British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Leicester V Wolverhampton 29 March

I and many others have Been saying that from day one,the shape is wrong but hemsley won't listen as he thinks it's a superb race track that produces stunning races?

You never know if the crowds start dropping he may just well as you eloquently put it 'do as he is told'

I on the other hand would rather any spare cash was spent on a permanent stand rather than somerhing that may or may not work. A permanent stand would a big plus and would encourage more thriugh the door maybe the R 72 stand as you have made such a contribution

• Like 1

SCB has hit the nail on the head earlier in the thread, the straights need shortening and the entrance to the bends taken in to give more options.

Exactly

Has anyone seen overhead shots of Belgrave Road roundabout with the flyover now removed?

Looks like the ideal shape for a racey speedway track to me.

I wonder if the City Mayor might be persuaded?? :wink:

Would Pawlicki have scored as well as Harris on a track he hasn't ridden on before?

Who knows, but on his debut he scored a paid max at Monmore..............................................on a track he hadn't ridden before.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen overhead shots of Belgrave Road roundabout with the flyover now removed?

Looks like the ideal shape for a racey speedway track to me.

I wonder if the City Mayor might be persuaded?? :wink:

Our mayor wastes enough money on expensive granite to make the city traffic free and the Richard the Turd fiasco.

Red Hill Roundabout ?

You never know if the crowds start dropping he may just well as you eloquently put it 'do as he is told'

I on the other hand would rather any spare cash was spent on a permanent stand rather than somerhing that may or may not work. A permanent stand would a big plus and would encourage more thriugh the door maybe the R 72 stand as you have made such a contribution

Another TMW Classic :) you would rather money be spent on a permanent stand than making the track race able so the fans can be entertained.

Let's go to Leicester speedway tonight they have a lovely permanent stand,it doesn't matter about if anyone over takes because we are sat in the permanent R72 stand LOL

TMW you have again made me smile

• Like 1

So let me get this ride. Wolves score less at Leicester than a PL team did the week before and we're expected to believe they're going to be a threat for the EL title? Well maybe Peterborough should switch leagues now then!

Wolves will not make the play-offs, they won't be bad either but they won't make the play-offs.

Who said they would MAKE the play offs?

Who said they would MAKE the play offs?

If you read the various threads plenty do! :t:

Edited by stevebrum

Facing away from the track, presumably? ;)

Our mayor wastes enough money on expensive granite to make the city traffic free and the Richard the Turd fiasco.

Red Hill Roundabout ?

That's kind of D - shaped. Almost as big as Leicester Super

Wolves playoff contenders? Is someone having a laugh?

They don't have anywhere near the strength of the top teams. Scraping an away win at Leicester with a guest as top scorer means nothing. Mid table team IMO.

Mid table is 5th or 6th, so if you are slightly wrong then we could scrape 4th and come the play offs as you well know, all four start equal and anything is possible ?

Would Pawlicki have scored as well as Harris on a track he hasn't ridden on before?

Maybe he hasn't ridden an official fixture there ....... but what about training laps behind closed doors ;)

Another TMW Classic :)

TMW you have again made me smile

Well I aim to please but II didn't think it would be that easy

• Like 1

Good grief,people moaning about the lack of passing at Leicester.

watching the brummies v lakeside on bet365..not seen 1 pass yet after 7 heats.

most races strung out like a row of beans

Edited by mrcts

Ben Barker said that unfortunately Brum couldn't prepare the track how they wanted, due to the forecast of showers throughout the day, hence it was a lot slicker than normal

Ben Barker said that unfortunately Brum couldn't prepare the track how they wanted, due to the forecast of showers throughout the day, hence it was a lot slicker than normal

It didnt seem to stop Lakesides riders riding well

• Like 1

Not disputing what you say, but it is pretty desperate to try to make the racing at Leicester appear better by saying half a meeting somewhere else is worse.
  • Like 1