British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Soul Crew

Credit Where Credit Is Due...

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Wolves published there season ticket prices for next season and with a guarenteed 18 meetings they are only charging £250 working out to approx just over £13 a meeting, fair play to a promotion for thinking about fans pockets, although still baffles me why a speedway season ticket is non transferable (i.e. If I am out of the country I cannot give my season ticket to a mate for that meeting)

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Wolves published there season ticket prices for next season and with a guarenteed 18 meetings they are only charging £250 working out to approx just over £13 a meeting, fair play to a promotion for thinking about fans pockets, although still baffles me why a speedway season ticket is non transferable (i.e. If I am out of the country I cannot give my season ticket to a mate for that meeting)

It is a shame because it would offer opportunity for a friend or family member, who doesn't ordinarily attend, to pop along and maybe evolve into a paying customer. However I guess the reality is that it'd most likely be passed to an existing fan and therefore lead to a loss of income for the promotion.

Edited by Tkdandy

Who would know if you passed the season on? The "non-transferable" clause is basically designed to prevent it being used twice (or more) at the same match. Is there a photo of you on the ticket - do you have to give a finger print on entry? Of course not. I wouldn't worry.

Edited by Guest

Who would now if you passed the season on? The "non-transferable" clause is basically designed to prevent it being used twice (or more) at the same match. Is there a photo of you on the ticket - do you have to give a finger print on entry? Of course not. I wouldn't worry.

Well, when I had a season ticket for the Bees, it had my photo on it!

• Like 2

Who would now if you passed the season on? The "non-transferable" clause is basically designed to prevent it being used twice (or more) at the same match. Is there a photo of you on the ticket - do you have to give a finger print on entry? Of course not. I wouldn't worry.

Erm...you have to provide two passport photos...

Who would know if you passed the season on? The "non-transferable" clause is basically designed to prevent it being used twice (or more) at the same match. Is there a photo of you on the ticket - do you have to give a finger print on entry? Of course not. I wouldn't worry.

Well, when I had a season ticket for the Bees, it had my photo on it!

Then if you cannot pass the season ticket on - you have legally paid for an admission - and cannot attend. Provided due notice is given of a non-attendance, provided the season ticket is held by the club's admin for the match you will miss, I see no reason why you should not get a pro-rata refund.

Who would know if you passed the season on?

Not looking like the bloke on the season ticket could be a bit of a clue.

Then if you cannot pass the season ticket on - you have legally paid for an admission - and cannot attend. Provided due notice is given of a non-attendance, provided the season ticket is held by the club's admin for the match you will miss, I see no reason why you should not get a pro-rata refund.

Yeah, cos if you buy a packet of 6 tomatoes and don't eat one, you can always take rotting fruit back to Tesco afterwards and say "I bought this but didn't need it, give me some money back"

• Like 6

That's fine. One photo of you, and one of your mate !!!

• Like 3

Swindon's have been transferrable for several seasons now - I think they take the view that it has been paid for so it doesn't matter if it is passed on to an existing fan

• Like 1

Not looking like the bloke on the season ticket could be a bit of a clue.

Yeah, cos if you buy a packet of 6 tomatoes and don't eat one, you can always take rotting fruit back to Tesco afterwards and say "I bought this but didn't need it, give me some money back"

If you had followed the comments fully you would have seen the comment was made before further Posts highlighted the possibility of season tickets carrying photos.

And let's face it - the tomato comment needs to be squashed!!! I was making a suggestion on how a season ticket MIGHT POSSIBLY be made if prior notice was given to the track not, as you appear to conjecture after the meeting had taken place.

Swindon's have been transferrable for several seasons now - I think they take the view that it has been paid for so it doesn't matter if it is passed on to an existing fan

That's exactly what I put forward. Well done Swindon. And duck! Some old tomatoes might be flying this way soon!

Edited by Guest

I was making a suggestion on how a season ticket MIGHT POSSIBLY be made if prior notice was given to the track not, as you appear to conjecture after the meeting had taken place.

If you have prior notice that you're going to miss matches then don't buy a season ticket - it's quite simple!

Just the same as if you've a prior knowledge that you might only eat 5 tomatoes in a week, don't buy the discounted 6 pack and whinge when you have one left over.

You can't buy a discounted season ticket for 18 meetings, turn up for 5, and then claim your money back for the other 13. That defeats the whole object of discounted bulk buying.

• Like 1

If you have prior notice that you're going to miss matches then don't buy a season ticket - it's quite simple!

Just the same as if you've a prior knowledge that you might only eat 5 tomatoes in a week, don't buy the discounted 6 pack and whinge when you have one left over.

You can't buy a discounted season ticket for 18 meetings, turn up for 5, and then claim your money back for the other 13. That defeats the whole object of discounted bulk buying.

May I suggest you let Swindon have the benefit of your expertise in regard to partial refunds on season tickets? Also, where best to plant tomatoes at Bunsdon? :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

To clarify, I don't think a partial refund could ever enter the equation! But they have quite openly promoted that you can give your season ticket to a friend or relative if for any reason you are unable to make a meeting, same as you could feed your mate a spare tomato if he's sat on the sofa doing nothing :)

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 3

May I suggest you let Swindon have the benefit of your expertise in regard to partial refunds on season tickets?

Swindon don't give partial refunds.

Even though you break forum rules by pratting about with gigantic fonts, underlines and unnecessary colour changes, you still don't seem able to read properly.

• Like 2