British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fish keeper

Wolves V Leicester

Someone did point out to me the individual pound per point of the Leicester team awhile back. I'm guessing Lasse and a guest as opposed to Llung and Hougaard would probably be saving Leicester a whole heap if what i was told was true. Which then begs the question, does anyone know if the non appearance going forward of Hougaard and Llung is similar to reasons that we had the non appearances of Lasse, Kauko and Maggie late on last year?

The Leicester club have been unable to say anything about the Hougaard situation until today as up until yesterday he had a sick note but as he rode in Poland yesterday he is now officially withholding his services and will be banned for 28 days in the UK and possibly Denmark depending on DMU view on case. If Leicester had signed somebody else as cover then they would not be able to have guests. The latest I have heard was a new signing was due to join this week and was in fact bringing bikes to UK Tues but now not likely to happen. So looks like back to the rider search

The Leicester club have been unable to say anything about the Hougaard situation until today as up until yesterday he had a sick note but as he rode in Poland yesterday he is now officially withholding his services and will be banned for 28 days in the UK and possibly Denmark depending on DMU view on case. If Leicester had signed somebody else as cover then they would not be able to have guests. The latest I have heard was a new signing was due to join this week and was in fact bringing bikes to UK Tues but now not likely to happen. So looks like back to the rider search

The thing is, flagrag, you have just stated, quite succinctly and in an informative way, exactly what the management of Leicester could and should have said. I can fully understand the club needing to keep quoting the "injured" line with Hougaard, but to now imply his absence is still due to injury is just plain misleading.

Presumably their approach taken with all matters is to be economical with the truth, and if that's their policy well so be it but it kind of confirms what many folk have thought for a long time.

I take it that you're not acting in any "official" capacity but have close access to the actual facts. So I'd take care, if i were you!!!

Sounds like by waiting for him to withhold his services Leicester have messed up. why didnt they re-declare a few days ago? Would make far more sense IMO to drop Lasse and find another 3.XX rider to fit in this new guy. The 3.XX rider should be capable of scoring 4 points a meeting - Look at Palm Toft at BV, he's not a real EL 4.5 rider but the format makes it easy for him.

Sounds like by waiting for him to withhold his services Leicester have messed up. why didnt they re-declare a few days ago? Would make far more sense IMO to drop Lasse and find another 3.XX rider to fit in this new guy. The 3.XX rider should be capable of scoring 4 points a meeting - Look at Palm Toft at BV, he's not a real EL 4.5 rider but the format makes it easy for him.

The format does make it easier for second strings but even still Palm toft is doing alot better than I thought he would.

Seems strange on the face of it not to have re-declared sooner

The format does make it easier for second strings but even still Palm toft is doing alot better than I thought he would.

Ask Troy Batchelor and Matej Zagar. 😁

Edited by Aces51

He is, I agree. But bringing in someone like Sam Simota who would probably score 4 or 5 a meeting rather than the 4 or 5 Lindgren will get will free up the extra point they would need to bring in the "new" rider.

Big Al no I am nothing at all to do with the Leicester promotion but the facts are very clear for anybody that has been following Speedway for a number of years like myself. The problem with some Leicester fans is that they do not have a great knowledge of of how modern day speedway is operated now. Anyway back on topic I predict a Wolves win by 12 disappointed that I can't make it myself but will be following the scores closely from Birmingham

All in all it is time for the Lions management to get things back on track for the teams sake. We have riders coming in at guest, some doing absolute rubbish. As a team, well to be honest we just do not have a team at BP and this is only a third of the way through the season. New riders will have to be put in place soon and not just any old rubbish that wants to come and make up the numbers is is down to the management to look at things in perspective and get a team together that is not only a team that the fans will be proud of but a team that will start to win races and a team that that is competative in the EL.

We seem to be running a club at nothing better than PL or NL league. That is not good enough, they wanted the EL place, so they should have been fully comited to have riders that where worthy of riding in the EL.

Until they get thier act together and put a team in place that is worthy of EL status then I am afraid that the Lions will just be a team to make up the numbers in the EL and not a team to hope to get up there with the other teams.

The way they have gone about things this year, I am afraid that they would have been far better staying in the PL until they had the capital to atrract riders of a decent calibre to have made the Lions a team that was worthy of riding in the EL.

They are losing more races than winning most of this comes down to a poor choice of guests and the reseves and the reserves they have chosen to replace the injured Perry.

Come you lot get your act together and get a team like the ones in the Old days when you could be proud of them.

• Like 1

How i hate my sport sometimes :mad: .

A beautiful day with predicted weather changes later on............................

I got there at 6.30 and the track looked great, being worked on clearly had been well worked over throughout the day and no doubt had plenty of moisture in but at least the track was dry.

About 7PM the water bowser was out and was being heavily watered with a hose particularly the outside of the straights that i thought was a little odd with huge black pendulous clouds fast approaching. Right on queue drops of water on the parade and proper rain after heat 1, heavy after heat 2.

Within 20 mins the riders and ref was out on track and was unridable and postponed.

Why was the last watering undertaken when rain was due??

Doc and the team are usually spot on with track prep so i am hugely surprised they decided to add extra water to what looked a raceable track.

Pools of water were visible on both bends and the straights saturated.

Yet again no thought for the paying public. Rider safety is paramount. Supporter entertainment as usual at the bottom of the list.

Rant over.

Riders need to get on with it, I know its dangerous but thats why they get paid £200 a point.

Hate when riders whine, You wouldn't see Valentino Rossi or Lewis Hamilton moan about the rain.