim. Why haven't more been caught?

I've seen plenty riders drinking the night before a GP, someone close to your heart included.

So you keep saying and it's getting pretty boring to be honest.

And don't suggest that a ban will be detrimental to his teams - and to supporters - if he doesn't ride for a while. Ward obviously doesn't care about them - only about himself and his feelings and money - not about any of you. He doesn't think he needs punishing now he's 'apologised'...

Sorry misread it

Too much alcohol affecting your vision. :drink::wink:

• Like 1

They key here is it is now alleged that Ward feels he does not deserve a ban.

He quite clearly has learned nothing.

• Like 5

What sort of reception will he get next time he rides in Britain ... plenty of booze?

Obviously my comment was a joke but the rules cannot be changed to suit poole in this scenario, I know you think he should be banned a long time but I dont think he will be or should be. Whatever the result of the length of ban it won't be long enough for you.

Wont be long enough for me??? What has my opinions to do with it??

Have you read the FIM rules?? Do you remember what happened to Stefan Danno??

So what has that anything to do with with MY opinion??

FIM rules state clearly a 2 year ban is required and a precedent is already set by banning Danno.

To suggest anything less shows your bias and blindness to all things Darcy and Poole - so shame on you.

Rules have already been changed to suit Poole and they usually are.

No doubt you will have another laugh at that too. :neutral:

Update:

"Darcy had also lied about his alcohol levels. He claimed his alcohol levels were 0.01, but that was not the case. Darcy was tested 3 times, the first indication was 0.5, after half an hour of 0.45 and 0.39 on the final test."

At least Gajewski calls it absolutely correct.

More lies about his alcohol test proves Ward cannot be trusted to tell the truth.

Also the fact he believes he deserves no ban just goes to show the ban should be the maximum required. Otherwise we will just wait for the next incident. He clearly hasnt and WONT ever learn.

They key here is it is now alleged that Ward feels he does not deserve a ban.

He quite clearly has learned nothing.

And there is no reason why the ban of 2 years shouldn't be applied.

Anything less and then it is clear the FIM are happy to accept plea bargains.

Edited by stevebrum

Saying "most riders" have ridden over the limit is a ludicrous claim. Why haven't more been caught?

Because they been lucky(possible) or had more time to recover (probable).