British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Unfortunately you will now need guests on 21/06 v Swindon

Plus one for Hougaard, maybe.

I read DH bleating in the paper yesterday about the guests' performances on Saturday, and getting more "hungry" ones next time.

Hungry!! They'll need to be frigging starving to want to show up and ride for him.

• Like 3

Plus one for Hougaard, maybe.

I read DH bleating in the paper yesterday about the guests' performances on Saturday, and getting more "hungry" ones next time.

Hungry!! They'll need to be frigging starving to want to show up and ride for him.

Couldn't believe what I was reading...DH slagging off a man of Peter Karlsson's standing in the sport. Very poor.

Couldn't believe what I was reading...DH slagging off a man of Peter Karlsson's standing in the sport. Very poor.

I bet cost a lot of money to persuade him to ride though.

And I bet he won't again. :wink:

Poor judgment on Leicester's part to opt for PK at the ultimate gater's paradise. And to then slag him off in the press for his efforts is a disgrace.

All of this negative talk of Leicester's Great Leader reminds me of a promoter of yesteryear, who shall remain nameless.

He, too, created an awful shaped track where racing was over after the second bend of lap 1.

Legend has it that he used to roll off his wife after about 7 seconds, to which she would always lie "oh, that was wonderful, darling".

Being the recipient of repeated praise for such a brief performance, he naturally concluded that speedway supporters' enjoyment needs were also easily met.

I wonder if there is a current-day promoter with a similar approach? ;)

• Like 2

I see sky have bitten the bullet and decided to take the cameras to Leicester V Eastbourne on the 14th July. Not too sure what Kelv and Nige will think of it, one thing for sure, I'll be watching it later with the remote ready at 1st lap 2nd bend.

• Like 2

All of this negative talk of Leicester's Great Leader reminds me of a promoter of yesteryear, who shall remain nameless.

He, too, created an awful shaped track where racing was over after the second bend of lap 1.

Legend has it that he used to roll off his wife after about 7 seconds, to which she would always lie "oh, that was wonderful, darling".

Being the recipient of repeated praise for such a brief performance, he naturally concluded that speedway supporters' enjoyment needs were also easily met.

I wonder if there is a current-day promoter with a similar approach? ;)

7 seconds wow I wish it was that quick,it usually takes that to think about it,then a couple of hours trying to convince the missus to do it by that time the urge has gone.Best not to bother eh

I see sky have bitten the bullet and decided to take the cameras to Leicester V Eastbourne on the 14th July. Not too sure what Kelv and Nige will think of it, one thing for sure, I'll be watching it later with the remote ready at 1st lap 2nd bend.

I think they may have picked that meeting because bjarne pedersen's excellent gating skills, coupled with his almost unique lines around the bp bends, means he looks to me to be one of the only decent EL riders who look likely to be passed at bp! That's not to say anyone has ever passed him though! That would need clarifying..

It would be even better if sudden Sam was there instead of Tatum as I am sure his comments would be interesting.

• Like 1

I am actually looking forward to this!!

I have yet to see a meeting from Leicester and will be good to see for myself after reading so much about it.

It would be even better if sudden Sam was there instead of Tatum as I am sure his comments would be interesting.

More interesting than the 'racing' that's for sure. "Woah! Did you see that Nige? That tractor just passed that other tractor"..........

• Like 2

I bet cost a lot of money to persuade him to ride though.

Looked as though PK wasn't confirmed until early afternoon before the match and there had been no advance naming of a guest for JD.

So it could be that PK was playing hardball over money, knowing Leicester were in a tight spot, and held out for his own terms (maybe taking some advice from his brother!). Which he'd be perfectly entitled to do.

DH spitting out his dummy in the press was possibly as much to do with PK's points score as feeling like he was done over financially!

And when he says in future he'll get "hungrier" guests, he probably really means "cheaper".

So I wonder who we'll see on Saturday 21st, then ??

I think they may have picked that meeting because bjarne pedersen's excellent gating skills, coupled with his almost unique lines around the bp bends, means he looks to me to be one of the only decent EL riders who look likely to be passed at bp! That's not to say anyone has ever passed him though! That would need clarifying..

Jason passed him this year at BP! Unfortunately, Bjarne repassed him.

Jason passed him this year at BP! Unfortunately, Bjarne repassed him.

I thought there was no overtaking at Leicester?

• Like 1