British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Kent Kings 2014

Gustix.

The topic and my comments are about the general issue of the current state of british speedway and some specific examples I can speak about from personal experience. Hence why it's in the general section.

I only deal in facts and used Kent Kings experiences as an example about the problems the sport is suffering from.

No doubt some will say I'm knocking the promotion again, I wasn't, I was giving examples.

• Like 1

Gustix.

The topic and my comments are about the general issue of the current state of british speedway and some specific examples I can speak about from personal experience. Hence why it's in the general section.

I only deal in facts and used Kent Kings experiences as an example about the problems the sport is suffering from.

No doubt some will say I'm knocking the promotion again, I wasn't, I was giving examples.

Thank you Nikko. I understand your views fully, but there were comments relating to Kent Kings that I though NL followers may be interested in. Hence my cross forum reference.

I must say that I was surprised by your observations in regard to management attitudes and what happened at Kent Kigs during the summer months.

In regard to the website, it does tend to make you wonder how management really regard those who attend their meetings. I found your comments thought provoking but cannot say I was all that surprised if the person you refer to is the one I think it is.

I have to say though that I do not think it is accurate to say that our crowds reduced all year. There were very healthy sized crowds right up to the end of the campaign - the crowd at the closing meeting was very good despite the weather affecting things by then and despite it being an 'individual' which are often turn-offs at many other tracks.

Derek, did you see the figures week in, week out? No you didn't.

Were you at every meeting so you can make an educated guess? No you were not.

The last few meetings were poorly attended and serious conversations took place about them.

I think the Kent Kings can be a MASSIVE success and hopefully with a few changes next season, it will be.

The fans certainly deserve that.

Edited by Nikko

Why do Kent have to have Len and Blakie ? They'll be the death of the place.

Exactly.My view entirely.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see if Roger were to make the decision to go it alone this coming season, then there would only be one promoter to point the finger at. The plethora of promoters last season, two named and the hangers-on, no doubt led to a lot of insider bitching, never a good thing.

One known and respected promoter is all that is needed, provided he / she has a good team of backroom advisers, to gain the trust of the punters as well as the riders and other track staff.

• Like 1

Would be interesting to see how Roger would do it if on his own.

• Like 1

Would be interesting to see how Roger would do it if on his own.

The Rye Website hints at a Raiders team return to the NL in 2014 - Where would that leave the kings promotion?

The Rye Website hints at a Raiders team return to the NL in 2014 - Where would that leave the kings promotion?

With a bit of luck Roger making his own way in which case it would truly become Kent Kings. Rules dictated that Roger had to have an experienced Promoter alongside of him for last season, a pity it became a bit dictatorial. I am sure that if the club was left to run without the outside influences then whatever the outcomes it will be of their own makings.

At least trackside we are in need of a new clerk of the course, unless Paul has a rethink, also a team manager would have to be recruited. Any thoughts!

Paul Hurry having previously been mentioned on this site, not sure if he is still linked with Lakeside, would be a great asset.

No Benji Compton, going by what he has been saying on Facebook. That's a real shame IMO as I thought he would let fly in 2014.

Edited by whistlegang

Parsloes - i am having difficulty in private messaging you..... can you do some housekeeping in your inbox!

Edited by whistlegang