British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Coventry V Cradley Heath (national League) 21/4/14

There's no need for personal insults and excessive sweating it's embarrassing.

I've always found anti-perspirant deodorant helpful in cases like this. :lol:

(Sorry - that was a good post really.)

• Like 2

Heat 8 it was crang in lead til he hit the rut not r.t.d

Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for reading!

disgusting behavior on both sides first time i was ashamed to call myself a heathen and coventry management should hang there heads in shame especially for goading our so called morons after they ripped us off for last meeting been called off after 6 heats they knew there was bad feeling over it and im sorry cov fans ive nothing personal against you but the way you swear on your own fb page you are not snow white yourselves but i make no excuses for some of my fellow fans behavior

• Like 1

A work colleague, who's from Wolverhampton, last went to speedway in the mid 80's. He was telling me of a few incidents involving Cradley fans, most notably some of them attempting to enter the pits to " have a word" with Hans Nielsen after a particularly hard race with Erik Gundersen. I won't repeat what he said about Cradley fans general behaviour during those times, but he did say that Dudley is a particularly rough area of the West Midlands.

It only takes a few hotheads to smear the name of a sides supporters. There's a world of difference between enthusiastically supporting your side (Berwick & Redcar fans spring to mind) and getting a bit OTT with the abuse and general hooligan like behaviour.

Edited by Shadders

A work colleague, who's from Wolverhampton, last went to speedway in the mid 80's. but he did say that Dudley is a particularly rough area of the West Midlands

What....all of it?As someone who lives there I find that rather offensive.Of course your friend will be aware that ALL of Wolverhampton is paradise.

Family sport when Dudley are in town?Not very likely!There are some very pleasant fans, but there are others who quite frankly need to be eliminated from the sport.Even Pearson in the pits put his head down and looked embarrassed.

Dudley?

What....all of it?As someone who lives there I find that rather offensive.Of course your friend will be aware that ALL of Wolverhampton is paradise.

I'm not familiar with the area. I was just quoting what he said

Dudley is a beautiful medieval market town with a history that dates back to pre Norman times. It has a Castle, a Zoo, an open air Black Country Museum and a Canal Trust that transports visitors deep into prehistoric limestone caverns. It was the engine room of the industrial revoltion.

So, whats not to like.....................apart from the possible exception of a Council that have provided no help whatsoever to those who have tried to get Speedway back in the Borough since the closure of Dudley Wood in 1995 and who have also presided over the closure of a football ground where Manchester United once played and a cricket ground where Worcestershire played regularly including a match against the Australian Tourists.

Where is the 'smiley face' button when you need it?

PS If you never saw a Dudley Wolves Trophy match you will have no idea of the passion that went into those encounters on both sides.

Yes we have some moronic supporters, and there is a dividing line between passionate supporters and moronic like behaviour and i too make no excuse for them, yes there was ill feeling bcuz of the recent abandoned meeting, but theres no excusing OTT behavior.

It would do one or two of the Cradley fans good for us to have a poor season, then maybe one or two of these glory hunters (hangers on) or whatever they want to call themselves (supporter is to kind)may drift away, and find other things to vent there feelings on.

Yes Cradley/Dudley has had tough times, same as everywhere else, but the people are the salt of the earth, Im not claiming its as nice as the Lake District, or The Fens, or The Cotswolds, or The New Forrest, but we cant all be born with a silver spoon in our mouth, but what we do have (once again) is a speedway Team, and as many of you know we do our best to support them, for some of us, its all we have, coming from a rather depressed area of the country, i will support our riders in whatever way i can, but i cannot support bad behavior at Stadia, in whatever guise its shows itself :D.

As Ommer mon said, the passion and fervour at Dudley/Wolves trophy meetings was something to behold, and probably not understood by neutral supporters, but no favour was asked, and none given in those local derbies.

• Like 1

I remember the days of Dudley wood and our supporters coach being "stoned" by the cradley "fans"

Was a regular thing !

Blamed on the West Bromwich Albion football supporters (that great footballing team who have won so much - ha ha)

This back in the 80's. - remember the great Garry Gugliemi getting his first rides for coventry as our number "8"

Nothing changed in the behaviour of the fans although probably now the children/grand children of the

"Marvellous" few.

No sympathy any more about your lack of stadium - however was a great supporter of Dan McCormick and believe speedway

On the whole is better for experiencing a guy like him !

(As an add-on, for what it is worth, have some great memories of Dudley wood and the golden hammer meetings. Struggling to get a vantage point in the stadium cus it full to the rafters. The likes of doug Wyer, Dave jessop, ole Olsen and of course Bruce penhall ,

They were the great times.

We as fans are mugged off big time now !