British Speedway Forum

I wonder if the delay is that Leicester have offered Nermark more money if they can use him instead of Doyle hence waiting till that is resolved

if its not Nermark maybe its Seb for brums last rider. not back at lakeside and no gp`s for him anymore

Adam Skornicki won a meeting at Gillman Australia yesterday, not a lot of top opposition but he is racing.

This was part of a meeting where they had solo racing, sidecars, quads and juniors.

38 heats of racing in one meeting for 25 Aus dollars which is £13. 65, not bad value.

The junior part of the meeting was cancelled due to the temp reaching 42 degrees

Edited by A ORLOV

if its not Nermark maybe its Seb for brums last rider. not back at lakeside and no gp`s for him anymore

Average too high sadly

Im sorry but you lot think we have nermark joining our merry band.

I myself dont think so,because if you follow link below you will find

he is riding for munkebo in the danish league ,that run most fixtures

on a wednesday night,i have counted at least 9 fixtures for munkebo

on a wednesday there might be more.Now do you think the brummies

will want to sign him if he will miss that many home matches????????

I think we will end up with Lahti/Anderssen/or possibly Tully,as i dont

think he has signed for any club.

http://www.aktuellspeedway.se/lag/munkebo/2014/

Im sorry but you lot think we have nermark joining our merry band.

I myself dont think so,because if you follow link below you will find

he is riding for munkebo in the danish league ,that run most fixtures

on a wednesday night,i have counted at least 9 fixtures for munkebo

on a wednesday there might be more.Now do you think the brummies

will want to sign him if he will miss that many home matches????????

I think we will end up with Lahti/Anderssen/or possibly Tully,as i dont

think he has signed for any club.

http://www.aktuellspeedway.se/lag/munkebo/2014/

I believe Tully has retired?

In my view if it's not Dennis Andersson then we might have well stuck with Covatti. Nico is as good as Lahti; he knows Perry Barr, fits in with most of the other riders and he is a fans favourite. Can't see anyone else who it is worth the effort signing in place of Nico, unless Drury is going to bring in a new rider with bags of potential on a 5 point average (not going to happen).

maybe its Seb for brums last rider. not back at lakeside and no gp`s for him anymore

Its been no GP`s for Seb for several years now!

Anyone know anything about the selco classic ? Who's competing etc...

I don't think any details have been announced by the club yet.

I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be 12 riders (7 Brummies + 5 friends) in a meeting where you have 12 races to eliminate 4 riders!

A quality line-up will hopefully encourage a decent crowd and get the season off to a good start, a "poor" meeting will cause more damage to the club than having no meeting at all.

• Like 1

Anyone know anything about the selco classic ? Who's competing etc...

Is the Selco meeting in doubt in the same way that Selco's continuing sponsorship of the team is in doubt?

In my view if it's not Dennis Andersson then we might have well stuck with Covatti. Nico is as good as Lahti; he knows Perry Barr, fits in with most of the other riders and he is a fans favourite. Can't see anyone else who it is worth the effort signing in place of Nico, unless Drury is going to bring in a new rider with bags of potential on a 5 point average (not going to happen).

Given a choice of Lahti, Andersson and Covatti I'd have Andersson last. Never seen anything in him. Lahti would probably get the highest average but Covatti is more exciting and a Brummies asset and wont get much less.

Joe McLaughlan the ex-commercial manager of Birmingham speedway has recently had some extensive surgery and is under a great deal of stress recovering from the operation. I kindly ask that no reference to him is made on the forum in the future.

Thank you.

PS. If you notice someone has accidentally made reference to him in the future please report it.

• Like 2

Phil - with respect, you stood by and allowed Birmingham officials including their press guy / mic man and their family members amongst others to slander Andy Povey when he was seriously ill in December, so why is McLaughlin getting preferential treatment on here? Accusations levelled against Povey and AP Media by some should have been referred to a solicitor I reckon. Have a look, brummies website thread.

I've have enough of the s***storm at the Brummies this winter now, can we leave both it and references to people who played their part in it in the past ?, those talking about the ex commercial manager are just inciting different emotions out of other posters on the matter where it's already passed, right or wrong, no amount of hot air on here will change that, other than get a heated debate.