British Speedway Forum
Phil Silvers

Rye House V Somerset - Ko Cup Final 2nd Leg - Sunday 06th October 2013 @ 2pm

Silly hats, balloons and party poppers imaginative? Perhaps at a kids birthday party

I think you would feel right at home at a kids party you act like one.

There were a few women wearing silly hats. If that's your idea of fun....

Beats the hell out of abusing riders that fall off, which you seem to condone. Not a very sporting lot are you?

And breath. Don't you yet know when Shadders is yanking your left one? Lets not ruin what was a friendly (by and large) and sporting meeting be ruined by silly banter that gets out of hand - even if the hats were a bit silly.

Beats the hell out of abusing riders that fall off, which you seem to condone. Not a very sporting lot are you?

Where have I condoned that?

You're not aware of the run ins I've had at away tracks when home fans have cheered when one of our riders has fallen. Only last year I was almost thrown out of the OTA by a steward after I squared up to a Somerset fan attempting to take photos of Luke Bowen lying on the track seriously injured.... Next!

I think you would feel right at home at a kids party you act like one.

That's the best you've got? Marvellous!!

You're not aware of the run ins I've had at away tracks when home fans have cheered when one of our riders has fallen. Only last year I was almost thrown out of the OTA by a steward after I squared up to a Somerset fan attempting to take photos of Luke Bowen lying on the track seriously injured.... Next! ......Looking forward to this reply!!

Edited by seanmuffe

You're not aware of the run ins I've had at away tracks when home fans have cheered when one of our riders has fallen. Only last year I was almost thrown out of the OTA by a steward after I squared up to a Somerset fan attempting to take photos of Luke Bowen lying on the track seriously injured.... Next!

Well wrong actually because the fan was not a Somerset fan but either a first timer or a fan of another club. I also had various run ins with fans but being security trained I always respect the steward. Who must do his job and remove the aggressor of which you have just confirmed was you.

no got a lot more but I'm having a joke with you, laugh once in a while. Thats what speedway is for.

Well wrong actually because the fan was not a Somerset fan but either a first timer or a fan of another club. I also had various run ins with fans but being security trained I always respect the steward. Who must do his job and remove the aggressor of which you have just confirmed was you.

no got a lot more but I'm having a joke with you, laugh once in a while. Thats what speedway is for.

no got a lot more but I'm having a joke with you, laugh once in a while. Thats what speedway is for

My face is wrinkled from constant laughter.

Unless you witnessed the incident you really shouldn't comment. For the record, the steward was relieved of his duties shortly after, which pretty much tells you all you need to know

Edited by Shadders

Pray tell us what happened then Shadders - I don't believe you've mentioned it before?? ;)

And did you also 'square up' to the Rye fan who apparently abused Nick Morris when he fell on Sunday, or does it only apply to Rye riders?

And did you also 'square up' to the Rye fan who apparently abused Nick Morris when he fell on Sunday, or does it only apply to Rye riders?

I didn't witness anyone abusing Morris when he fell. Where was this person standing? Near you I take it?

Edited by Shadders

I didn't witness anyone abusing Morris when he fell. Where was this person standing? Near you I take it?

Shadders you seem to have short term memory loss, a couple of days ago you appeared to be the font of all knowledge, I quote "Morris was no angel after that crash. Dunno who your reliable informant is, but he's not telling you the full story" ... Make your mind up mate??????...and just for the record my reliable informant is Nick Morris, he doesn't take fools lightly...thank god he doesn't go to Rye House often... :party: .

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

Shadders you seem to have short term memory loss, a couple of days ago you appeared to be the font of all knowledge, I quote "Morris was no angel after that crash. Dunno who your reliable informant is, but he's not telling you the full story" ... Make your mind up mate??????...and just for the record my reliable informant is Nick Morris, he doesn't take fools lightly...thank god he doesn't go to Rye House often... :party: .

I never reveal my sources ;)

Re nick Morris - somebody has forgotten to mention that the Rye fans applauded him all the way back to the pits. Oh no of course that would mean you saying something good about us.

I think it's safe to say that I was further from the incident than yourself - by about 120 miles i would imagine - hence the term 'apparently' in my post. I am simply going by the reports/comments I have read/heard - including your own previous posts!

But carry on standing up to the idiots who cheer when a rider falls - whether it be Rye or not - we can do without them :t:

But carry on standing up to the idiots who cheer when a rider falls - whether it be Rye or not - we can do without them :t:

Agreed

My face is wrinkled from constant laughter.

Unless you witnessed the incident you really shouldn't comment. For the record, the steward was relieved of his duties shortly after, which pretty much tells you all you need to know

Mine is too as I did witness the incident as I asked the steward in question if he needed help, I am a steward myself and hold an sia badge so please don't tell me what is wrong or right in this matter. He was right to remove the aggressor

Edited by rebelwonderkid