British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Stoke V Kent Kings, Now 27/10

That is what I said the implication was he was. How can a team openly 'drop' a rider but leave them in the 1 - 7 and bring guests in.!!! Before I get blasted I know the rules allow it but does that make it right? ;)

Connor Coles also has a better average than the other reserve Adam Kirby. Without Kent Kings making clear why Coles isn't the side one must wonder why the bizarre decision was made to bring in Danny Phillips in preference to Coles.

That is what I said the implication was he was. How can a team openly 'drop' a rider but leave them in the 1 - 7 and bring guests in.!!! Before I get blasted I know the rules allow it but does that make it right? ;)

As Danny is NOT in anyone's 1-7 and is a 3-point rider he isn't a 'Guest'... He's 'unattached'..

As Danny is NOT in anyone's 1-7 and is a 3-point rider he isn't a 'Guest'... He's 'unattached'..

Yes I think we have established that now and that wasn't my point?

Yes I think we have established that now and that wasn't my point?

What is the point you're making then?

I think the point TMW is making is how a rider with a better average than one name for the Kent Kings side is still included, yet Connor Coles seemingly "gets the elbow" in favour of an unattached rider Danny Phillips.

Strange things happen in regard to the Kent Kings side and its team selections - did someone mention David Mason? :oops:

Edited by Guest

Maybe Connor has just packed up for the year and flogged his gear as many other riders do to get some funds together to upgrade for 2014. Could be a very simple, innocent explanation. He's gonna be a decent rider IMO, Kings should definitely look to bring him back next term. Also a chance to look at Phillips who is a decent prospect himself.

I think the point TMW is making is how a rider with a better average than one name for the Kent Kings side is still included, yet Connor Coles seemingly "gets the elbow" in favour of an unattached rider Danny Phillips.

Strange things happen in regard to the Kent Kings side and its team selections - did someone mention David Mason? :oops:

Maybe Connor has just packed up for the year and flogged his gear as many other riders do to get some funds together to upgrade for 2014. Could be a very simple, innocent explanation. He's gonna be a decent rider IMO, Kings should definitely look to bring him back next term. Also a chance to look at Phillips who is a decent prospect himself.

RocketBen - Your response is a possibility. But would Connor Coles make such a move as you suggest knowing there was an outstanding fixture to be raced? :rolleyes:

RocketBen - Your response is a possibility. But would Connor Coles make such a move as you suggest knowing there was an outstanding fixture to be raced? :rolleyes:

Because it's a dead rubber, Connor last raced at the end of September in a couple of Premier League level meetings which will have been great for him experience wise. Thus missing this one fixture will give him another month in accruing funds/finding the right machinery to come out all guns blazing in 2014.

Edited by RocketBen1

Because it's a dead rubber, Connor last raced at the end of September in a couple of Premier League level meetings which will have been great for him experience wise. Thus missing this one fixture will give him another month in accruing funds/finding the right machinery to come out all guns blazing in 2014.

Still seems an odd decision to me but as the old saying (somehow) goes "...each to his own." But of course next season is only five months away so if that is the case for his absence time is of the essence! :nono:

For heavens sake gustix - change the bloody record! You've been banging on completely inaccurately about this for months now. The Kent side had a real problem with fitting in riders when Steve Boxall's assessed average was so high. When a rider as talented as Benji Compton suddenly became available early on in the season, the management could either have left it and Benji would've signed for someone else or make a (difficult) decision to temporarily change the side to get Benji in. The latter was the decision made.

As soon as Boxall's average reduced, Mason was reintroduced and the Kings won every remaining home league match after that with Compton & Mason actually a formitable partnership. The decision was hard but clearly proven to be correct.

Your constant banging on about it shows literally no understanding of how one has to juggle resources and make team management decisions.

Is there ANY chance you'll finally understand what happened and why!?

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly
  • Like 1

For heavens sake gustix - change the bloody record! You've been banging on completely inaccurately about this for months now. The Kent side had a real problem with fitting in riders when Steve Boxall's assessed average was so high. When a rider as talented as Benji Compton suddenly became available early on in the season, the management could either have left it and Benji would've signed for someone else or make a (difficult) decision to temporarily change the side to get Benji in. The latter was the decision made.

As soon as Boxall's average reduced, Mason was reintroduced and the Kings won every remaining home league match after that with Compton & Mason actually a formitable partnership. The decision was hard but clearly proven to be correct.

Your constant banging on about it shows literally no understanding of how one has to juggle resources and make team management decisions.

Yes I do understand the David Mason situation. I have been around speedway long enough to understand how managements have to operate. I just drew a parallel to Mason to highlight the fact that as happened with Mason, now no explanation has been made in regard to the absence of Connor Coles for the match at Stoke. All it needs is for a reason to be given and the whole affair can go on the proverbial back-burner.

Yes I do understand the David Mason situation. I have been around speedway long enough to understand how managements have to operate.

Hmm, so as you understood this so well all along, one can only conclude that your constant references to the David Mason 'situation' was all along just mischief-making...

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Hmm, so as you understood this so well all along, one can only conclude that your constant references to the David Mason 'situation' was all along just mischief-making...

Not so! I mentioned the David Mason affair in passing because it took so long to get an acceptable explanation from Kent Kings of him being dropped from the side in the early weeks of the season. That was the reason I referred to it in the query - voiced by others besides yours truly - in regard to Connor Coles not riding at Stoke.

If you read my query in full you will see the Mason reference was only a throw away comment. By only quoting (highlighted in your quote) you have taken the topic off course. At least that's how I see it.

All that is really needed from Kent Kings is a simple: Connor Coles misses the match at Stoke because.????.. It gives Danny Phillips the chance to make his Kings' debut.

Edited by Guest

Right, well I wasn't actually referring to your one 'throwaway' (barbed though it was..) comment on this thread - more that you'd gone on about the decision to drop Mason all year without seemingly pausing for breath.

Happy to hear that actually you understood why it happened all along!!!

Right, well I wasn't actually referring to your one 'throwaway' (barbed though it was..) comment on this thread - more that you'd gone on about the decision to drop Mason all year without seemingly pausing for breath.

Happy to hear that actually you understood why it happened all along!!!

Well I didn't understand the David Mason affair in the first case as to why he was dropped. And at the time, as Posts on the topic show nor did other people. But we accepted the explanation and his welcome return when it happened.

May I say that your latest explanation gives even further clarification to the issue - data that I don't recall previously seeing to ee what had happened. But you give a much clearer insight into why he temporarily went out of the side and was later reinstated.

The reason why I made a mention of Mason in a question about Coles was because it took quite a few Posts as to why Mason had been dropped. The same thing appears to be happening in regard to Coles when a simple comment from the Kings could have avoided an irrelevant debate in regard to Mason.

Now perhaps we can get a clarification, albeit possibly a simple - but much needed - reason for Connor Coles not riding at Stoke?

Edited by Guest