British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Whilst this is poor planning from Doyle, potentially very sensible from DH not to complete the line up. I would assume that Doyle's situation was known when he signed and so by keeping the last rider clear can give options.

Whilst I am happy with the line up and the inclusion of Doyle in particular, I was disappointed that there was no room for one of last years team. If Doyle can't get a Visa that would give us a chance to include Bjerre, Doolan, Nemo or MK and have a potential bigger hitter as a No 1. If DH has left rider 5 blank as a cover option, then he would have had 6 weeks or so to assess what is available.

When will the situation regarding Doyle be finalised?

I'm just wondering where all these big hitters are, the ones who haven't already been snapped up by other teams, or haven't ruled themselves out of racing in the UK, or have other commitments that prevent them racing regularly for a Saturday track.

I'm just wondering where all these big hitters are, the ones who haven't already been snapped up by other teams, or haven't ruled themselves out of racing in the UK, or have other commitments that prevent them racing regularly for a Saturday track.

It just about sums up our luck really :-(

It just about sums up our luck really :-(

Surely your promotion knew that Doyle may have an invalid Visa before signing him tho??

Surely your promotion knew that Doyle may have an invalid Visa before signing him tho??

Doesn't really matter does it. Still have the problem of finding a replacement.

Also Somerset signed him.

I'm a glass half fall kind of person so I'd like to think not

Whilst this is poor planning from Doyle, potentially very sensible from DH not to complete the line up. I would assume that Doyle's situation was known when he signed and so by keeping the last rider clear can give options.

Whilst I am happy with the line up and the inclusion of Doyle in particular, I was disappointed that there was no room for one of last years team. If Doyle can't get a Visa that would give us a chance to include Bjerre, Doolan, Nemo or MK and have a potential bigger hitter as a No 1. If DH has left rider 5 blank as a cover option, then he would have had 6 weeks or so to assess what is available.

When will the situation regarding Doyle be finalised?

Declaring a foreign rider in a team, when that rider does not have the required permit at the time of the declaration, is against BSPA rules and if the rumours about Doyle are true, Leicester could potentially get their wrists slapped - and claiming ignorance is not acceptable, the club has a responsibility to ensure they know for certain about a rider's status, even though the rider could have been personally negligient. The same will therefore apply to Somerset. But at least they can re-instate Morris, if he wants to return there of course after the way he was treated (innocent victim of incompetence).

Declaring a foreign rider in a team, when that rider does not have the required permit at the time of the declaration, is against BSPA rules and if the rumours about Doyle are true, Leicester could potentially get their wrists slapped - and claiming ignorance is not acceptable, the club has a responsibility to ensure they know for certain about a rider's status, even though the rider could have been personally negligient. The same will therefore apply to Somerset. But at least they can re-instate Morris, if he wants to return there of course after the way he was treated (innocent victim of incompetence).

Incorrect he would need a job before he could apply for a Visa BSPA need to revisit their procedures

Incorrect he would need a job before he could apply for a Visa BSPA need to revisit their procedures

Well I;m just taking from what it says on the BSPA website. Surely a job can be offered & accepted first, then get the visa, then be delcared in the team is the sequence?

Well I;m just taking from what it says on the BSPA website. Surely a job can be offered & accepted first, then get the visa, then be delcared in the team is the sequence?

.....the job offer in this case having been with Somerset

.....the job offer in this case having been with Somerset

It's all very sad if you ask me. If they hadn't announced it till now the supporters of both clubs would have had their promoters in stocks by now you need to announce who your number 1 is going to be alternatively not offer him a job at all and the BSPA's rules don't seem to be all that helpful. Maybe promoters will be more diligent next year. The rules on Visas have just recently change and we appear to have been caught out. Having said that. I am going to wait for the official line rather than 'whispers'

Does anybody no if there is any truth in the rumor that Alan Jones is giving up his post as the co promoter

Alan Jones appears to still be a co-promoter on 21st Jan as he is quoted on the Leicester web site.

Jason Doyle stated in Speedway Star that he had no team place when his visa ran out therefore he couldn't renew it.

Edited by Fanmale

The country is over-crowded as it is, Bend the rules for Doyle and you will need to bend them for thousands more.

Sorry Jason but you can re-apply again next year.

Failure to prepare, prepare to fail

• Like 1

If that's true then I guess Jason really has only himself to blame as it has happened to Aussies before & Troy Batchelor said he had to stay in Britain till December to make sure he was ok.

Doesn't hurt does it. A few weeks for a seasons pay...

A few people have mentioned replacing Doyle with Morris at Somerset. They are not a like for like swap - Doyle has an extra point on his average and has the experience of riding as a number 1 and being one if the top averaged riders in the league.

Alan Jones appears to still be a co-promoter on 21st Jan as he is quoted on the Leicester web site.

Jason Doyle stated in Speedway Star that he had no team place when his visa ran out therefore he couldn't renew it.

What is your point? I said that he couldn't apply for a new one until he had a job. That's standard you can't apply for a visa until you have a job.