British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Pretty much is a black leg! Pirates decorated the black bottoms a few seasons ago too. Lions gear looks smart.

Fair point Teemy, but it makes them sound a wee bit like my grandaughter and her boyfriends - you cannae keep up with who she's with from one year to the next

Yes I guess we could all use a bit more commitment !!! It's all so easy come easy go nowadays

No wonder , hardly anybody posts on here any more , can't we get back to something interesting like which section of the BSPA site the new sponsor announcement is on , I'm sure Hurricanes can go at least another 4 pages , then once cornered he can wheel out the old anti Hemsley /Leicester jibes

• Like 1

It would be nice to see on the Lions web site what is actually going on at BP. They have told us about the new sponsers and the new Kelvars. But still the most imortant issue has not been mentioned and that is who is the last rider or who are the last 2 riders if Jason Doyle fails to get his Visa.

We are now in Febuarry and thje new season will soon be upon us. So why all the big huss huss ?????.

And are we having a team manager or not. Be a little unwise in the Elite League without one. !!!!!

I am sure by now the powers above know all the answers to these questions.

It would be nice to see on the Lions web site what is actually going on at BP. They have told us about the new sponsers and the new Kelvars. But still the most imortant issue has not been mentioned and that is who is the last rider or who are the last 2 riders if Jason Doyle fails to get his Visa.

We are now in Febuarry and thje new season will soon be upon us. So why all the big huss huss ?????.

And are we having a team manager or not. Be a little unwise in the Elite League without one. !!!!!

Presumably Speedway Star is where you'll find anything more and even then whatever "news" is released will be carefully limited.

• Like 1

On Team, Nothing to announce till last riders signed or Doyle Visa sorted is there?

Doyle will only ride for Leicester next year Somerset have just confirmed.

This should hopefully confirm him as an EL only rider in future and prevent him from doubling down. It was ludicrous that a rider with his EL average was permitted to continue riding in the PL these last few years by virtue of the fact that he beat a cut-off!

So Somerset can fit in Morris now.

So Somerset can fit in Morris now.

No they have signed Proctor.

• Like 1

No they have signed Proctor.

I did not know that, good signing for Somerset.

On Lions Facebook Page.

Jason Doyle's return moves closer to a solution

The doubts surrounding the return of Jason Doyle to ride in the UK are now diminishing as there is a glimmer of hope that he may be allowed back into the country to work. Two weeks after signing to ride for Leicester it became known that Doyle’s application was turned down which left the club in a quandary as to the best course of action to take. Leicester decided to wait and see what developed rather than panic and look for a new number one and their wait appears to be paying off.

Promoter David Hemsley who has been championing Jason’s cause had this to say : “I have been in constant contact with Jason since it was first known that his Tier 2 (Sportsperson) application had been declined and have also been liaising with the UK Border Agency and the BSPA in an effort to bring the situation to a satisfactory conclusion for all parties. Discussions are still ongoing and progress is being made towards allowing Jason back into the UK on a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting) Sponsorship. In such circumstances caution is the key word but we are doing everything possible and hopefully I will soon be in a position to confirm that Jason Doyle will be leading the Lions in 2014.”

Edited by nightshift

Yes, but what about this year? That's the problem. :D

• Like 1

Only if he can get a tier 5 visa.

Leave it in the capable hands of Keith Vaz to fix that one :lol:

• Like 2