British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Guys, rather than quote posts and just type 'agree' you can click the 'like this' button on the original post :)

Guys, rather than quote posts and just type 'agree' you can click the 'like this' button on the original post :)

Yea but its not so much fun ;)

Agreed

• Like 4

I agree but on this one we will have to agree to disagree

When I tell people at work that I go to watch the Speedway at Leicester quite a few of them say they used to go to watch in the Blackbird Road days and suggest they might take a meeting in.......my response has always been to say "don't bother until they alter the track"........that's potential punters put off going......now if other supporters are saying the same thing that's hardly going to bring in more fans is it?

Listen to the fans(customers).It's a National laughing stock!

CHANGE THE BLOODY TRACK BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!.

Edited by mrcts
  • Like 3

Ipswich radically changed our track after 35 years because the track was narrow and difficult to pass as the bikes had got faster.

It improved things no end coincidently with joining the PL.

yes it did cost a lot of money but could we have afforded not to change ?

Leicester has a lovely stadium but the worst track in the country by a mile.

You must change the track before you lose the remaining fans.

When I tell people at work that I go to watch the Speedway at Leicester quite a few of them say they used to go to watch in the Blackbird Road days and suggest they might take a meeting in.......my response has always been to say "don't bother until they alter the track"........that's potential punters put off going......now if other supporters are saying the same thing that's hardly going to bring in more fans is it?

Listen to the fans(customers).It's a National laughing stock!

CHANGE THE BLOODY TRACK BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!.

I'd be too embarrassed and too considerate of others to encourage anybody new to try it.

• Like 1

That's the sad part,you wouldn't take someone to Leicester speedway for them to fork out that amount of money knowing they would be very lucky to see a good race.

People said they waited 28 years for speedway to return to Leicester I think it must now be 32 years since the last good speedway meeting happened in Leicester ;)

I wonder if Norrie,Glyn and the riders could persuade Hemsley the benefits of changing the track,surely the riders want a circuit where they have a chance at least to pass another rider ......it's their living after all and points make prizes!

When I see racers like Simon Stead and Lasse Bjerre struggling to get anywhere near affecting a pass,it can't be right!

100% Mads would!

Edited by Trees

Haha Love all these comments . I would say told you so , but I'd rather accept them as long overdue apologies :rofl:

• Like 1

Perhaps riding at Leicester has improved Mads' gating skills though? He knows he HAS to make the gate there.

He's made it through the SGP qualifier today I see. Nice work Mads!

Haha Love all these comments . I would say told you so , but I'd rather accept them as long overdue apologies :rofl:

Edited by mrcts