British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry V Swindon 9th May

Gustafsson out Kennett in. Kennett will score double what Gustafsson gets in every meeting as a second string.

Not much difference between the two. IMHO

Kennett struggled as second string last year for the Robins, now suddenly he is being hailed as 7-8 pointer. He isn't no longer.

• Like 1

Simon rode better than he scored. Thought he was great in heat 11. I was standing halfway down back straight and he was definitely in last before going round Harris and Fisher on bends 3/4. Unfortunately tried it again in heat 14 on the last bend and came unstuck. North was much more off the pace. Best thing he did was touch the tapes to allow Steve in. Spent most of the time trying to get on the dog track.

But an away max win will do every time!

Just what was that track all about? couldn't see half the races for the dust..!! are they on a water meter an trying to save money..?? Utterly ridiculous. Off now to hose myself down. Poore performance too. Need to step it up at home. Not good enough.

• Like 1

Kennett struggled as second string last year for the Robins, now suddenly he is being hailed as 7-8 pointer. He isn't no longer.

Kennett struggled" to a 6.5 average as a second string. Now in an easier league Gustafsson cannot even get that so Kennett should be an improvement. Nobody is saying Kennett is going to suddenly improve but he'll be better than what they currently have.

As a neutral fan who likes both teams, I was very bored tonight. I have watched some great meetings over the years at Brandon but wasn't sure why there was so much dust covering the track tonight and yet nobody watering it between heats.

Credit to Swindon for their gating tonight. However feel it was Coventry who beat themselves tonight. I have watched them away from home this season and they have been brilliant. all they needed was a bit of dirt tonight and they would have had the 3points.

meeting became boring due to every race being from the gate.

on a plus enjoyed Seeing Chris doing the presentations

Hope the track is sorted soon as on away form the bees are contenders for the top 4

• Like 4

As a heatleaders he's done very little. As a second string he'd 7 or 8

Kennett struggled" to a 6.5 average as a second string. Now in an easier league Gustafsson cannot even get that so Kennett should be an improvement. Nobody is saying Kennett is going to suddenly improve but he'll be better than what they currently have.

Oh i think YOU did!

Gustafsson like Kennett are both struggling. Don`t forget Kennett was already being beaten by `weaker second strings`.

Cant see how he would be deemed the better option. Both of their careers seem on a downhill slope fast heading for EL obscurity.

Nah but just saying that's how much we have spare, would much prefer Larsen and he has said that he's just a phone call away....

What I put on updates.

Post by brandonbee48 on 3 hours ago
Thanks for the updates and well done Robins. Dump Harris and bring back Emil!!!!!! :lol:
He needs the meetings and has no GP commitments--unlike Harris!!

Interestingly, Eddie Kennett classes Swindon as his favourite track in the Elite league.... ;)

Oh i think YOU did!

Gustafsson like Kennett are both struggling. Don`t forget Kennett was already being beaten by `weaker second strings`.

Cant see how he would be deemed the better option. Both of their careers seem on a downhill slope fast heading for EL obscurity.

No. I didn't. Without any improvement Kennett would score 7 or 8. Just by beating the same rider he beat last year to average 6.5

No. I didn't. Without any improvement Kennett would score 7 or 8. Just by beating the same rider he beat last year to average 6.5

Either way, i don't see it. Time will tell i guess.

Either way, i don't see it. Time will tell i guess.

As a comparason, Ryan Fisher is probably averaging about 3 as a heatleaer but got about 8 as a second string. The difference is massive.

Interestingly, Eddie Kennett classes Swindon as his favourite track in the Elite league.... ;)

has always been one of the tracks he went best on

Mick Horton don't know if it was the track (same for both sides) but we looked poor three riders out of failed badly. Fisher, Hansen one line and Harris. No chance of play off's on this standard. Sorry this us a competetive sport, score no goals in soccer away you go. Chris Harris has been a very good rider but last three seasons has not been up to scratch. Two observations to help this guy, Chris stop chasing the impossible dream forget the GP's, Mick Horton Chris should never have been Captain, give it to the natural leader, great rider, the obvious Captain of course Hans, Chris us NOT a born leader. Speedway is a stressful sport, who would want to travel half way around the world for a duck!. I can't even guess what it cost him but it can't do his head any good. He should how back to enjoying his Speedway which he did as a young man. I think he he still has the know how to sort himself out but we will see. This team will struggle to make the Play off's unless there are radical changes. Let me also say tha Kennett us not the answer to our present problems.

Not much difference between the two. IMHO

Under the new format he would be. Four points agsinst nk riders. Prob 2.5 out of 4 against second strings. 1 from 4 against heat leaders. Gives u 7.5.

No good as a third heat leader, but would be a strongish second string. Likes of fisher thorssel josh g must be averaging around 7 this season and kennett is as good as them?

Or by beating the same riders (plus nl riders) he is doing to average three as a heat leader Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1