British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

It's unreal that even given Starmans lack of brain cells that he can't understand the issue and the club having no control over that .

No, I do understand it, but its a completely stupid ruling given the area round Perry Barr.

No, I do understand it, but its a completely stupid ruling given the area round Perry Barr.

You don't say . The master strikes again .
  • Like 1

You don't say . The master strikes again .

Yep, I do actually.

A condition of entry to any establishment is you agree to abide by it's rules. I would have thought that any member of this forum, being that committed to the sport, would know Brum have a air horn ban. I've never been tp Perry Barr but was aware of it. Now assuming that the club shop there doesn't sell them, they must have been bought into the track from outside. Who was checking? Not beyond the wit of the Brum promotion to anticipate it at such a high profile match surely? As for Poole fans ignoring requests to stop, dishing out abuse, idiots. No one's covered themselves in glory on either side.

• Like 1

Of course its a stupid ruling. That isn't the issue. You and some of your fellow Poole fans fail to see that the promotion or the fans have nothing at all to do with that ruling.

There may be a reason why in 6 seasons why the ruling hasnt been over-turned, have you at least not even considered that before you made some claims that is could and should be over-turned??

It is like i said if you know all the issues (which you do know as they have been pointed out time and time again) regarding the issues of the residents and part of the rulings surroundings being able to run you and some of your fellow Poole fans wouldn't make such a big deal about being asked NOT to use air horns in the stadium and wouldn't try and rationalize reasons why it would easily be over turned if challenged.

By simply accepting thems the rules of attending it would everyones life a little easier - and possibly make some of your comments and those of your fellow excusers slightly bearable and perhaps, dare i say it, a little humbled to be in a much more privileged position.

• Like 2

Why do Poole fans make things so hard for themselves on here.

Air Horns are banned at Perry Barr

Some, not all, mindless Poole fans took exception to that and just mocked the Birmingham fans.

Instead (apart from one) of condeming their own fans for their reaction they actually defend it!!

You cant make up the world some Poole fans live in!!

• Like 2

Of course its a stupid ruling. That isn't the issue.

That is the issue

That is the issue

It isn't an issue, its a ruling/condition.

Edited by stevebrum

It isn't an issue, its a ruling/condition.

Now who's changing things to suit. It is the issue.

I thought the smoking ban was a stupid rule and had a major issue with it. I did, however, abide by it. That's the difference.

• Like 1

I have to give it to you Starman, you're making yourself look even more stupdi than normal. That's quite a feat even for you!

• Like 7

I am a Poole fan and was stood near the women using the air horn, a Brimingham steward asked her not to use it and told her they were banned but she took no notice? I think she should have been thown out -end of problem. I moved away as I was ashamed to be near her. but apart from her all the other fans seemed ok and had a good bit of banter with the Brimingham fans, Just for the record I think most proper fans would have kown there was an air-horn ban at Brimingham.

I have to give it to you Starman, you're making yourself look even more stupdi than normal. That's quite a feat even for you!

:D Just stating my case.. obviously you can't see it either, but then again, what do I expect from the anti poole brigade..

Edited by Starman2006

So it just a few days since the final and everyone is still raving about the spectacular nail biting end to an exhilarating EL season..... Oh no sorry I got that wrong - its endless pages of pantomime style oh yes it is oh no it isn't 'debate' about whether an air horn ban is 'an issue'. No wonder the sport is struggling. To have any chance EVERYONE from the occasional fan to the chair of the management committee needs to pull together rather than bicker with petty point scoring.

• Like 1

Now who's changing things to suit. It is the issue.

I am changing nothing, just stating the obvious................................. on the other hand i am surprised you are still standing with all that digging you are trying to do.

I repeat - the use of air horns ISNT an issue. It is the condition of running Speedway at the stadium.

Seeing as you seem to have such an issue with it its best you write to the Birmingham council to express `you're issue` - its only fair you give them a laugh as well.