British Speedway Forum

Just noticed that Somerset host there leg of the play off final a week on Monday, as I am in the area it is my intention to attend, can anyone kindly advise of parking facilities and places to eat either in stadium or outside ?

• Like 1

Parking is a quid in a field directly outside the stadium Mr sensible. Reasonable food inside (the gates open nice and early at 6pm so plenty of time for scoff! If you are tempted by some Somerset scrumpy, check out Rich's scrumpy farm adjacent to the stadium. All sign posted and well worth a visit!

Parking is a quid in a field directly outside the stadium Mr sensible. Reasonable food inside (the gates open nice and early at 6pm so plenty of time for scoff! If you are tempted by some Somerset scrumpy, check out Rich's scrumpy farm adjacent to the stadium. All sign posted and well worth a visit!

You said it all... :t:

Just to confirm what other have said - you have to pay £1 to park in a field full of sheep rubbish. There is no other option. But the food in the stadium makes up for it, good food at a decent price.

Just to confirm what other have said - you have to pay £1 to park in a field full of sheep rubbish. There is no other option. But the food in the stadium makes up for it, good food at a decent price.

You going Shawn?

You going Shawn?

I am tempted but I know I'll decide at the last minute I can't be bothered. Might see what the score is after the first leg. 6-12 points in it and I'll be more tempted to go.

I am tempted but I know I'll decide at the last minute I can't be bothered. Might see what the score is after the first leg. 6-12 points in it and I'll be more tempted to go.

Okay,I`ll let you know if I need to scrounge a lift off you if you`re going.... :lol:

Thanks for all the responses, looking forward to a good nights racing at what I am informed is one of the best racetracks in the country?

Just praying for dry weather now.

I can assure you that no sheep are ever in the car park fields any more as the gates to the A38 are open most of the day and night.

I will agree that the food is superb at the Oaktree.

I am also happy to provide weather updates from 10am until about 3pm next Monday ** as i am due at work on site next door to the track. PM me and i will let you have a number to call/text.

** subject to Mrs Drew not deciding that our son should be born that day.

Edited by drew2
  • Like 1

going straight to bristol airport after the meeting, getting quoted £40 for a taxi from OTA. Does that sound reasonable? looked at trains and they were £16 a head and take a lot longer so think we are going for it.

• Like 1

** subject to Mrs Drew not deciding that our son should be born that day.

so Drew Christian name of son must be either Jason; Kyle; Nick; Alex; Josh; Charles. our perhaps all names to be used suggest you nip down and register before she notices you have vanished

• Like 1

COACHMAN. If any Edinburgh suporters would want a lift back to the Bristol airport after the meeting.. go in the pits before 7.00 .go up to the riders tea room ..and ask for Dave..[ iwear a red overalls ] and I see if I can help you. .. I.M FREE..

• Like 1

Website states that food and bars are open from 5.30 for this meeting. Just need to keep an eye on the weather.