British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

....or maybe that was a highly convenient reason!?

We wouldn't be able to sign him until Swindon have released him anyway so it's all academic. I must admit I wouldn't want a rider who can just spit his dummy out and walk away with no thought for the people who have supported him management and fans.

We wouldn't be able to sign him until Swindon have released him anyway so it's all academic. I must admit I wouldn't want a rider who can just spit his dummy out and walk away with no thought for the people who have supported him management and fans.

But he was dumped by a team (presumably after having signed an agreement with them) at a point where alternative employment possibilities had already become very limited. If that had happened when a good amount of alternatives were still available, the current situation would probably not apply. Whether it was the fault of Somerset or the BSPA, or both, they have brought the situation about, not Morris.

If Swindon don't resolve the situation, and having (I think) submitted a transfer request in December, Morris could take the matter to arbitration with the SCB/ACU, who are obliged to make a decision which is "in the best interests of speedway". Due to notice requirements, that couldin theory take until well into March, if Swindon don't want to budge.

If the SCB/ACU do have to make a ruling - what will they deem to be "in the best interests of speedway"? Morris riding only in the EL (for Swindon); or Morris riding in EL for (Leicester or Poole) and in the PL (for Sheffield).

Keeping in mind the situation hasn't been of Morris's making, my money would be a ruling in favour of the latter as "in the best interests of speedway.

The ball's in Swindon's court now i think. There options are 1. Hold out until a possible arbitration ruling which maybe won't be until March - and run the risk of having to rebuild the team with the season about to start 2. Decide to grant Morris his transfer request now and adjust their team 3. Try to get the arbittration process moved forward, with the agreement of Morris and BSPA/SCB.

If Morris does get his wish, I bet you that in 2015 he will be back with Swindon, best buddies with Rosco again!

But he was dumped by a team (presumably after having signed an agreement with them) at a point where alternative employment possibilities had already become very limited. If that had happened when a good amount of alternatives were still available, the current situation would probably not apply. Whether it was the fault of Somerset or the BSPA, or both, they have brought the situation about, not Morris.

If Swindon don't resolve the situation, and having (I think) submitted a transfer request in December, Morris could take the matter to arbitration with the SCB/ACU, who are obliged to make a decision which is "in the best interests of speedway". Due to notice requirements, that couldin theory take until well into March, if Swindon don't want to budge.

If the SCB/ACU do have to make a ruling - what will they deem to be "in the best interests of speedway"? Morris riding only in the EL (for Swindon); or Morris riding in EL for (Leicester or Poole) and in the PL (for Sheffield).

Keeping in mind the situation hasn't been of Morris's making, my money would be a ruling in favour of the latter as "in the best interests of speedway.

The ball's in Swindon's court now i think. There options are 1. Hold out until a possible arbitration ruling which maybe won't be until March - and run the risk of having to rebuild the team with the season about to start 2. Decide to grant Morris his transfer request now and adjust their team 3. Try to get the arbittration process moved forward, with the agreement of Morris and BSPA/SCB.

If Morris does get his wish, I bet you that in 2015 he will be back with Swindon, best buddies with Rosco again!

If Morris does sign for Lions & Sheffield, & Sheffield buy him & become his parent club, they would have first choice with any fixture clashes. Looking at the fixtures released today, Lions have 7 thursday meetings, the same night as Sheffield ride.This means Morris would miss a quarter of the Lions league matches, that's also not taking into account any of Sheffield's away fixtures that might clash. Has much as i would love to see Morris at Leicester missing that amount of fixtures it would be a gamble to sign him as Lions would only be able to use R/R & the reserve pair don't look the strongest in the league.

Somerset created the problem in the first place and Morris made it worse by expecting Swindon who are entirely without blame to Re-jig their team planning to suit him , he agreed to ride for Swindon and they have built a team on the strength of that, so he should honour his agreement and find secondary employment to fit with what he has committed to , Keeping in mind of course that the situation with Swindon is entirely of Moriss's making

Edited by jim the whipper

If Morris does sign for Lions & Sheffield, & Sheffield buy him & become his parent club, they would have first choice with any fixture clashes. Looking at the fixtures released today, Lions have 7 thursday meetings, the same night as Sheffield ride.This means Morris would miss a quarter of the Lions league matches, that's also not taking into account any of Sheffield's away fixtures that might clash. Has much as i would love to see Morris at Leicester missing that amount of fixtures it would be a gamble to sign him as Lions would only be able to use R/R & the reserve pair don't look the strongest in the league.

At a guess one of them would be Thurs at Swindon :-)

Edited by TMW

If Jason Doyle is granted his visa, because he is a doubling up rider who has first call on him when there is a fixture clash between Lions and Somerset

I would think Somerset as they signed him first.

Edited by A ORLOV

If Jason Doyle is granted his visa, because he is a doubling up rider who has first call on him when there is a fixture clash between Lions and Somerset

Somerset.

If thats the case looking at the fixtures he may miss between 10 and 12 fixtures

You signed him..

If thats the case looking at the fixtures he may miss between 10 and 12 fixtures

Lets hope he don't get a visa then. The moaning would be unbearable specially if we lose when he is missing

Edited by TMW

Does anybody no if there is any truth in the rumor that Alan Jones is giving up his post as the co promoter

I heard this too but not sure how true it is plus is mr Darcy still involved ?