British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Kent Kings 2014

Do we know for sure last seasons jackets will not be used again?

Cant see how they can be, they have changed the logo and the font so the racejackets dont match the new "image".

Hopefully one of the Kings Press Officers will give an offiicial response?

Parsloes?

Do we know for sure last seasons jackets will not be used again?

Don't all teams get new race jackets every year as more often than not they are auctioned or sponsored etc....

Cant see how they can be, they have changed the logo and the font so the racejackets dont match the new "image".

Parsloes?

Perhaps Parsloes does not know, which would not surprise me in the least after last seasons cloak and dagger affair. Think some of us have put two and two together.

Edited by IAN2

The new website is a lot better than the old from an aesthetic point of view. Whether it will be as good as the last site was in terms of being up to date remains to be seen.

Most clubs change race jackets each season. The Kings' 2013 jackets looked as if they were made then the CTA Fire branding was added after? Perhaps as it appears they are continuing their backing of the side there will be race jackets with CTA's logo on them. A logo is a big part of brand identity so it's important that as sponsors their logo is seen on the race jackets.

• Like 2

The new website is a lot better than the old from an aesthetic point of view. Whether it will be as good as the last site was in terms of being up to date remains to be seen.

Most clubs change race jackets each season. The Kings' 2013 jackets looked as if they were made then the CTA Fire branding was added after? Perhaps as it appears they are continuing their backing of the side there will be race jackets with CTA's logo on them. A logo is a big part of brand identity so it's important that as sponsors their logo is seen on the race jackets.

As the person who signed CTA Fire to the 2 year deal as Team Sponsors last year, good to see their continuing.

With regards to the racejackets last year a design was made with the CTA Fire logo included ready for the racejackets, which could have been printed on the racejackets by companies such as D-Star and Devon Shirts, for example.

The promotion, however, went for the traditional "sewn" racejacket which meant you couldn't have the CTA Fire logo on it, and as someone else posted the crown was a little off. However they certainly lasted the season.

If you want to see what they would have looked like, check out the front of David Masons kevlars last season.

As regards to the website, it's down to personal opinion. Some people like the new site, many preferred the old one, as you say it will take time to see if it's updated as regularly and in as much detail as last years.

The Kings promotion have taken a different direction for 2014, a more traditional, old school promotion.

For their sake, and the great Kings fans I hope it continues the amazing start the Kings had in their first ever season.

• Like 3

Parsloes?

The official statement from the Club relating to a matter of claimed copyright of the logo etc. is now posted on the website.

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly
  • Like 3

Interesting the Kings promotion are posting confidential financial business matters on their website, and posted here by their press officer!

Also interesting they claim it would take away from the Airfence fund, when it's already bought for.

Last year Len Silver told me, never let the truth get in the way of a press release.

Get the feeling there will be a year of that for Kings fans.

Oh well, wouldn't expert anything else.

And no, I don't own the copyright.

Derek, there is no point getting into another debate on here.

No, I didn't know that why I asked the question?

Enjoy your year defending the press releases you will be given and everything the promotion do, it's what you do every year, at every club, and everyone knows it's.

Don't bother replying, I am closing my account as you typify everything that is wrong with this sport and why it's going down the pan.

An amateur trying to be something he's not.

Derek, there is no point getting into another debate on here.

No, I didn't know that why I asked the question?

Enjoy your year defending the press releases you will be given and everything the promotion do, it's what you do every year, at every club, and everyone knows it's.

Don't bother replying, I am closing my account as you typify everything that is wrong with this sport and why it's going down the pan.

An amateur trying to be something he's not.

In case you see this? Please don't leave. The "alternative voice" is always needed - even if you find yourself under fire for making such comments.

He's threatned before let him go. Hes obviously very butter because the promotion thought they could do better. Could do without the negative rubbish he puts on here anyway and telling everyone your quitting is nothing short of attention seeking.

• Like 2

He's threatned before let him go. Hes obviously very butter because the promotion thought they could do better. Could do without the negative rubbish he puts on here anyway and telling everyone your quitting is nothing short of attention seeking.

Well I have always enjoyed seeing Nikko's posts - even if I don't always agree with them. Again, it would appear that Nikko is suffering as so many do on the BSF of writing 'negative rubbish' - in other words a viewpoint that is not shared by a majority so he must be 'victimised' for his opinions.

The BSF is a forum and as such members are entitled to put their views - whether the majority agree with them or not.The trouble is when an alternative view is expressed it is condemned as 'negative rubbish' and the writer vilified and often abused.

Sadly, the open debate criteria that was ionce a feature part of the BSF is increasingly falling to the type of messages that now feature so strongly on the personal media in Facebook and Twitter for example.

Again, I say "stay on board Nikko."

As Voltaire said: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Edited by Guest

I will add one bit here, at least Nikko like some others on here, put there name to the post rather than hide behind some made up name. In my opinion a point of view has so much more weight if you can put your real name behind it.

• Like 2

No problem sharing an opinion but when theres clearly an agenda behind it becomes tiresome. As i said the continual threat to leave is nothing short of attention seeking its very easy log out and never come back so just do it.

• Like 1

Nikko's knowledge of the sport is worth listening to, as such I agree with the line of those that say this is an open forum to be used for debate. Debate is healthy and as we all know everyone is entitled to an opinion. Take sides by all means, disagree by all means. Read, digest and write comments, only ensure that they are not libellous or defamatory. The truth they say hurts no one.

• Like 2