British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marcelle

Sheffield V Workington(29th May)

Just checked the BBC weather forecast and it forecasts rain until 8pm tomorrow....hope its wrong. :cry:

Supporters club bus all set for tommorow, please keep us Informed on the weather. Cheers

I'll be surprised if the supporters bus even makes it out of Workington! Been chucking it down all day and with the forecast as it is for tomorrow, i can only see another early rain off unfortunately.

I'm afraid it's an early call from me, I can't believe it will be on but if it is I can't see for a very good racing track and the forecast is for a wet and cold evening so it's home for me.. Looks also like a limited amount if speedway in June as we have a blank Thursday then for some inspired reason they want to compete with a England World Cup game.. Hmmm a good decision that sounds after a blank Thursday.. Looks like my next meeting will be Peterborough away then we back to berwick and scunthorpe again !!

Hope if its called off its early so Howarth has time to get to bees fixture :)

I think this meeting will run as long as it's not actually raining during the meeting, yes the track will be wet and crap, they usually call it off, blaming a waterlogged track, after half an hour of rain, we've had days of incessant rain this time so it should be under 3 feet of water by now, unless the drainage has miraculously started working. If it does run tonight it will be a case of getting out of the gate and to the first bend in front, adapting to the conditions, it will be the same for both teams, the winners will be the team that wants it most.

Courtesy of BBC weather report this morning...

Forecast Summary
  • Today

A murky start with local hill fog and mist, coupled with occasional rain. While the mist should clear, with rain also becoming lighter and more intermittent, it will stay rather cloudy throughout, with temperatures a little down on Wednesday's.

• Tonight

Mainly cloudy with the odd spot of rain overnight, mostly over the Dales. The best clear spells are likely in the north, perhaps allowing for isolated mist patches by dawn.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed !! This weather is crippling the season already :mad: , all the way to Berwick and not even get through the gate, don't really fancy the journey to Sheffield to suffer the same :neutral: . Supporters bus due to leave at 2.30pm

Not looking good but, you never know!! ;)

Even this early on you cant afford to be stacking up matches, with losing riders to the EL always an issue, finding alternative dates you haven't budgeted for is going to bring potential problems for someone? :sad:

No surprise on call off, miserable weather !

With our alternative race night Monday then we have problems with ty proctor.Not easy to re plan these meetings.