British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolverhampton V Coventry (19/5)

Once the track bedded in, a great meeting to watch - close, tense, plenty of overtaking and not without it's drama. Just what was needed after some dreadfully dull fayre at Brandon all season. Bees should have taken full advantage of their lead but were the unluckier of the two teams. A point is welcome and probably about right in the final analysis. Standing almost level with the start line, we called the Pawlicki photo finish correctly. Interesting to read that the ref stopped answering the phone to Havelock in the end.

Hansen, Sargeant and Garrity can take full credit, though two disastrous rides dominated by bike problems from the latter really hit our chances of a surprise away win. Harris was solid if unspectacular. But where's our much trumpeted out and out No1?

A point or more at Poole on Wednesday? I'd be less optimistic, I'm afraid. But who knows..

• Like 1

Happy to have a point but personally feel it should have been more. Didnt feel Howarth should have been excluded and was shocked (like whole stadium) when announced Pawlicki won race when Hansen clearly crossed the line first. Should have been a win for bees.

Agree about Fisher, it was his own fault he wasnt ready

It wasn't clearly at all. But i think most thought Hansen had held on.

The ref normally checks the replay at Monmore before giving the verdict, hence there always being a slight delay on the call. Very often the replay reveals something different to what we saw with the naked eye too.

stevebrum, on 20 May 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Did you happen to notice which colour disc Keith was leaning on? ;)

• Like 1

Yes, we were unlucky with Garrity's bike problems but really we shouldn't need the reserves to score 20 points to scrape a win. Agree with the referee on all counts. Kyle rode straight back to the pits like he expectedto go. Heat 5 (start) and the photo finish. Like Speedybee I was standing close to being in line with the tapes and I certainly thought Pawlicki had won.

Edited by tiberon
  • Like 1