British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Been better to have kept Perry Liked the lad, from the day I watched him in practice. Wish him the best of luck and even as a Lions fan I hope he gets another chance with another EL team and comes and sticks it up the Lions.

Just checked out Toms face book and Twitter page and he has not mentioned anywhere that he has been dropped.

Its all over his facebook page.

Been better to have kept Perry Liked the lad, from the day I watched him in practice. Wish him the best of luck and even as a Lions fan I hope he gets another chance with another EL team and comes and sticks it up the Lions.

Tbh they normally do

Has Richard retired from speedway now?

Presume he has

• Like 1

don't we all??

No

• Like 2

Tom seemed to be ok getting second and third places, but possibly wasn't winning often enough in heats 2 and 9.

Bates could well improve matters a bit in this respect, but also he could be more prone to finishing last, or not finishing at all. Swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

I've read Hougaard's statement and it's disappointing. The number 5 team position doesn't appear to have as much responsibility in terms of being the more "senior partner" in races compared with No.1 and No.3, and in terms of opposition riders faced. And I'm not sure about publicly admitting you're lacking confidence - that could only give more confidence to your opponents??

It shows how vital mental toughness and resilience is to becoming and staying a top dog. Thankfully Jason Doyle seems to have these qualities, hopefully others in the team also.

When

He has arrived, it's a play on words, let me explain...

Russian = Ruskie/Rusky = Rusk = Food For The Young = Young Rider = Josh Bates!!

Zimplez!!

• Like 2

Not enjoying the "Elite?" League at all.

Too many guests!

Most teams are hybrid Premier/National League level with 1 or possibly 2 riders who can genuinely be called "Elite"!

The ridiculous Draft System...what that all about?....The cream will always rise to the top....most of the lads hogging the reserve berths will never be much better than they are now!

"Racing" no better than previous seasons(I know that's down to the crap track)!

I would definitely have rather stayed in the Premier.......far better product!

• Like 1

Too many guests!

Most teams are hybrid Premier/National League level with 1 or possibly 2 riders who can genuinely be called "Elite"!

The ridiculous Draft System...what that all about?....The cream will always rise to the top....most of the lads hogging the reserve berths will never be much better than they are now!

Agree

• Like 1

Rick Frost did warn the Lions.

Warn them.........more accurately he stitched them up 12 months previously !!!

Too many guests!

Agree