British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Swindon V Coventry 3/4/14

Nice little win there, lets hope its the start of things to come.

What a farce that this meeting even started! Promoters will never learn !!

• Like 1

A very poor meeting. I'm glad I saved my £17, although I lost 80p on bet365!

Was there a single pass in the whole meeting? Dreadful rubbish. Swindon were awful.

How's your Big Cow Pat of a 'track' coming on...

• Like 2

Woodward! I dont know who is or is not available but is that really the best we can get? I have stronger opinions but am really doing well to hold them back in the hope hell go there and get the 8-10 points I think Harris would get but I just cant see it. Disappointing.

Please let it rain!!! Suppose when we need a call off we wont get it.

Think you owe someone an apology !
  • Like 7

Massive surprise, but had my head in the sand - that the only rider worthy of replacing chris Harris is Cameron Woodward.

How the mighty have fallen OR have I missed the rise to stardom of the Aussie !

Massive surprise, but had my head in the sand - that the only rider worthy of replacing chris Harris is Cameron Woodward.

How the mighty have fallen OR have I missed the rise to stardom of the Aussie !

An "egg on face" moment - but am bold enough to accept my misgivings of the amazing Cameron Woodward.

Cam - you did us proud ! Looking forward now to your next booking for the Bees whenever there is a clash with a GP meeting and a missing CH.

Forum folk, I taking the Mickey out myself here - but sincere about my praise for Mr Woodward.

• Like 2

brilliant result for the bees. good to see a team this year that can start. some good team riding.

format strange in the way Andersen only has 2 races by heat 10.

• Like 1

Fantastic! Our reserves look brilliant. I make this the first meeting the NL riders have beaten the second strings? Fantastic from Woody too, thanks Cam!

Another 4 to come on Wednesday at Birmingham. Now all we need is some home meetings.

I wonder if the NL meeting will go ahead tomorrow.

brilliant result for the bees. good to see a team this year that can start. some good team riding.

format strange in the way Andersen only has 2 races by heat 10.

Away number 1s always had 2 races by heat 10 anyway?

• Like 1

Fantastic! Our reserves look brilliant. I make this the first meeting the NL riders have beaten the second strings? Fantastic from Woody too, thanks Cam!

Another 4 to come on Wednesday at Birmingham. Now all we need is some home meetings.

I wonder if the NL meeting will go ahead tomorrow.

Don`t forget the three at Poole..

• Like 1

Adam Ellis beat Nermark last night at Birmingham and he beat Klindt at home last week. Still an awesome performance from Sarjeant - I expected this from Garrity though, I think he score do this all year, while James by scoring big here and IMO, being the rider that got us the 4th point, has earned himself a get out of jail card with us fans and can justify a dodgy meeting or two now, not that I expect him to have many either.

It was an all round good team performance tbf.

Hail Cameron Woodward? Great result ?

Two reasons why speedway is nosediving in terms of popularity. I know it is the same for both teams but if the weather is that bad - why start? It wasn't ok for Poole against BV last season but it seems it's ok because Coventry take an away win!! Shocking double standards!

• Like 2

Hail Cameron Woodward? Great result ?

Two reasons why speedway is nosediving in terms of popularity. I know it is the same for both teams but if the weather is that bad - why start? It wasn't ok for Poole against BV last season but it seems it's ok because Coventry take an away win!! Shocking double standards!

The track didnt seem that bad on the bet365 feed but picture quality was average but apparently it was abandoned for visibility not the track according to a Swindon journalist. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

The great British speedway revival is on. Crowds will be flocking back after that...tickets won't be able to be printed fast enough for next week. The difference in professionalism in the sport is night and day compared to last year....

• Like 3

track was the same for both teams.

it says on twitter is was visibility that was the problem

What a farce that this meeting even started! Promoters will never learn !!

A tad harsh. The weather wasn't bad at the start - and the meeting would have got to a finish if it hadn't been for a couple of hold ups.

Frustrating performance from the Robins - need Simon to kick on from his last one and Klindt to pick things up. And maybe a quick briefing on what the black and white helmet means

• Like 5