I dont know that much so i dont know how realistic this is but how about:

1. Tai Woffinden 9.20

2. Jacob Thorsell 4.61

3. Peter Karlsson 8.09

4. Tyron Proctor 5.78

5. Matej Zagar 8.78

6. Kenneth Hansen 3.00

7. Pontus Aspegren 3.00

Probably really unrealistic but there you go.

Let's hope its unrealistic as I wouldn't entertain either Zagar or Hansen in any Wolves team.

Rumours are flying around about a much lower points limit.

As well as Skornicki and Proctor have performed this year there have to be doubts about including them.

Proctor is coming back from a very serious injury and perhaps a full season at PL - or equivalent level would be the best for him next year.

Skornicki struggled against the Brummies in the play offs - as most Wolves did - and the Brummies are basically a team of 6 and 7 point riders which is what he would be facing next year. As popular as he is I think it is time to bring down the curtain on his Wolves career on a high note.

Wolfie

Let's hope its unrealistic as I wouldn't entertain either Zagar or Hansen in any Wolves team.

As well as Skornicki and Proctor have performed this year there have to be doubts about including them.

Proctor is coming back from a very serious injury and perhaps a full season at PL - or equivalent level would be the best for him next year.

Skornicki struggled against the Brummies in the play offs - as most Wolves did - and the Brummies are basically a team of 6 and 7 point riders which is what he would be facing next year. As popular as he is I think it is time to bring down the curtain on his Wolves career on a high note.

Wolfie

Gotta agree with all that Wolfie,and because you go to the away matches as well,you see them perform on different tracks,so trust youre opinion.

Must say, i think Ricky Wells was the biggest dissapointment(even though his average doesnt say so).I had him down to make the big breakthrough this season,becoming the third heat-leader.He didnt,and there has to be doubts now he ever will.

Wolfie

Ty Proctor was possibly the best rider Wolverhampton had at one stage last season and while I understand that he is coming back from a bad injury, he more than deserves to another year which he will get and if the limit is lower he could be an ideal signing as he could average over seven.

As for Adam, he was poor early on but he did a good job for the team and could also be a steady influence next season but I agree there are better riders on lower averages.

Proctor and Thorssell are definitely in next season and the same with Tai and Ricky. It's just then to see what's left

Wolfie

Clearly you were at a different meeting to the rest of us.

'Most' of the Wolves team didn't struggle. 'Most' of them did their jobs. We got 7pts from the No1 position over 2 matches. That is all there is too it. A normal return from that position, Wolves would have won with some ease.

You've been preaching for years to 'bring down the curtain' on Adam, every year he comes back and does his job.

Edited by BWitcher

Adam, more than most can hold his head high during the play offs.

If we are building a team of solidity (based around the World Champ) then Adam can do a decent job still.

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect anything less of a defence from you having been one of Adam's sponsors. Clearly you weren't standing with the large group of Wolves fans at Birmingham for the second leg if you feel happy to defend the team's performance. We had a lack of heat winners against a team of second strings, against a team that will be a similar standard to the teams in 2014 if reports are to be believed. Go with the same team next year and the results are likely to be the same. Same old same old leads to apathy and lack of enthusiasm which I think the club has slipped into. Time for a breath of fresh air and new faces to freshen the place up. Edited by Wolfie
  • Like 4

. Go with the same team next year and the results are likely to be the same. Same old same old leads to apathy and lack of enthusiasm which I think the club has slipped into. Time for a breath of fresh air and new faces to freshen the place up.

That`s a little unfair Wolfie. The team we started with were on fire and without injuries (like Brum) could have easily been leaders all through-out the season.Whether they would have been in form come play off time is a very separate discussion that has no real answer. The apathy around our season set in once it was clear that Ty was going to be long term out and the replacement then needed to be a good one if we were to maintain that level of performance.

Obviously we went for the cheap and worst possible (i maintained that before he signed) so we then limped into the play offs with very little worry on concern of missing. So from the presentation nite perspective it was `job done`.

I agree each season we need a little freshening - however not having Tai, Ty and Jacob would be plain nonsense.

That`s a little unfair Wolfie. The team we started with were on fire and without injuries (like Brum) could have easily been leaders all through-out the season.Whether they would have been in form come play off time is a very separate discussion that has no real answer. The apathy around our season set in once it was clear that Ty was going to be long term out and the replacement then needed to be a good one if we were to maintain that level of performance.

Obviously we went for the cheap and worst possible (i maintained that before he signed) so we then limped into the play offs with very little worry on concern of missing. So from the presentation nite perspective it was `job done`.

I agree each season we need a little freshening - however not having Tai, Ty and Jacob would be plain nonsense.

Tai and Jacob would be the first two names on my teamsheet - but a lot will depend on the league set up and whether Tai fits in to that - some rumours I have heard imply that he wouldn't which would be a crazy situation.

Ty undoubtedly came good and would deserve another chance but he is coming back from a major injury and that would my only concern - perhaps a year of recovery on loan at the lower level would be the best route for him.

After that I think all of the places would be up for consideration as I don't think Freddie will be back with us by his choice.

Wolfie

Edited by Wolfie

Tai and Jacob would be the first two names on my teamsheet - but a lot will depend on the league set up and whether Tai fits in to that - some rumours I have heard imply that he wouldn't which would be a crazy situation.

Ty undoubtedly came good and would deserve another chance but he is coming back from a major injury and that would my only concern - perhaps a year of recovery on loan at the lower level would be the best route for him.

After that I think all of the places would be up for consideration as I don't think Freddie will be back with us by his choice.

Wolfie

Any level that doesnt include Tai would just be a glorified PL and even more fans down the pan.

You are right, if the EL does not take advantage of having the British World Champion then they seriously will never get the EL right and may as well bin it.

• Like 1

[quote name='stevebrum' timestamp='1382354172' post='236

Any level that doesnt include Tai would just be a glorified PL and even more fans down the pan.

You are right, if the EL does not take advantage of having the British World Champion then they seriously will never get the EL right and may as well bin it.

Well if they drop the points limit may as well bin the EL because it will be a glorified PL.

Edited by fish keeper

Wolfie

yes the limit of 38 is being spouted alot, which is a significant reduction in quality, that team is 4.5 over, you would need to replace one of those heat leaders with another 3 point rider!

Wolfie

yes the limit of 38 is being spouted alot, which is a significant reduction in quality, that team is 4.5 over, you would need to replace one of those heat leaders with another 3 point rider!

Must say, i think Ricky Wells was the biggest dissapointment(even though his average doesnt say so).I had him down to make the big breakthrough this season,becoming the third heat-leader.He didnt,and there has to be doubts now he ever will.

to be fair Ricky is only just 22 and has plenty of time ahead of him to become a heat leader....

Has come on in leaps and bounds since i first saw him a few seasons ago at Rye House in the world U21 qualifiers!

Think he should definatly be in your 2014 team!

Well if they drop the points limit may as well bin the EL because it will be a glorified PL.

and will drop even further EL supporters.