British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolverhampton V Coventry (19/5)

So near yet so far ... if Bees really want to win the League this year we have t0 make a change while we have the points scope - Larsen for Fisher is the obvious one however if we are going to lose Howarth for more meetings than is going to be healthy lose Howarth and exchange for a rider c 6.2 ish - is there anyone out there though on such an average?

Still think Larsen in for Fisher would be a great move.

• Like 3

Shame Garrity had 2 EF as would have been more points for Bees.

Pawlicki was brilliant again tonight.

Garrity & Sarj more than doing their job for the bees.

Fisher really struggling at the moment. Is it cos hes now in a heatleader position I wonder?

BWitcher, on 19 May 2014 - 9:44 PM, said:

To be fair, Tai hasn't been an automatic pick this year, he's been left out of at least 2 last heat deciders.

That's why I didn't post 'Adams is an idiot' again this week :D

• Like 3

Coventry to win by 4 !! Bees middle order to do the business .. Only 2 pages so far on a " BIG FIXTURE " Has OUR sport really sank this low ?

If you switch that to a home win by 4 you might have done well. ;)

Wolves to win but Bees to take a losing point back to Brandon.

Pretty good prediction!

48-42, with Hansen top scoring for Coventry.

Who would have predicted Hansen top scoring for the Bees - i`m still in shock. :shock:

it will be interesting to see if adams has a go at tai after a complete cock up in the last heat like he did with piotr a few weeks ago for his so called cock up a few weeks ago , but to be fair to tai he was not the only one who had a bad night

• Like 1

Well the track conditions and weather certainly made the track a leveler tonight. I was surprised to hear on the victory parade that the riders kept their usual set ups and didn't adjust to the conditions.

Coventry meant business from the off and clearly felt the track played more into there hands.

The Cov reserves have been superb all season long and yet again outshone on paper an equal pairing. However the scores say it all 5-16.

Wolves struggled to stay ahead when they had the lead with heat advantages being reversed.

Think its fair to say the track came more to Wolves in the last 3rd of the meeting.

However yet another meeting with Woffy struggling and more dropped points is costing us heavily.

A good sized crowd witnessed a rather one line meeting with the dirt line moving out slightly later on in the meeting. At least some good racing in the tail end of the meeting.

WOLVES

TAI - Was last week a one off? This was more of what has been happening all season long. Getting caught out in 1st bend situations and not quite quick enough either. He at least tried his all in Heat 13 and made a wide swoop on the 2nd lap that didn't pay off. 1.5/5

JACOB - absolutely superb and deserved a heat 15 pick. Pushed Hans in the opener and won his others in style. 4.5/5

RICKY - apparently had bike issues in his last 2 heats but he struggled to finish both. Started well but did little after. 1.5/5

TY - battled hard as always and took 3 well earned 2nd places. Said he usually goes well on these sort of conditions so was a little disappointed to have not done better. 2.5/5

PIOTR - I am fast running out of superlatives for our awesome Pole. He loves us and we love him. Its a love affair that is set to run and run. What an absolute stunning signing he is proving to be. 5/5 MOTM

JOE - scored in all his heats and battled hard. Certainly not disgraced. 2/5

ASH - Not a lover of deep wet tracks. He struggled big time, save heat 9 when he battled hard before crashing again. 0/5

BEES

Andersen - started well , faded quick. Left for dead by Piotr in heat 11 after gating him initially. 2/5

Howarth - Usually does well at Monmore so considered him a threat. However he struggled all night. Looked to have sorted things when he gated well and Bees on a 5-1 in Heat 8 but just couldn't control his speed and very nearly collected Fisher but forced Ty into no mans land. Night to forget. 0.5/5

Fisher - too much messing about at the start in Heat 5 and wasn't even ready when tapes went up. Did the business in heat 8 but otherwise an ordinary night. 1/5

Hansen - the surprise Bees performer and more than earned his Heat 15 nomination. Started slow but was good value in his other heats. 3.5/5

Bomber - Nothing really special to note other than his fine ride in heat 13 to deny Tai. 2/5

Garrity - bike problems in his last 2 but was magnificent prior to that. 3.5/5

Sarjeant - Excellent night and had a right roller in heat 7. Equal performance to Garrity. 3.5/5

• Like 2

Id be embarrassed if I wrote a post like this, deary me!

As always - I wrote my post without thinking.

So so sorry for dis- respecting Martin Knuckey.

Well it wasn't a bad meeting and quite happy that we got a, in my opinion, deserved point out of it. Never had us down for a win with Wolves' recent upturn in form, so can't complain at the result. Fair play to Hansen who once again seemed to improve as the night went on, having seen a few Bees away meetings now this seems to be a regular thing for him now. Really did the business at the end of the meeting tonight with his swoops around the outside of bends 1 and 2.

Garrity was brilliant in the early stages until his bikes let him down and how refreshing it was to see some astute team management in putting him in Heat 4! Was thinking it myself just before it was announced- run away winner of heat 2 with the benefit of being up against a reserve and Proctor on his first ride- a vital call that thankfully was made. Would personally have then put Sarjeant in heat 5 in place of the struggling Fisher, would have been ruthless on both riders but would then have allowed Garrity another reserve replacement later on - as it happened though Sarj stepped up once again and scored well above expectations, what a gater he is and he seems to have the sensible racecraft to go with it when racing his fellow reserves, really impressive.

For the Wolves Pawlicki really does look something special and put on a good show, Thorsell's becoming a real thorn in the opposition's side too, a good steady find for Wolves there and they're reaping the benefit of giving him time to find his feet.

Would like to see a replay of the Howarth/Proctor incident, to me it looked like although Howarth was moving out a lot, he didn't touch Proctor - I could be wrong which is why I'd like to see a replay but thought it was unlucky on Howarth as he was in front and if he didn't touch Proctor then shouldn't have been excluded. Don't know why Fisher was complaining to the ref in Heat 5 though, the ref did nothing wrong, Fisher was just messing about long after the riders and start marshall were ready - he really has lost his mojo from a month or so ago.

Id have taken that before the meeting. Fisher is really struggling at the moment, I think a change wont be to far away.

Of course he is struggling, he is a decent 2nd string but not hl quality. As soon as he drops to second string again he will start scoring, and whoever has moved up to the third hl slot will average 3-4 a meeting. And so on

Oh dear Adams, why not Thorsell.... always thought relationships at work couldn't work, seems the way with Tai and Grizzly.

In the after meeting interview on WM Adams said he spoke to Thorsell about ht 15 & he didn't fancy it .

Well it wasn't a bad meeting and quite happy that we got a, in my opinion, deserved point out of it. Never had us down for a win with Wolves' recent upturn in form, so can't complain at the result. Fair play to Hansen who once again seemed to improve as the night went on, having seen a few Bees away meetings now this seems to be a regular thing for him now. Really did the business at the end of the meeting tonight with his swoops around the outside of bends 1 and 2.

Garrity was brilliant in the early stages until his bikes let him down and how refreshing it was to see some astute team management in putting him in Heat 4! Was thinking it myself just before it was announced- run away winner of heat 2 with the benefit of being up against a reserve and Proctor on his first ride- a vital call that thankfully was made. Would personally have then put Sarjeant in heat 5 in place of the struggling Fisher, would have been ruthless on both riders but would then have allowed Garrity another reserve replacement later on - as it happened though Sarj stepped up once again and scored well above expectations, what a gater he is and he seems to have the sensible racecraft to go with it when racing his fellow reserves, really impressive.

For the Wolves Pawlicki really does look something special and put on a good show, Thorsell's becoming a real thorn in the opposition's side too, a good steady find for Wolves there and they're reaping the benefit of giving him time to find his feet.

Would like to see a replay of the Howarth/Proctor incident, to me it looked like although Howarth was moving out a lot, he didn't touch Proctor - I could be wrong which is why I'd like to see a replay but thought it was unlucky on Howarth as he was in front and if he didn't touch Proctor then shouldn't have been excluded. Don't know why Fisher was complaining to the ref in Heat 5 though, the ref did nothing wrong, Fisher was just messing about long after the riders and start marshall were ready - he really has lost his mojo from a month or so ago.

Happy to have a point but personally feel it should have been more. Didnt feel Howarth should have been excluded and was shocked (like whole stadium) when announced Pawlicki won race when Hansen clearly crossed the line first. Should have been a win for bees.

Agree about Fisher, it was his own fault he wasnt ready

• Like 1

Happy to have a point but personally feel it should have been more. Didnt feel Howarth should have been excluded and was shocked (like whole stadium) when announced Pawlicki won race when Hansen clearly crossed the line first. Should have been a win for bees.

Agree about Fisher, it was his own fault he wasnt ready

Of course he is struggling, he is a decent 2nd string but not hl quality. As soon as he drops to second string again he will start scoring, and whoever has moved up to the third hl slot will average 3-4 a meeting. And so on

Hansen did ok as 3rd heat leader to be fair, a couple of iffy meetings but some good scores too. Fisher just looks slow at the minute.

• Like 1

In the after meeting interview on WM Ad ams said he spoke to Thorsell about ht 15 & he didn't fancy it .

If that was the case then fair enough to Adams.