British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

OK, I'll say Emil Heskey, sorry Sayfutdinov, then, He's Russian, would certainly be a major signing. I don't know if he plays guitar or if his girlfriend's Latvian or attractive, and he may even be related to Mrs Hemsley? This all sounds exciting doesn't it? It's begining to look alot like Christmas .... hey, that's it... Santa!

• Like 1

I am not sure if Lassie will be able to make it at no.2. From what I remember of him riding in the EL he was pretty inconsistant. It would be nice to see him make the grade, with a few good meetings under his belt it could be the making of him.

He may even get to make a place in the GP's come a year or two's timje.

It seems like we will be having half a new Lions team by the middle of the season. With a bit of luck and a few more of the right riders, we should start to slowly move up the league table.

good to see leicester speedway on tv tonight. (G.P.). now everyone knows how the track rides..

I was thinking that when I watched it as the shape looks pretty much the same. :neutral:

................................................... and I don't think they chuck people in the tower of London anymore .

In this particular instance I sincerely wish they would, thereby leaving the whole speedway world indebted forever!!!

(not aimed at you Nightshift, but the individual to whom you were replying :-)

As everyone's playing 'guess the rider' I'll go for Artem Laguta. The promoter used to talk about him as far back as 2010.

Edited by LionsDen

It is that time again just sit back and wait and see. We will all know by the end of the next couple of weeks no doubt.

Just wished they could just come out and tell everyone what was going on why all the secrets. It is more like being in the MI5 instead of being a speedway club. Where the fans pay to help keep the club afloat.

I am sure they should be more open and let thing know what is happening.

Cos until the contract is signed things could go ** up!!

• Like 1

Why's everyone guessing? It is Artem Laguta.

Terms agreed, paperwork pending. He's struggled to get into the UK before so this could be the stumbling block.

Terms agreed, paperwork pending. He's struggled to get into the UK before so this could be the stumbling block.

How about because they don't know? You ask the question as if the answer's common knowledge. Appologies for not sharing your wisdom but this has made a change from posting about the BP track. ;)

Hope you're right......just been looking at his scores on speedwayresults.com, very rarely scores under double figures in the top polish and Swedish leagues.

If they can get Artem Laguta over here its brilliant news for Leicester and British Speedway.

• Like 1

If we are looking at 2 it could be the Klitschko brothers. 2 real heavyweights.